Any news on Brian Boitano?

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by snoopysnake, Sep 20, 2012.

1. snoopysnake

snoopysnake Well-Known Member

In particular, I am wondering if there will be a Brian Boitano's Skating Spectacular this season. I've been checking on the Disson site but haven't seen anything, nor anything on brianboitano.com. On the latter I did see a tweet that he is about to visit Italy.

There was a nice yahoo.group fan club that disappeared very abruptly about a year or two ago. I never heard why or of anything that replaced it.

Any news on the cooking front about new tv shows, DVDs, or a cookbook?

2. Twizzler

Twizzler Well-Known Member

From what I have heard, there will not be a Brian Boitano Skating Spectacular this year. I'm really bummed- that was probably the only televised skating show I watched :(

3. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Does Brian still have the cooking show on FN?

4. leafygreens

leafygreens Well-Known Member

I saw his show on a few days ago. It was pretty good. He makes a lot of jokes. ("Lutz and lutz of cheese.") He sort of reminds me of Alton Brown. I think it was in the Skating magazine article where Brian says he skates three times a week.

5. Carolla5501

Carolla5501 Well-Known Member

He in no way reminds me of Alton. I am not sure what he reminds me of but I find it a little to "stupid" for my taste. I know he's a smart man, but the stupid "12 year old" jokes on this show are just :(

6. leafygreens

leafygreens Well-Known Member

I'm not talking about the intellectual-ness of Alton vs. Brian, only that they both take the camera and talk into it while telling a joke.

His style may seem awkward because we're not used to seeing him act silly. I think Brian is doing a good job and I liked it.

7. Teenes

Teenes New Member

I'm not keeping close track of Brian, but he's in a number of events this season. Of the shows I know about, he was in Michael Weiss' Ice Champions Live show. He's going to skate in An Evening with Scott Hamilton and Friends (Nov. 3 in Cleveland) and in Pandora Unforgettable Holiday Moments on Ice (Nov. 10 in Phoenix).