Anyone else watching VEEP?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by essence_of_soy, Jun 10, 2012.

1. essence_of_soy

essence_of_soy Well-Known Member

I discovered this show quite by accident.

JLD is friggin' hilarious. It's like The Office meets Modern Family, if that makes sense.

Thank you, HBO.

2. KikiSashaFan

KikiSashaFan Well-Known Member

I have every episode to date sitting my my dvr, but I have yet to sit down and actually watch them. As far as I'm concerned JLD can do no wrong, so I'm sure I'll love it.

3. FiveRinger

FiveRinger Well-Known Member

Can I watch this somewhere without having HBO?

4. victoriaheidi

victoriaheidi New Member

I'm watching, but I'm an episode or two behind! I actually like it a lot.

5. gingercrush

gingercrush New Member

No I am not. But those watching Veep are you watching Girls? I love that show.

6. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

I am watching both and like both shows. VEEP makes me wonder if Joe Biden has a lot of free time. I'm sure Dick Cheney kept busy from his hidden location. I love that JLD is not afraid to appear unsympathetic to get laughs. She's fantastic.

7. KHenry14

KHenry14 Well-Known Member

The show is sort of finding it's way, but clearly there's potential here. The good news is that besides JLD, there's an excellent supporting cast. Matt Walsh is outstanding, and Anna Chlumsky is good too. With a little luck, and a little fine tuning, this show could be quite good.

8. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

I'm watching it, mostly for JLD. The problem is, I can't help but compare it to Armando Iannucci's original incarnation of this idea, The Thick of It -- which was sharper, funnier, and more boundary-pushing.

But still, Veep is pretty good, and definitely worth watching. And the big improvement of Veep over The Thick of It IMO was getting rid of the hand-held shaky-cam stuff, which made me seasick.

Tried watching Girls and just couldn't. Couldn't relate, couldn't stop wanting to slap some sense into all of them.