Anyone going to Sochi in 2014?

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by ehdtkqorl123, Jan 11, 2013.

1. SandraMGfan

SandraMGfan Active Member

I did not get any tix through Cosport in London, 2 through LOGOC and 2 through France NOC. As far as pricing went between LOGOC and France NOC, I honestly couldn't tell you as I did not go and compare afterwards. But the France NOC tickets were with EventTeam, a reseller, so there was most likely a margin for them to make money.

I got 2 skiing tickets for a friend when Cosport UK sale opened today at 12. Both Cat B, one at 81€ (Men Super G) and one at €65 (Women Slalom G) > decent prices in my opinion. We also managed to scoop Men Free, Short Dance and Ladies Short when the Cosport Australia sale opened at 1 a.m.!!
    We might have a slight Olympic addiction :p

2. ehdtkqorl123

ehdtkqorl123 New Member

Yay I bought Ladies SP, FS. Both Cat A.
    Now... flight from Toronto to Sochi.. The cheapest is around $2000+. So I would rather bus it to Buffalo and then go to Sochi at $1500(round trip).
    Still... It is not cheap... hmm I guess I should work harder to get bonus.. :(

3. ehdtkqorl123

ehdtkqorl123 New Member

Just like Vancouver Olympics, seats are not assigned. So does this mean that I might get a seat randomly in my chosen category?

4. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Yay!!!

5. senorita

senorita New Member

For now the only direct flights to Sochi are from Istanbul and Russia, do you know if there are flights from Frankfurt, Munich etc?

6. somcutza

somcutza New Member

At a certain point, I found Sochi on a flight's map of Austrian Airlines. Vienna-Sochi - to be precise; but if I try to look on the website, they either say the destination is not on the winter schedule of Austrian, either I shall contact a specific bureau, cause I cannot book online.

On the other hand, Sochi is a destination of Air Moldova, http://www.airmoldova.md/destination-ro/.
    It's short trip, as far as I can see, but this is not a daily flight. For me, Chisinau-Sochi will be an interesting choice (given the fact that I'll come from Bucharest), but I hope the number of flights will become higher; cause now it is not a solution to consider; they rarely fly to Sochi (or my abilities to search aren't that good).
    But, until then, I still have to have some tickets; still not convinced about CoSport.

7. ehdtkqorl123

ehdtkqorl123 New Member

8. senorita

senorita New Member

Vienna sounds great. Istanbul too. I dont wanna fly via Moscow, I m almost just 1.5h flight from Sochi but of course no direct flight, maybe by Olys they will have one.
    A friend of mine managed to buy C category from Cosport, but when they opened in Europe I didnt see any of them.

9. somcutza

somcutza New Member

I believe Aeroflot, the national airline of Russia, has a Vienna-Sochi too; and it flies daily. This could be an option, too; though I have good experiences with Austrian and have never flown with Aeroflot.

I too saw some C tickets at the beginning of the sale, at the Team Ice Dance Short Dance/Ladies Short/Paisr Fee and at Men's Short; they vanished quicky. And, after that, I saw at a certain point a C category ticket at the Gala (though, it was not at the beginning of the sale... which is kinda strange).
    Anyway, if you find a suitable flight from an European town to Sochi, keep us all updated :). Moscow is not an option too mee, if we consider that Sochi is right across the Black Sea. If it had been in summer, I would have come by boat, from Constanta (romania) till Sochi :))

10. ehdtkqorl123

ehdtkqorl123 New Member

Sigh, it will be a long journey from Toronto to Sochi. Anyone going to Sochi from North America?

11. Piper

Piper Member

I bought B category for FD and Ladies FS and I can only hope I'll be able to see anything. :lol: But A is out of question, too expensive.
    As for SD, I'll have to deal with the upper bowl.

Shipping is possible in Russia for extra price, but if you live in Moscow or Sochi it's actually easier to pick it up yourself.

You can buy tickets for other Russian residents, but it's impossible for non-Russians, that's for sure. :(

Also, booking in all the hotels is blocked until July - Olympic committee will declare the prices for them, and I think, it's not bad, because prices could be ridiciulously high otherwise.

Actually, all this is pretty crazy and risky, and it may cost a fortune, but I know that I want it, no matter what))) And I don't have much choice, the pass has already been approved for me. :D

12. RunnersHigh

RunnersHigh Well-Known Member

Did you make it? :cheer: It will be a really really long journey!! I'd like recommend you to hand them over to me. :lol: I don't know how to buy tix.... sigh,,,

Vash01 and (deleted member) like this.
  13. senorita

senorita New Member

So it is confirmed, i cant ask a Russian friend to buy for us and send me with Courier? :(

14. Piper

Piper Member

No, you can only buy it through the committee of your country.

