Are there any websites where I can watch the Olympics On Demand post-Sochi?

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by olympic, Feb 23, 2014.

1. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

Obviously, the Olympics are over.

I noticed after Vancouver 2010, it took maybe years to find performances on Youtube; something about IOC copyright and all. But, I wanted to watch some of the competitions undisturbed, make my own judgments now that the brouhaha has died down, and see skaters that crap NBC Prime-Time did not show! Someone after 2013 Worlds managed to load RAI's Italian coverage of the entire ladies LP on Youtube and I watched that (because the US didn't bother to televise it).

Wasn't sure if there was something similar for Sochi. Thanks in advance for any tips, info, etc.
  2. BlueRidge

BlueRidge AYS's snark-sponge

I recall people saying after 2012 Summer Olympics that NBC made at lot of stuff openly available for a couple of weeks immediately after the Olys ended? Or something?

As far as I can tell you can't even log in and see anything at NBC's Olympic site but maybe you can?

Is there no way to see anything even if you have access? This seems ridiculous.
  3. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

If you are in the US and have access to the NBC Olympics web site through your cable provider, everything is available on demand.

Link to all replays

Select the date of the event you are seeking and then scroll down to find it.

Also, if you go to the figure skating page, you will see links to highlight videos and other clips.
  4. Peter_K

Peter_K Active Member

You may not have that long a wait before you find the full events on Youtube.

The events from 2010 were posted to in March and April of 2010. (in HD 1080p, no less)

Hopefully, the full events from Sochi will be up on YouTube soon. I'd like to be able to see the _full_ gala and the skaters that CBC chacked - especially the German Dance couple in the free dance.
  5. deltask8er

deltask8er New Member

6. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

Thanks to all

Would prefer to stream a Euro telecast from Spain, Italy, UK or Germany. Understand Spanish and German. Loved what I heard from Robin Cousins in 2010
  7. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Just to give everyone who has Comcast a heads-up about their access to NBC Olympics now that it is over.

Although it worked perfectly during the games, it is now no longer accessible through the website http://www.nbcolympics.com, even if you're logged into your Comcast account.

I contacted Comcast about this (the stupid NBC Olympics website gives a message to contact your provider), and the guy I spoke to was extremely helpful. The site to access all of the Olympic events On-Demand is now:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/microsite/nbc-olympics-sochi-2014.

Hope this helps anyone who was ready to beat the snot out of NBC for not putting a message about this on their website. Fcuking idiocy at its best.
  8. luviskate

luviskate New Member

I have a Comcast account and click on the xfinity link you provided but still can't view skating gala. I tried login and log out but it keeps saying contact your provider. How were you able to view skating events? Thanks.
  9. ItalianFan

ItalianFan Member

I was wondering the same thing about access from Europe. Unfortunately this time around the Italian RAI did not buy broadcasting rights so nothing available from them. Likewise Eurosport UK did not broadcast the Olys. I too remember vainly trying to find footage somewhere anywhere!! of Vancouver and I never did for at least a year. I watched Sochi in live stream mostly on the BBC channel but not being in the UK, I don't know if I can access anything from them now. I fail to understand what the problem with access is now that everything is over, why do they still deny access on the basis of geoblocks??!!
  10. ItalianFan

ItalianFan Member

Just found this you tube Oly channel which has EVERYTHING not just skating. BBC commentators!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NU-KfPZOUsk
  11. Visaliakid

Visaliakid Well-Known Member

12. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

halffull and (deleted member) like this.
  13. halffull

halffull Well-Known Member

I miss the Olympics :(
  14. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

Is there any archive for the NBC SN feed aside from the ladies free skate? The full replays from NBC Olympics I've found are all OBS. Just curious.

I would have liked to see BBC coverage too, but just no time and I don't believe they were archived past a week on iPlayer. :(

CBC Olympics still has their replays archived per event here:
    http://olympics.cbc.ca/schedules-results/index.html