1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone have experience with Graf Lausanne blades?

Discussion in 'Moves In The Field' started by treesprite, Dec 5, 2012.

1. treesprite

treesprite Member

I'm looking for some info and opinions on these blades - there isn't much information around on the internet about them.

I have been rink guarding and don't want to break down my good skates, so I was going to try to find some inexpensive or used blades and put them on the boots I had recently put the figure blades on (I haven't been using them, so...), then use those for guarding. I couldn't find what I was looking for, but found brand new Graf Lausannes for half price. I decided I was better off spending $100 for $200 blades than $75 for beginner blades, and figured it's possible that I might want to use them for real skating (vs guarding) in the future, so I ordered them.

I would like to know how the Lausannes compare to Coronation Ace blades, aside from the rocker being different (Lausanne is 8ft, Coronation Ace is 7ft).

I would also like to know what it is like skating on an 8ft rocker compared to 7ft, since I have only ever used 7ft rocker blades (MK Professional and Coronation Ace).

Thanks in advance for the feedback/info.
  2. jp1andonly

jp1andonly Well-Known Member

I had a pair of rm and thought they were good...I had no complaints. Changing the rocker takes a bit of time but isn't too hard to get used to...I find I was tripping a bit over them
  3. Willowway

Willowway Well-Known Member

I have skated on Coronation Comets which have an 8' rocker. The glide is wonderful - easier to get a long, lovely edge. Pivoting on the blade is more of a challenge and the sweet spot harder to find. I have kept them on a pair of boots - it would take a bit of adjustment but not too much time to use them again if I ever wanted to skate for mostly (not exclusively) stroking around the ice. Comets are lovely blades but I don't think blades with an 8' rocker are the best choice for an all-purpose blade.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2012