I saw the link at the official site some days ago, but now I just can't find it. :wall:

15. tut88

tut88 Member

me !!! FD !!!! :)

16. tut88

tut88 Member

you can buy it from cosport website !!
    I did it !
    and I'm not Russian
    :)

17. senorita

senorita New Member

I would but when they opened for Europe, it was Men Sp A category, no Lp, no ladies, and wanted C for pairs..:(Maybe i should have opened the australian site faster:slinkaway

18. ehdtkqorl123

ehdtkqorl123 New Member

I was lucky :)

19. SandraMGfan

I've been looking at flights (from London) and nothing is opened yet. Not before another 4 weeks according to the travel agent.
    Read in the French press that there will be direct flights from Paris (prob AirFrance). If AirFrance is adding direct flights, I'm thinking that British Airways (from London) and Lufthansa (from Frankfurt - would make the most sense) will offer some direct flights too.
    Apparently, Turkish Airlines will have more flights to Sochi, and Austrian Airlines and Emirates have announced some (all those infos are coming from GamesBids.com)

20. Lady Lorna

Lady Lorna New Member

Can anyone answer the following question? (I have not had any luck in contacting Co-sport.) US is my country of residence. They have the tickets I want on their Canadian website. Can I buy through the Canadian website? If so, how will I get the required security pass once I have the tickets? Thanks in advance!

21. DaveRocks

DaveRocks Well-Known Member

You can't buy on the Canadian website unless you have a Canadian mailing address. I'm in the same situation as you. There is a ticket on the Canadian website that I'd like to get that's not available on the US website.

I wish there was more information about the required security pass and its relationship to tickets. I still don't see why a friend of mine in Canada couldn't order tickets, then send them to me. Are the powers-that-be saying that you're not allowed to buy tickets for someone (in another country) as a "gift"?

ETA:

From CoSport's terms and conditions:

So, a ticket may be transferred to a friend or family member. That said, if the original purchaser isn't attending the Olympics themselves, and if he/she doesn't get the tickets mailed to them in time before leaving for Sochi, then you're out of luck (since the person who purchased the tickets must pick up the tickets themselves in Sochi).

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  22. Lady Lorna

Lady Lorna New Member

Thanks, DaveRocks. That's very helpful.

23. senorita

senorita New Member

That's risky isn't it? Aren't tickets to be sent in January 2014? Or am I mistaken? If so is there time to send someone overseas the tickets before Sochi?

24. somcutza

somcutza New Member

From the CoSport site, which suspended the sales; at least in Europe.

Following CoSport’s February 11 individual ticket live sales, inventory reconciliation is now underway. We are actively seeking additional individual tickets from the Sochi 2014 Organizing Committee to help better meet the strong demand already expressed and prepare for the next release of individual tickets (exact date and time to be announced).

25. tut88

tut88 Member

For WHO bought already tickets, do you have an idea about Accommodation in Sochi ??
    I've checked booking and in town there is anything, the closest place is a village 70 km from Sochi.
    Any ideas ???
    thanks !

26. SandraMGfan

tut88, read online that hotels bookings in Sochi/Adler will only open in July. I guess we're gonna have to wait...

27. ehdtkqorl123

ehdtkqorl123 New Member

I hope there will be more direct flights from North America (hopefully Toronto) to Sochi in the Olympic season

28. ostile17

ostile17 Active Member

But not if of a different nationality, right?

I spoke to my NOC today, and they said you will need a passport to get your ticket, so you can't buy for a person that is of a different nationality than yours . Mind you, they also said the same about Vancouver, but I know I was able to use tickets bought by kind FSUers of different nationality without any problem.

ETA: I'm trying for two events only Men's Short and Free, which is all I can afford, but both category A. I was in Vancouver with cat B and C and it was a waste of money, and that rink was even much smaller than the Iceberg. I figured since flight and also accomodation will be cheaper for me, as I'll be there for 3, 4 nights tops, I might as well go for the top tickets, although I'm sure they will be lousy too, for the outrageous amount paid!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  29. Eladola

Eladola Active Member

This whole operation is kinda F**ked up, Honestly...

I live in Israel so this was never gonna be easy for me ^_^ , I do plan on going, But there's only one company selling that option here
    and you have to kinda take or leave whatever they're offering, cause no one really gives a s**t about them globally i guess,
    I've been bugging the Olympic comitte for about 6 months on this, And sicnce that company recieved the rights for this i've been bugging
    them, But they have no answers yet ...

Hoping to get to see the 2 competitions for Men and Ladies, I couldn't imagine being able to afford anything else, Seeing the
    events or so spread apart and hotels must be super pricey,
    But i can't see myself too excited to go if the seats that we get here are too far away...

30. ehdtkqorl123

ehdtkqorl123 New Member

I heard (through a rumor) that 70% of tickets are sold to Russian residents, 15% to Japan, and the rest to CoSports.