Are we animals or human?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by FarFarAway, Dec 16, 2011.

1. FarFarAway

FarFarAway Choice is an illusion

http://www.lifenews.ru/news/77137

I found the news today on one of the Russian channels.

Some days ago on one of the Moscow metro stations a man threw a puppy on the rails right in front of the coming train. No-one paid any attention, the driver didn't stop the train, the passengers and the police didn't pay any attention and the man (hard to call him this now) who threw the dog just got into this very train and went away.

Only after the train left the station one young man jumped on the rails, took the puppy and put him back on the platform. The other passengers helped him get off the rails.

The puppy is alive but is severely injured. It is now in one of the veterinarian's hospitals in Moscow, the volunteers are taking care of it together with the veterinarians. The dog has lots of bruises, but it's spine is broken, so she can move on only two legs, the front ones. Volunteers and doctors are trying to make some kind of device which will help the dog move at least somehow.

I was crying when I read the article. As the dog owner (I have got a german shepherd) I really can't see any reason for such cruelty. This is a living creature which feels everything, it feels pain, it feels love and it is just nothing short of a miracle that the dog is treating the doctors and volunteers with love now.

I really hope the dog finds someone who will be loving and caring owner for her.

And I do pray that the police is able to find the man who did this atrocity.

Ozzisk8tr and (deleted member) like this.
  2. bardtoob

bardtoob Well-Known Member

Are we human or are we dancers? :GnP1::TnD1::BNS1:

3. Flatfoote

Flatfoote Active Member

In many instances, to compare humans to animals is an insult to the animal kingdom!

4. FarFarAway

FarFarAway Choice is an illusion

Indeed.

5. pumba

pumba New Member

Absolutely. And this is one of the reasons why I don't feel a lot of sympathy to people most of the time (sick people and children are of course an exception), because animals are way more helpless in a modern world.

6. susan6

susan6 Well-Known Member

The longer I live, the more I hate people.

ks1227 and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

There are wheels made for dogs who can't use their front or back legs.

Heartbreaking story.

We had another one here this week. A German Sheperd puppy with a deeply embedded collar. The puppy was reeking, emaciated and filthy when rescued by the SPCA. The collar was successfully removed and the wound needed 23 stitches.

The pup showed no fear or aggression, despite it's pain. She was just so happy to get some love and attention.

At least this one has a happy ending.

And I wish people who did such things were punished appropriately. I think the maximum sentence for animal cruelty here is six months, which isn't long enough.

8. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Poor sweet little thing. I hope they can help this little guy get his life back and a kind family to give him a permanant home.

9. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

I cried when reading this story (WARNING GRAPHIC PHOTO OF INJURY ON A DOG AT THE LINK):

Dozer the pit bull ran out of the house and under the porch of an 80-y-o neighbor, who defended him with her broom but was ultimately too scared to handle him herself. He was left untreated for 5 days, scratching at his gunshot wound until it grew to be a huge gash, which is what the photo shows.

http://www.examiner.com/dogs-in-national/pit-shot-while-defending-owner

And yet, when you look at Dozer's face, he's only happy that he was found and being taken care of by kind strangers. :wuzrobbed:

God I love dogs, and have no idea how they could be abused. They are such faithful creatures.

10. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

(((((((((((Dozer)))))))))))) and :cheer2: to the elderly woman who saved him.

11. Japanfan

These dogs are the lucky ones.

A link attached to the Dozer story reported a dog put down by mistake. The dog was mistaken for another that was supposed to be put down and no one noticed that he had a microchip.

But the sad thing is that dogs have to be down at all.:(

12. loulou

loulou Well-Known Member

The age at which many children stop being nice is constantly lowering, have you noticed?

13. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

I am a late comer to this thread. The story is infuriating. How can anyone be so cruel? I hope the little dog gets a loving home.

14. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

Pffft, children are terrors at the "terrible two" stage but I don't think anyone would support denying sympathy to kids that young. :lol:

Myself, I didn't stop being a brat until I was about 10. I did what I was told, but I was a brat about it. Teenagers are notoriously angsty which is a sign of selfish thinking and isn't really a sign of how terrible humanity is becoming. In my experience if you're still a selfish brat past your 20's, you're a lost cause. But anyone younger can still be salvaged. :lol:

15. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

This! And I thank God every day there are still wonderful people like the elderly woman that are beautiful inside and out. I've been blessed with finding that out about several of the members here (around the world) at FSU! :respec:

16. Japanfan

Except she waited five days to get help, while Dozer suffered and chewed at his bullet wound.

17. loulou

loulou Well-Known Member

When I used the term "nice" I refferred to a state of the heart, not to children who don't throw fits.

I don't think there's an age limit to hope (history has seen entire countries get up and get better pratically overnight).
    But I do notice the age at which kids start being cruel and feeling wrongly entitled is lowering.

Also, in terms of good civic habits, the north of the world is becoming more more similar to the south; while one would hope the opposite were to happen.

In the meanwhile, politicians and most people seem to have lost the ability to imagine and implement good, fair societies that can live and prosper.
    It's not that difficult to do, but again: you have to listen to a coscience, rather than being cynical (and call it pragmtism).

18. sequins

sequins Active Member

^This...

and this^. People really just suck sometimes.

ks1227 and (deleted member) like this.