April Fools Prank

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by skipaway, Mar 30, 2010.

1. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

Thought this was ingenious. If I worked in an office, I'd steal this prank and enjoy.

April Fools

Impromptu and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

The IT department in my company did something similar last year, except they sent out a mass message saying our computers had been enabled with voice commands. The responses were hilarious - I was shocked by how many people fell for it!

3. suep1963

suep1963 Well-Known Member

I think the biggest one to hit our area was in the late 1970s/early 1980s. One of the local DJ's said that the phone company was going to be "cleaning out their lines" by blowing air through them. If you didn't want to get your house full of dust, to take your phones off the hook and place them in a plastic baggy.

Well--the phone company got many, many phone calls and with all these phones off the hook, it some how messed up the system. The phone company complained to the radio stations, his bosses said to go back on the air and apologize. So he did--he said he was sorry everyone was so stupid to believe him. :lol: He was a very well liked DJ, so most people were not offended for him calling them stupid--I think they agreed!

4. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Genius! :rofl:

5. FigureSpins

FigureSpins New Member

OOooooOOOO - I could totally pull this off since I work off-campus. I can just print the message to the copier directly and have someone else find it and post it. Have to test a bit first...

One of my favorite tech gags was when someone took a screen shot of a person's desktop and opened up up in a full-size browser window. Obviously, none of the icons worked, lol. Its was a great prank with no harm, no foul, no damage that needed undoing.

6. Angelskates

Angelskates Well-Known Member

7. ryanbfan

ryanbfan New Member

My favorite one is where you take either icy hot or Vicks vapor rub and put it on the toilet seat of whoever you're pranking.

8. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

This isn't really a "prank", but an April Fool .... really! A neighbor on my street (and I have no clue who it is) leaves a little yard ornament in about a 10 house area of my street every April Fool's Day. I've gotten a frog, bunny, bird, turtle, pink flamigo, and today I leave for work and there is a goose! It's funny! :lol: He's wearing a little blue coat to match my house! I have a little menagirie of animals in a little plant area. It actually took me about the third time to realize this always happened on April Fool's Day! That is when I learned that it was "The April Fool of My Street's Name". That's what they call the person. :rofl:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  9. Impromptu

Impromptu Well-Known Member

:slinkawayOk, I followed the link and dowloaded the templates for this. I thought my officemates would not be fooled, but would appreciate the joke anyway.

Some of them were fooled.... including my boss. :slinkaway

10. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

That's not actually very funny.

11. bobalina77

bobalina77 Duck Hunter

They did one on the radio today where they said that they were starting a "dog tax" in Vancouver and it was done according to weight.. like $10 per lb, and they were thinking of starting it province wide next year :lol: A guy called in completely up in arms over the whole thing. It was pretty funny!

12. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

They had a cute one on Pardon the Interruption on ESPN today where they said Tiger Woods was going to call a press conference at the Masters that would reveal he would be now going by his given name Elderick (sp?).

Here's another past one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBkf9dxiIe8

13. Moto Guzzi

Moto Guzzi Well-Known Member

I received a newsletter from Dharma Trading Company, a company that sells dyes, paints, clothing blanks, etc. They are offering a free dyeable bunny rabbit with every purchase, dyeable couches with directions on how to dye them in your swimming pool, and helper monkey kits. Not only that, "In searching for ways to improve our already excellent customer service, during the month of April, Dharma employees will hand deliver your order to your location, unpack it and assist you with your project. After, we will clean up and make dinner. Just check the box marked "Normal service" in checkout."

Newsletter is here: http://www.dharmatrading.com/newsletter/2010_04_01.html :lol:

milanessa and (deleted member) like this.
  14. mkats

mkats New Member

This was a story told to me last night by a friend I'll call A:

A gets an email telling him he has a package at the university post office, so A toddles over and gives the worker his box number, expecting to pick up his package. After much searching, the post office worker is forced to conclude that no such package exists, but takes down A's contact information and tracking number of the package etc. to contact him later if it turns up.

As A is walking out of the post office, he hears someone saying something about April Fools'. A realizes that friend B happens to be very good with computers, and this prank sounds oddly familiar...

A calls B and demands to know if he did it. B denies it at first but finally gives in. A decides to go tell the post office workers - B says "no, you can't do that, there are still a bunch of people who haven't gotten their 'packages'!"

Being a good person, A goes back and apologizes to the post office worker for wasting her time and tells her that it was an April Fool's joke played by one of his friends. The worker goes, "Oh, is his name B?"

"How did you know?"
    "Well, we checked the tracking number of your package, and it was shipped from Boston to somebody named B."

At this point... a man at the next post office window leans over and says "B? He's my student. He has a midterm in my class next week. Let me talk to him about pranking people you don't know."

A saw B later that night and noted that B looked rather subdued... :lol: