Anyone going to Sochi in 2014?

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by ehdtkqorl123, Jan 11, 2013.

1. tut88

tut88 Member

NOw there are more flight to Sochi

Lufthansa has many from italy to Munich/Frankfurt with a change in Moscow.

TUrkish is good but they do not operate Istanbul -sochi all days and in some options you have to wait 11 hours.

NOW my BIGGEST problem is the HOTEL !!!
    ANy help guys ???
    without hotel I can not get a Visa !

Tips ???
    thank you !

2. ostile17

ostile17 Well-Known Member

Any news on hotel sales opening up on July 1st? According to my NOC's agency everything is still up in the air, the rates are huge, and the minimum stay clause is still there!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  3. tut88

tut88 Member

no news either, it seems that agencies are waiting the rossian olympic committee to release hotels rooms. Olimpyc commitee asked russia federation a maximum tariffs for hotels, that is huge anyway !

4. FSUSF

FSUSF New Member

How much budget do I have to plan for the accommodation?
    In 2010, Vancouver was a pretty big city so there were plenty of hotels or even homestays but Sochi/Adler is totally a different town..
    Should I expect $500 per night minimum?

5. FSUSF

FSUSF New Member

Ah, by the way, anyone knows when seat assignment will be done? On Sochi ticket site, it says it will begin in June but I havent heard any news.
    Should I ask CoSport? hmmm

6. beebee

beebee Active Member

A number of cruise ships will be docked at the Ports of Sochi and Adler and serve as hotels for spectators. They are currently available for booking. Check out www.Svoy-Sochi.ru for booking information. The website is in Russian only at the moment, but if you can't read Russian, Google Chrome works just fine. They are the official travel agent for these ships--there are a cople of other sites offering bookings, but at much higher rates.

An inside cabin is about $140 USD and an outside cabin $170 USD. You can view a map on the website and see just how close the ship that will dock in Adler (Grand Holiday) is to the Coastal Cluster venues. Was told its about 300m. I booked through this agency and have to say that their communications are excellent and they speak English.

For additional Sochi information. I recommend the TripAdvisor Sochi forum.

RunnersHigh and (deleted member) like this.
  7. ehdtkqorl123

ehdtkqorl123 New Member

Wow that sounds like a great deal! 4600 Rubles per night including breakfast? OMG.
    I have a few questions.

1. How did you communicate with them in English? Did you call their number ( 7 495 989 8011)? Or what email address did you send your questions to?
    2. Do you know if they will send you an invitation letter/ voucher mandatory for getting tourist visa from Russia?

Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
    RunnersHigh and (deleted member) like this.
  8. beebee

beebee Active Member

I've communicated via email with Olga, who's email address is on the website. She is quite prompt with her responses, but don't forget to take into account the time difference (8 hours later than Eastern Time) They do provide visa support. Definitely check out the TripAdvisor.com Sochi Forum--there is a Russian poster named Vlad who has been supplying invaluable information. He has also been communicating with Olga by phone and reporting back on what he finds out.

9. ehdtkqorl123

ehdtkqorl123 New Member

10. SandraMGfan

SandraMGfan Active Member

Any updates on hotels (outside of Cruise ships)?
    I haven't been able to follow closely lately :(

11. ostile17

ostile17 Well-Known Member

No, everything is quiet... too quiet!

12. blancanieves

blancanieves Active Member

13. tut88

tut88 Member

Just a question, Venues are near by walk ???
    I can't figure it out from google map
    thank you !

14. senorita

senorita New Member

Please I need help from anyone who has bought tickets from Cosport or any other official reseller outside Russia, how do you apply for spectator pass after, what do you put in the Self-registration code/Partner code box?

According to Sochi site
    but Cosport wrote me that
    My country will never get an official reseller, think it will be a miracle if I manage to go to Sochi afterall.

Ship Cruises are a very good deal and I contacted them too, very fast answer and I think only two of the ships will be in Adler area.

15. senorita

senorita New Member

Does anyone know Orenair that will fly from Germany to Sochi during Olys?