Any news about Joanie Rochette competing again?

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by bbkenn, Jun 22, 2011.

1. bbkenn

bbkenn Well-Known Member

I really miss her. Does anyone know if she has formally retired, or if she's coming back?
  2. victoriajh

victoriajh Well-Known Member

i wish she was too = but I am kinda thinking not.....
  3. Sylvia

Sylvia Whee, summer club comps!

4. Bailey_

Bailey_ Guest

I'm going to see her speak tomorrow at a Heart and Stroke Fundraiser. So excited!!
  5. Willowway

Willowway Well-Known Member

At least for 2012 - aren't Canadian Nationals at the same time she's scheduled to do a Disson show taping near Seattle? That taping is the evening of Jan. 10, 2012, rehearsal the two days before.
  6. TheIronLady

TheIronLady New Member

Is she giving a speech?
  7. Fannie

Fannie New Member

She did a few interviews in French during spring... Often, I read that she won't come back to competition until season 2013/2014 for the Olympics.

Then, I just read one where she said that she doesn't know what the future has for her and if she'll be at the 2014 Olys.
    http://fr.canoe.ca/sports/nouvelles/archives/2011/06/20110617-170913.html
    Although, one thing is sure, according to this article : she won't do the Grand Prix this fall.
  8. Bailey_

Bailey_ Guest

Yup - I'm excited to hear what she says...
  9. TheIronLady

TheIronLady New Member

Yeah, it should be interesting for the audience. I am sure she could inspire me to donate to this cause...
  10. shutterbug

shutterbug Well-Known Member

Joannie was interviewed on one of our local radio shows this morning. Lovely interview, quite poignant at times. She spoke a bit about her future plans, and genuinely sounded like she hadn’t made a decision about competing in Sochi. She also mentioned that she would be performing her competitive SP from the Olympics at an upcoming show. A podcast of the show will be available here: Hot 103 Live Podcasts There may also be a video of the interview posted on the Hot 103 website or on their Facebook page.
  11. Bailey_

Bailey_ Guest

I met Joannie Rochette today and I have a picture with her to remember the day!!

Joannie did a lovely job today. Her speech was very sweet and then there was a question and answer period. The questions were good and her answers were throughtful, personal, and humorous. However, for those who follow her career, most of the information shared has been shared with other media sources.

Still, it was a big lunch and her dress was absolutely beautiful!! Such a sweetheart...

There were various media present - I'm sure there will be more links and information to come...