Any news on Alissa Czisny?

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by joemauerlover, Oct 29, 2012.

1. FSfan107

FSfan107 Well-Known Member

Get well Alissa! My prayers go out to her for a full recovery! The first part of her program was so lovely.

2. giselle23

giselle23 Active Member

So beautiful! My heart breaks for her.

3. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

:wuzrobbed Alissa

This lovely young woman cannot seem to ever catch a break. I hate that she is experiencing physical and emotional pain as a result of all these injuries over the past year. She seems like such a beautiful person, inside and out. Everyone who knows her or has met her only seems to have wonderful things to say about her. It's so unfortunate! I wish her a fast recovery process from this injury and I truly hope she is able to return to the ice, have skates she is proud of, and leave on her own terms. She's a 2-time US Champion and a GPF Champion, which are definitely feats to be proud of. Her health has to be her priority right now. Get well very soon, Alissa!

4. centerpt1

centerpt1 Active Member

Heartbreaking. Such beautiful skating. I hope she is able to skate again-even if just in shows.

The number of injuries this year is very disturbing.

5. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

Is she definitely out of Nationals?

6. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

Thank you for the update. Best wishes to Alissa in this difficult time.

:respec: Alissa!

7. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, yes since she just had surgery for a dislocated hip like 5Ali3 posted earlier. I hope this doesn't turn out to be career-ending, but for now a full recovery outside of skating must be a top priority.

eta: With all this talk of rushing back too soon after hip surgery, I hope D/C don't try and get back to Worlds at all cost this season. Getting injured in the middle of a program makes the whole situation even more :fragile:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  8. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

How sad for Alissa!
    Wishing her a complete and speedy recovery.

9. demetriosj

demetriosj Well-Known Member

So sad that she is abusing her body for figure skating. I don't understand the rush to get her back on the ice.

10. Nikki Lee

Nikki Lee Active Member

It's possible she fell BECAUSE her hip dislocated when she landed. Can't imagine what a shock for her.

11. chipso1

chipso1 Well-Known Member

If she did indeed dislocate her hip, then it's a separate injury from what she had surgery on last summer (a torn labrum). But, your concern is evident. :rolleyes:

12. demetriosj

demetriosj Well-Known Member

and you say I'm obnoxious...injuries are injuries, even if unrelated to each other...is it worth it for her to continue to damage her hip?

13. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

If injuries are unrelated, then she was not risking anything beyond what every skater risks when he or she steps on the ice. There's a different between a calculated risk - e.g. skating a program you know you are capable given your health - and taking an unreasonable risk. Unless Czisny was diagnosed with something we are unaware of, it doesn't seem to me as though she took an unreasonable risk. The correct response is thus "best wishes for a speedy recovery", not "she's abusing her body for figure skating" (and really, all skaters and most athletes demand a lot from their bodies in order to achieve and sustain success).

14. chipso1

chipso1 Well-Known Member

Exactly. Thank you!

If the shoe fits.

ETA:
    A spectator at the event posted this on the USFS Facebook status regarding Alissa's injury:

15. Miriam246

Miriam246 New Member

This is devastating news. I hope she can keep her spirits up and eventually return to skating (if her body allows it). This is TOO SAD!!!!

16. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE news. This must be so very discouraging for her. I hope that the surgery was 100% successful and she'll recover completely. I love her smooth skating and beautiful spins, and I do hope she is able to come back at least for show skating. (I know I'd be paranoid, but I'm a low-level skater who's broken ankles 3 times while skating, so I think it's just that I have really crappy ankles; regardless, the fear can be quite a hurdle to surmount.)

17. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

Was it a simple or complicated dislocation (torn nerves, etc)? If simple she could possibly be ok for nationals although she might not want to take the risk. Dislocations often do end careers, because the range of motion is adversely affected. This is especially true for ball players with shoulder dislocations.

18. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

Was all of the music "Gone with the Wind"? I really didn't recognize the first half as GWTW. Still perplexed as to why she was secretive about it. I thought maybe it was some piece of music a well known composer had written especially for her.

19. taf2002

taf2002 Texas slumlord

Will it damage her hip? Are you her doctor that you know exactly what her condition is? Or is it that she's a threat to your fav?

20. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

You said it...but I agree with you :)

21. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

This is really sad. I wish (((Alissa))) the best and hope she has a complete recovery.

22. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

The speculation about Alissa's injury/motivation by the "FSU Critic's Circle" is inappropriate, IMO.
    When/if Alissa speaks, there might be reason to comment. Otherwise, not.

23. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

This.

24. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

25. centerstage01

centerstage01 Well-Known Member

:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed Poor Alissa! This is heartbreaking! I hope she knows how many people are thinking of her and hoping for a quick recovery.

26. skatemommy

skatemommy Well-Known Member

This is so sad. Prayer to recover quickly. I think triple jumps are so hard on the body.

27. Jem X

Jem X Skate America arrives!

Well I hope Alissa recovers enough so that she is able to walk without difficulty. Also recovers enough so that she doesn't have debilitating osteoarthritis when she's in her 30's/40's.

28. lulu

lulu New Member

THIS :respec:
    Wishing Alissa the best and for a full & speedy recovery.

29. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

So sad! Wishing Alissa a speedy recovery...how unfortunate, and I really liked the new FS too, and her jumps looked good! I remember her sister Amber had to stop skating because of concurrent injuries, and that was back when they were teenagers, you wonder if she's just not built for the sport despite her obvious aptitude for it. I always wonder about athletes that are always getting injured. She does look quite fragile.

30. victoriaheidi

victoriaheidi New Member

So sad right now! :( ((((((((Alissa)))))))) She's been through so much these last few years. I feel for her. :(

I read something upthread about sending Alissa postcards from her FSU fans. I'm totally onboard. Maybe we could make it organized in some way? I'd love nothing more than to imagine Alissa getting loads of fanmail from FSUers. :)

PS: That program had the makings of a truly stunning LP and I'm sorry that we may never get to see the full thing. Alissa's just so beautiful on the ice...I'm so sad that all this stuff keeps dragging her down. Thanks for the vids, guys.