Any news on Alissa Czisny?

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by joemauerlover, Oct 29, 2012.

1. joemauerlover

joemauerlover New Member

Is she still going to skate at the NHK Trophy? Hope she can come back from her disapointing performance at worlds last year.

Thanks,

Kristin

2. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

She was in attendance at part of Skate Canada in Windsor and told someone who spoke to her that she would be at the NHK. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

3. RD

RD Well-Known Member

hmm, I wonder what she was doing there....(was she simply a spectator?)

4. fsfan22

fsfan22 New Member

I wasn't there, but I would assume so. She trains 30 minutes away in Detroit, so she was probably there to watch and see her skating pals. She trains with some of the skaters who were competing ... Elladj Balde, for example. Plus both the Japanese ladies and some of the dance teams have been training alongside her as well (Pascal Camerlengo coaches/choreographs for several skaters)

5. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

detroit is just a stone´s throw away of windsor.
    her coaches were there, so why shouldn´t she?

6. UMBS Go Blue

UMBS Go Blue KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!

Literally a stone's throw away, as in directly across a river via bridge or tunnel.

Also a quick drive from the suburbs where Detroit SC is:
    http://goo.gl/maps/DcCmC

That drive is nothing compared to what she used to face when she lived and studied back home in the Bowling Green/Toledo, Ohio area.

If an international competition is in town, and her coach/skater friends were there competing, then I'd be more surprised to hear that she wasn't there watching (either cheering on her friends, or sizing up the competition).

7. leafygreens

leafygreens Well-Known Member

8. Sylvia

Sylvia Bring on the JGP & Sr B comps!

9. MarciajsR

MarciajsR Member

Alissa is skating at the Fox Valley Invitational in Appleton Wisconsin this Friday (short) and Sat (long). This is her nationals warmup. Only one other senior skater.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  10. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

That was a very nice interview on icenetwork. Loved her confidence and how she put her feelings out there about her struggles. What a classy lady. I still remember being at 4CC in 2012, sitting quietly at the top of the section I was in and all of a sudden Alissa silently came and sat down in the seats in front of me to watch some skating. I was stunned at how lovely she was in person and I was just too intimidated at the time to bother her even though she smiled at me in such a sweet way. After the skating was over, two young ones came up to her for autographs and she was so sweet to them. I haven't had the chance to go to live skating events as often as I would like to and every time it amazes me seeing the skaters in person. They are like celebrities to me even though I know most are approachable and appreciative of fan support. Even though I didn't talk to her, I love the memory of seeing Alissa up close and remembering her lovely smile. I wish her all the best in the coming months and hope she can find her redemption. Good luck, Alissa!

11. leapfrogonice

leapfrogonice Active Member

Alissa is the embodiment of the REALITY of what so many skaters experience in careers. Ups. Downs. Recovery. Relapse. Life is a journey, and I route the journeymen/persons.
    All the best to the sportspeople with passion and commitment.

12. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

argh! and me out of town! I hope she has two great skates :)

13. leafygreens

leafygreens Well-Known Member

So glad to hear she will be competing. And doing a warmup competition. This is what skaters should be doing, not just showing up at nationals or worlds (memories of Sasha). Very smart.

14. arakwafan2006

arakwafan2006 Active Member

Last i saw of her she was great. You've never met a more sincere gracious woman. I would urge you all to watch some of your favorite skaters live if you can. I can pretty much guarantee, that when they have a bad day you wont be tough on them. THEY WORK SO HARD! Their families sacrifice so much. I wish the best for her.

skateboy and (deleted member) like this.
  15. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

Even if she doesn't make Worlds / 4CCs this season, I still wish she would skate decently for herself. She is such a lovely skater - but one that is probably not meant to be competitive on the elite level and can probably best highlight her strengths in show skating.

16. Kelvster

Kelvster Well-Known Member

beautifully put!

i really want her to make the olympics though :( she missed her chances in 2006 and 2010 already :(

17. apatinar

apatinar New Member

To see a repeat of Bobek 1998 Nagano??? No thanks!

Louis and (deleted member) like this.
  18. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

:encore:

19. luckiest1

luckiest1 Well-Known Member

I look forward to seeing her on TV at the US Natls and sincerely hope she will be at Worlds. She is a lovely skater.

20. arakwafan2006

arakwafan2006 Active Member

I am just so shocked at how it does not look like she's been away.

21. snoopysnake

snoopysnake Well-Known Member

I think she can "have a Wylie" at the Olympics.

22. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

This is sooo true! You want to root for even the lowest-ranked skater because everything looks so hard live!

My mom volunteered at Nationals with me last year and got to see most of the skaters, even if she didn't recognize any of them. But she adopted Alissa, who she called "my pretty girl" because of how mature, gracious, humble (and yes, pretty :lol: ) she was off-ice. :)

23. jessiesk8r

jessiesk8r New Member

Alissa's short program from the competition this weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBUWG7G0bk4&feature=youtu.be

She landed a gorgeous triple lutz, double toe combination in the warm-up but had some trouble with the landing of the triple lutz in the actual program. Other than that, she skated a clean program and was gorgeous as usual!

Doggygirl, Sylvia, MR-FAN and 3 others like this.
  24. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

This is very impressive, especially after her injuries! Didn't she have actual hip surgery? If so, other skaters have not come back from that (Kwan, Lipinski). Good for her and hope she kicks ass this season. No one moves like her and she's still the best spinner in the world.

25. MR-FAN

MR-FAN Kostner Softie

Thanks for the link! Cannot believe she was able to comeback so soon after being off the ice for months!!

Secretly hoping she's not also keeping last season's LP. I know she probably has very little time to get a new program, but she deserves a better program

26. Sylvia

Sylvia Bring on the JGP & Sr B comps!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  27. MR-FAN

MR-FAN Kostner Softie

WHEEEE!!!!!

28. rosewood

rosewood Wheeee! Wonder babies!

WOW Thank you for posting the video, jessiesk8r. It's so impressive to see Alissa's good skating. I do hope she keeps her tealth and posts beautirul performances at Nats. As for the program, I love her La Vie en rose and even more after her injury and recovery. GO Alissa :cheer:

29. jiggs

jiggs Well-Known Member

Thank you for the videos everyone! So nice to see Alissa skate again!
    After having surgery and being away from the ice for so long, this was really not that bad! She doesn't seem to stalk her jumps as much as last season anymore and her loop and axel looked pretty good. I love the flow of her skating, she is like a feather.

Here is hoping she has a good showing at Nationals. She really deserves it!

30. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

What kind of score did she get? There is a calmness, serenity about her skating, in spite of what many seem to think is going on in her head. That is a feat in itself. I am relived. .