Any news on Alissa Czisny?

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by joemauerlover, Oct 29, 2012.

1. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

Very sad to hear about Alissa's injury. The video is blocked for me but what music was she using for her LP?

2. RD

RD Well-Known Member

I guess it depends on exactly what she injured this time around. If it's a re-injury of her hip area, the same hip that was operated on, perhaps she rushed the recovery just a tad too much. If it's something different and unrelated to that hip, then that would really be unfortunate for her.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  3. LKR

LKR Active Member

I believe someone said that it was Gone with the Wind?

4. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

What a tragedy right here. Just awful to hear after she had already worked so hard in coming back....very, very sad. I was so looking forward to her return at Nationals.

5. jessiesk8r

jessiesk8r New Member

PeterG, ioana, Erin and 3 others like this.
  6. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Don't apologize, jessiesk8r, thanks for posting it. What a beautiful program.....:(

7. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

Wow, she was really having a great skate there:( Beautiful is the word for that program. Thanks jessiesk8r!

8. 5Ali3

5Ali3 Active Member

Yes.

Unfortunately, Czisny dislocated her hip as others have reported. She's out of surgery and doing well. The long-term prognosis depends on a number of factors that aren't clear yet, such as whether any nerve damage sustained is temporary or permanent. It's unlikely that this injury is related to the surgery to repair the labral tear, but possible that she has a source of hip instability, either congenital or acquired, that predisposed her to both injuries.

LynnW, GarrAarghHrumph, Kasey and 5 others like this.
  9. lala

lala Well-Known Member

OMG! This is a very sad news! I missing her so much!!!

10. floskate

floskate Vacant

I'm so sorry this had to happen to her. :( She just seems like the nicest girl to ever take the ice and it really does upset me when bad stuff happens to her. Glad to know she's had immediate surgery and is doing well. I just hope that she is able to function pain-free on the other side of this. :( Get well soon Alissa.

Sparks and (deleted member) like this.
  11. rosewood

rosewood Well-Known Member

OMG OMG OMG (((Alissa)))

12. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

hope she recovers well and enough to skate again! Maybe not competitively but do occasional skating.

13. jiggs

jiggs Well-Known Member

Oh nooooooooooooooooo!!! She was doing so well and looked gorgeous out there. (((((Alissa))))) How sad must it be for her to just regain her form and love for skating and then this :( I hope she recovers well and fast.

I can't help but notice how many injuries there have been recently. It's so sad.

14. pani

pani Well-Known Member

O, no :wuzrobbed The begining of LP look so good.
    I am so sad - this girls alwayse show real woman skating with such amazing spins.
    Wish to her speed recover. Get well soon, Alissa! :)

15. os168

os168 Active Member

Oh ((((Alissa)))))

... so soooorrry this happened. Please please recuperate well, stay strong!

16. RunnersHigh

RunnersHigh Well-Known Member

Oh My God! ((((((Alissa))))))
    So sad. Hope your quick recovery.

17. maureenfarone

maureenfarone Well-Known Member

Big thanks to Jessiesk8r for posting the first part of Alissa's FS. Believe me I wasn't interested in seeing her fall and the aftermath, but the first part was lovely.

I wish her a complete recovery. Who knows if competitive skating is in her future, but I hope she is able to recover and live without pain.

I wonder if some of her fans here at FSU could send old fashioned "snail mail" cards to Detroit Skating Club for her. Maybe that would be some small comfort to Alissa and a show of support.

Anyone think this is a good idea? I really just wish we could all give her a hug!

18. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

Terrible news! ^ yes,, I think this is a good idea!

19. loulou

loulou Well-Known Member

I opened this thread in its last page (this one, as for now) and it seems really bad - I've just read about Korpi, sigh.

20. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

Get well soon Alissa. I have no words.:(

21. gingercrush

gingercrush New Member

Wow pretty shocking. And sorry what happened to Korpi?

22. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the video. Lovely skated program!

23. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Thanks for the update. I for one am not going down the path to Mount Doom, and will hope for a full recovery and that she may yet get to skate those programs competitively next season. She's one tough cookie.

24. modern_muslimah

modern_muslimah Thinking of witty user title and coming up blank

Aww, this is so sad. :( Her SP was so encouraging and it was great to see her back in form. For this injury to happen is horrible. Wishing her a successful and speedy recovery.

25. lala

lala Well-Known Member

Thank you!! She was so beautiful, and maybe she seemed more confident in jumps. Really sad...

26. brilliant9

brilliant9 Member

OMG :fragile::wuzrobbed (((((Alissa)))))

27. Wiery

Wiery Well-Known Member

Gutted for Alissa. :wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed :fragile:

I wish her a speedy recovery.

28. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

What a heartbreak for Alissa.
    One truly cannot anticipate what happens. Maybe Alissa rushed recovery, but then again, maybe she did not; maybe doctors gave her OK; maybe she overcompensated after surgery, maybe, maybe... At the end, it comes down to however much hard impact a body can take, and nobody can know in advance. And accidents happen.
    She's a beautiful, beautiful skater. Wishing her courage and serenity.

29. leafygreens

leafygreens Well-Known Member

I read the recovery time for hip dislocation is 2-3 months :( I really hope this is not what she has. But being carried off on a stretcher is not a good sign. This is so sad that Alissa put in all the blood sweat tears for recovery, only to have it taken way by one fluke fall. Falling that hard on your hip is never fun, especially on an area that still has scar tissue. I was hoping it was just a bruise and she was in shock. I guess we'll see. I kind of agree that she should have not rushed recovery, but she would have a hard time making the Oly team next year if she did not try. Regardless she has 2 national titles and everyone loves her.

30. pat c

pat c Well-Known Member

I hope she has a speedy recovery with no lasting effect. I wish her all the best and hope to see her on the ice again for Sochi. If not, healthy is good too. :)