Are Katia & Illia still together?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Lissa, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Lissa

Lissa New Member

Sorry but I read they are divorced & have been watching Battle of the Blades & wondered since I never see him there.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Kelleys6th

Kelleys6th Active Member

3. Willowway

Willowway Well-Known Member

A group of us from Kulik's Krew had the good fortune of spending some enjoyable time with Ilia, Katia and Liza during the weekend (Nov. 5-7) of the taping of the Disson Holiday Moments show in Rapid City, SD. Lovely family and btw, lovely show - watch it on the Sunday after Thanksgiving (Nov. 28) on NBC 4 pm EST but check the time in your location. Katia and Ilia both skated beautifully (each of them did two solo programs), Peter and Naomi were a very special treat and among others, Jeremy Abbott did a nice job. Marvelously Christmas-y music from Mannheim Steamroller - it's a keeper!! I recommend it.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  4. REO

REO New Member

That sounds like a great show! I loves me some Kulik and also Mannheim Steamroller! Perfect.

5. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me! :encore:

6. HSGP21

HSGP21 New Member

Does Liza still skate? Is she competing? Daria must be in college by now!

7. Willowway

Willowway Well-Known Member

Liza does skate. Ilia is her coach. She has competed, according to Ilia, in a few small competitions at the Pre-Juvenile level and done well. She is very enthusiastic about her skating and working hard at it. Ilia actually told us that a few weeks ago he passed his Masters level coaching exam (PSA which is aligned with USFSA) - he seemed very pleased about that.

Daria is in her senior year in high school.

8. OrioleBeagle

OrioleBeagle Active Member

Ilia must be getting serious about coaching. I would love to see him coaching Brandon Mroz or Alexe Gilles!

9. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

i would also love to see katia coach, if not pairs then singles. someone in this new generation has got to absorb that legendary classic russian school of skating, at least the CSKA school of training. i would love to see katia pass on that legacy.

10. screech

screech Well-Known Member

Ilia and Katia were introduced as each others spouse during the Chamber Music holiday special that was mentioned earlier, so I'd assume they're still together. Plus, in one of the fluffy advertisements, you saw Ilia putting a pandora bracelet on her wrist.

I could understand why Ilia wasn't at BOTB, since someone had to be home looking after the kids who are both in school, plus his coaching. Though I was really disappointed that we never got to see him. Love me some Ilia!

Crazy to think that Liza is already 9, and Katia and Ilia have been married now for 8 years!

Also hard to believe by looking at her that she's almost 40.

11. stejoho40

stejoho40 Active Member

Where is Ilia coaching?

12. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

I'd love to see them skate together again they were just beautiful together. Not G&G beautiful but still gorgeous.