Anyone remember Michael Tyllesen?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by SmallFairy, Oct 6, 2011.

1. SmallFairy

SmallFairy Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTG6swQ-T8Q

Finally this is up on youtube, with Danish commentators, fab!

One of my favourite programs ever, maybe not so complex, but what an artist he is. How he feels the music, how he really gets into the character...awwww I never grow tired of it.

Of course I have a soft spot for Scandinavian skaters, but this program brought Michael a 9th place finish at the Nagano Olympics, that's something to be proud of.

Igor Bobrin made the program for him, to music by Bill Conti, from the movie "The Right Stuff".
    I really love the piece in the middle where he's painting in the air, and takes a look and approve afterwards.
    (yup, I'm watching my old tapes again lol)
    Finnice and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

SmallFairy, thank you! Tusen tack!
    I loved loved Michael Tyllesen. He was voidy and creative, as this program shows.
    I had the pleasure of speaking with him in Nice Worlds 2000, and he was a very pleasant, friendly and intelligent young man. One of the nicest skaters I have ever met. He was having a professional career then, and I wish he has succeeded in his life.
  3. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Yes, and that was the exact program that popped up in my head when I saw the thread. Love it. :) Do you have any other recommendations of his work?
  4. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

That was awesome, SmallFairy -- many thanks!
  5. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

I do remember him when I saw him at Worlds in 98. I thought he was an interesting skater too. Had some really nice ideas in the program and worked really well with the music. Loved the way he positioned his head to provide direction and purpose to the program. But there were a lot of crossovers in that program. Shame because he was probably quite capable of something more complex.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

That was a very good program. I really liked him too.