1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any news on Brian Boitano?

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by snoopysnake, Sep 20, 2012.

1. snoopysnake

snoopysnake Well-Known Member

In particular, I am wondering if there will be a Brian Boitano's Skating Spectacular this season. I've been checking on the Disson site but haven't seen anything, nor anything on brianboitano.com. On the latter I did see a tweet that he is about to visit Italy.

There was a nice yahoo.group fan club that disappeared very abruptly about a year or two ago. I never heard why or of anything that replaced it.

Any news on the cooking front about new tv shows, DVDs, or a cookbook?

2. Twizzler

Twizzler Well-Known Member

From what I have heard, there will not be a Brian Boitano Skating Spectacular this year. I'm really bummed- that was probably the only televised skating show I watched :(

3. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Does Brian still have the cooking show on FN?

4. leafygreens

leafygreens Well-Known Member

I saw his show on a few days ago. It was pretty good. He makes a lot of jokes. ("Lutz and lutz of cheese.") He sort of reminds me of Alton Brown. I think it was in the Skating magazine article where Brian says he skates three times a week.

5. Carolla5501

Carolla5501 Well-Known Member

He in no way reminds me of Alton. I am not sure what he reminds me of but I find it a little to "stupid" for my taste. I know he's a smart man, but the stupid "12 year old" jokes on this show are just :(

6. leafygreens

leafygreens Well-Known Member

I'm not talking about the intellectual-ness of Alton vs. Brian, only that they both take the camera and talk into it while telling a joke.

His style may seem awkward because we're not used to seeing him act silly. I think Brian is doing a good job and I liked it.

7. Teenes

Teenes Active Member

I'm not keeping close track of Brian, but he's in a number of events this season. Of the shows I know about, he was in Michael Weiss' Ice Champions Live show. He's going to skate in An Evening with Scott Hamilton and Friends (Nov. 3 in Cleveland) and in Pandora Unforgettable Holiday Moments on Ice (Nov. 10 in Phoenix).