Any "Person of Interest" Fans Here?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by missflick, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Is that a spoiler? It should have spoiler tags if it is.

2. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

Is what a spoiler? That Ingram might be the betrayer? No. If you watch the last episode, it showed a flashback when Ingram was meeting with the government guys. Then it pans to the machine pulling up Ingram's number. Now given the premise of the show, the machine pulled his number because he was either a victim (he's dead in the present day) or he was the perpretrator. It has yet to play out.

3. Wyliefan

No, what missflick said about Finch not being the kid's uncle. (I mean, I know he's not REALLY the kid's uncle, but she sounds like she has knowledge beyond that. Like he's really his father or something.)

4. missflick

missflick New Member

Yeah, I realized that afterwards.

5. missflick

missflick New Member

I don't have any knowledge beyond that, but Nathan called Finch "friend" in a previous episode.

6. Wyliefan

Oh, well, that doesn't mean anything. My best friend's kids call me "auntie" even though I'm not a relative. It's a pretty common thing.

Your wording, with the "buahaha," made me think there was a big secret about Finch actually being the kid's father or something!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  7. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

8. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Glad to read it's going to be back. I like the idea behind the show.

9. Wyliefan

Next week's preview and spoilers have me all tied up in knots already!
    I heard that Finch and Grace won't get together, but I'm hoping SO HARD she at least finds out he's alive. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up, but I want them together so badly. :wuzrobbed

10. dardar1126

dardar1126 Well-Known Member

Glad to see Carrie Preston's (Mrs. Michael Emerson) character back; I'd like to see more of Grace and Harold's relationship (although she thinks he's dead!).

11. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

I am more interested in seeing The Machine and Samaritan go at it. But it would be interesting to see Harold explain himself to Grace. It would be more fun than the scene from True Lies (1994) when Harry has to finally confess to his wife Helen what he actually does for a living. Pay attention to the final scene in this trailer. :lol:
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rlB52x0bTyc

12. Wyliefan

I'm more interested in the human characters. :) But I've heard a lot of people say they're more interested in the sci-fi aspects.

13. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was the only girl in high school bored to tears with romance novels. :lol: But I believe I read every sci-fi/fantasy novel in my local library. :D Too besides, I like Ruth for Finch better. :p

14. Wyliefan

Who's Ruth?

15. dardar1126

Maybe they mean Root.

16. Wyliefan

Oh, right. Root. That woman drives me buggy. I'd love to knock the perma-smirk off her face with a coal shovel.

17. dardar1126

Agreed! The character is insufferable. :slinkaway

18. JJH

JJH Well-Known Member

What?!?! You don't like sociopaths? I loved Amy Acker's portrayal of Fred and Illyria on Angel

19. Wyliefan

Not really, no. Especially when they're smug little one-note sociopaths. :lol: Acker's a good actress, I'll grant you -- I've liked her in other things -- but the writing for her character is some of the worst writing on this show.

Personally, I hope she takes Decima up on their offer. That at least would be different and interesting.

20. ballettmaus

ballettmaus Well-Known Member

Me too! She's annoying the hell out of me. It's one story/character I could so do without!

21. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Hehehehe :lol: And Wyliefan was wondering where all the POI fans had gone. LOL

22. Wyliefan

Yes! My Root loathing brought them out of the woodwork! :D :respec:

23. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

root is like dawn summers. when their original story line ended, they needed to die.

24. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Ahhh, Root! I think I saw Amy on another show I enjoy watching but I need to go and check the episode info for Marvel's Agents of Shield cause I swear it was her on the episode this week as Colson's love interest -- who still believes he's dead. Yeppers, what was her again. Been a busy little bee, she has.

And knock me over the head when I didn't make the connection that Root/Amy was on Angel!!! DUH! :yikes: So I am feeling stupid and perhaps I should :slinkaway

25. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

I enjoy the show. Michael Emerson is just wonderful - loved him in Lost as well. Jim C is so easy on the eyes.
    From an ep awhile ago - Lionel's comment about 'Tall, Dark and Deranged -just fits.
    I sometimes watch a few episodes together, then nothing for a few weeks - get a little confused on to the bad guys in the long running threads. In some way I enjoy the contained episodes - different than normal crime hours.
    Shaw - did not like at first, but she has really grown on me. I think she and Lionel are fun together.
    Bear - my fav!
    Root - not sure if I like her.
    And I miss Carter.

26. Wyliefan

So she's basically playing their version of POI's Grace. Funny. :)

Speaking of Grace, Carrie Preston will live-tweet tonight's POI ep. I've already accused her of breaking my heart, before it even airs. :wuzrobbed

27. ballettmaus

Somehow I'm not as excited for tonight's episode. I was kind of disappointed with how the last one ended. Not to mention, I was confused where they actually were in the end. But I felt not killing the guy wasn't in character for either Reese or Shaw, especially not Shaw. And I'm not a fan of story lines that get drawn out when they could (and should) have ended earlier; don't care much for Root having taken a more active role or all that obsession with the machine. I wish they would have continued more along the lines of how it started.

28. Wyliefan

Trusting and respecting Finch, and honoring his wishes, is totally in character for Reese, though. Now Shaw maybe could have gone the other way -- you're right about that. A couple of months ago, she probably would have shot him.

29. Wyliefan

The bridge scene . . . :wuzrobbed I knew this episode was going to chop my heart up in little bitty pieces, and boy, did it.

30. ballettmaus

True. Though it still seemed like it was all constructed to keep the story line alive and not end it there. Yes, Finch doesn't want people killed but there have been so many bodies already and it just felt irrational that he would want to protect that weasel of a politician over the people he really cares about. (especially since the machine determined he was a threat and Finch knew that as well and also knew (or at least had a pretty good idea) what would happen if they kept him alive. After everything he's done to protect Grace, he kind of decided in that moment to risk hers just to keep a really unpleasant guy alive. So, I suppose, that's something to wonder about.
    Something else to wonder about is why the machine didn't give the task to Root in the first place, since she seems to be getting all sorts of tasks, and is a no-nonsense kind of girl. If the machine wanted that guy dead, then Root would have been the safest bet.
    As I said, I felt it was all a bit forced to keep the story line going.

On a different note, I actually found myself liking Root's character in last night's episode. That was a first.