Any news on Alissa Czisny?

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by joemauerlover, Oct 29, 2012.

1. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

Oh say it isn't so!!

2. RD

RD Well-Known Member

This has to be her worst nightmare right here. A re-injury in the process of getting back to form recovering from another injury. Especially at her age, and with Sochi getting closer and closer, there isn't going to be much time left. A shame, nonetheless.

I think this might be the end of her career right here, sorry to say.

3. AJ Skatefan

AJ Skatefan Well-Known Member

This sucks.

4. falling_dance

falling_dance D. Murakami's Newest Fan

It does.

5. Visaliakid

Visaliakid Well-Known Member

6. leigh466

leigh466 Active Member

Did they have to get a stretcher?

7. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

I wonder why she didn't just take the rest of the season off? She had major surgery and really didn't have much to gain skating the rest of the season.

8. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

What I saw in the video was just that, she went down, and never got up.

9. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

:wuzrobbed

10. DimaToe

DimaToe Well-Known Member

:wuzrobbed Poor Alissa, I REALLY REALLY hope it's just a bruised hip, like the injury Ashley got at the GPF. But given what Alissa was already recovering from, I can't help but be a pessimist and think that this new injury just ended her season. Please be alright Alissa :(

11. Polymer Bob

Polymer Bob New Member

Darn it. Hope she is OK. :(

12. maureenfarone

maureenfarone Well-Known Member

Wow, so sad for Alissa. Hope it isn't as bad as it seems. When I clicked on the video links in the posts above, I got a "this video is private" message.

13. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

Ya, it seems they are deleted already, not a good sign IMO. Tragic.

14. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

I didn't watch, but feel sick to my tummy. Get better soon!

15. 4rkidz

4rkidz plotting, planning and travelling

oh dear - I know its six months usual for torn labrum surgery - and often career ending.. hope she is okay :( she does take awkward falls that must take their toll.. not a natural jumper at all - hopefully she can get through this.. she is one skater I would seriously enjoy just watching without the triple jumps.. has so many other qualities..

16. yunasashafan

yunasashafan Member

I did not watch either, and I don't know if I could. Heartbreaking.... :wideeyes:

I just hope she's ok and this is not career-ending. I want her to say goodbye on her terms

:wuzrobbed

17. smileyskate

smileyskate New Member

Why was the vid taken down? Don't get it.
    I was glad it was posted & did see the part at 3:15 but couldn't watch after that. Was she helped off after that or did she try to skate off the ice herself?

18. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Ugh, I just watched the video of an earlier SP skate and was so happy to see her back on the ice and doing well. How sad. Best wishes for Alissa.

19. peibeck

peibeck Letting Poje be on top

The poster removed the video. Personally, I don't think that is a bad choice. We've heard what happened, I don't think we necessarily all need to watch it.

20. tlk

tlk Active Member

So sad to read of Alissa's injury. Best wishes to her for a speedy and complete recovery!

21. 4rkidz

4rkidz plotting, planning and travelling

I'm glad they took it down too.. she was obviously ready to head to nationals based on the short program and the practices so she must have worked so hard to be at this level so quickly.. my daughter's friend had the same surgery after she was in the Olympics (speed skating) and it was tough to just get her level of fitness and back in the same condition prior to the injury.. so when I saw the short program from yesterday I was so impressed. Hopefully its all precautionary and she can recover.. even if not for Nationals but for the Olympic season..

22. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

According to a poster on Facebook, she was taken off by stretcher

23. giselle23

giselle23 Active Member

So sad! I just watched her short program. She is such a lovely skater. I hope she can come back, if not for Nationals, for next season.

24. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Oh god anyone but Recycloueva.:scream:

Well that's not important now though.

That SP was gorgeous. Yes, she could use more speed but her edges are smooth and she was very light over the ice. For somebody just coming back after a very serious injury, that performance was fantastic and exuded confidence.

Even though I realised how unlikely that was, I really wanted her to get back to form and qualify for the Olympics.

But I suspect that this is a career-ending injury.

I do wish she'd have taken it easier and didn't force herself to get her jumps back so far but she must have realised that USFS is not going to give her any more favours after her latest Worlds outing so she probably wanted to prove she was still a contender. Too soon maybe?

:(

25. jessiesk8r

jessiesk8r New Member

Alissa's long program warm up and the first half of her program were gorgeous. To me, she seemed to have more confidence in her skating (more power than previously) and in her jumps (especially on warm up -- they were bigger and the landings were more precise) than she did even before the injury. She did fall on the triple flip just after the halfway point of her program and did not get up. She was assisted while down on the ice by a few physicians who were at the rink already and taken off the ice by the EMTs. Word around the rink was that it sounded like a dislocated hip, but from US Figure Skating's tweets it seems we'll wait for official confirmation.

The entire situation was absolutely heartbreaking. There were a lot of teary eyes in the rink just knowing how hard she must have worked to get back to this point and not knowing now what the future will hold for her. She was extremely gracious this weekend with all of the photos and autographs she provided. Even as she was taken off the ice on the stretcher with the entire arena clapping for her in encouragement, a group of skaters in the stands yelled "We love you Alissa!," she turned and gave them a small wave. I wish her all the best.

26. NadineWhite

NadineWhite Well-Known Member

Copying & Pasting what I posted over in the US Ladies Trash Can Thread:

" So sorry to hear about Alissa. :( *tears*

And the hip dislocation sounds horrific!

Honestly wishing her all the best; there's still next year, and she still has a chance to make the Team. In fact if we get 3 spots for next year my wish would be for Alissa to get that much coveted 3rd spot, just because her dream is to go to the Olympics, and she's been through so much, this will literally be her last shot."

:kickass:GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ALISSA!!!!!:kickass:

On the (+) side, Alissa will never have to worry about getting a gig with a professional show or tour and earning a living off her lovely skating. She's already a 2-time National Champion (something even Sarah Hughes doesn't have) and a GPF Champion. She's earned those excellent results through blood/sweat/tears, and should be snapped up by a show/tour pronto. Jmho. Still, I truly hope she does make a miraculous comeback to nab that 3rd spot (crossing my fingers & toes we DO get that 3rd spot)...

27. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

Oh, nooooooooooooooooooooo.

28. semogal

semogal Well-Known Member

I am heartbroken. Alissa is such a beautiful skater and I was really looking forward to seeing her continue her comeback at Nationals. Sending prayers her way for a full recovery.

29. minmin

minmin New Member

OMG...
    Hoping for a quick recovery to her.

30. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Thank you for sharing. It must have been terrible to witness in person and you've painted a vivid picture with these words.