Any MAW wish granters out there?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by restful urchin, Jan 3, 2011.

1. restful urchin

restful urchin New Member

Hello all,
    I go to my wish granting training session January 22 for Make a Wish Kids. Anyone everdone this and can give me a heads up on what to expect?
    I know a fair amount. Any child deemed by his or her md to have been ill enough or is still ill can have a wish granted.(something like that) The wish people go to great lengths to make sure this is the childs wish and not the parents. Walt Disney World is a big one. As a Wish granter I'll act as go between for the family and orginization and will also keep the kiddo excited and ramped up about the impending trip.
    That however is all I know.

Any one else????
    I do know that this is a good thing.

Liz
  2. restful urchin

Hmmmmm, doesn't seem to be alot of wish granters on FSU.:shuffle: I think after I take my seminar on what to do in a couple weeks I'll report back on what it really is all about.;)

Liz:lol:
  3. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

I haven't personally done it, but my ex-boss and her friend did something like this, though I am not sure if it was with MAW. They purchased a backyard playground set for the wisher - a little boy with Down Syndrome (as well as some severe heart problems stemming from the illness). The day they brought in the playground was really special for both the granters, the parents and the little boy, obviously. The mom made an adorable thank you video for my boss, and as far as I know, they all still keep somewhat in touch. I know that she really enjoyed and appreciated being a part of it all.

I hope that helps!
  4. skateycat

skateycat Minecraft Widow

I have gotten the answers on many far-flung topics here at FSU, but you seem to have found a blank spot in our collective expertise!

:)
  5. restful urchin

LOL Like I said, I'll make it my mission to enlighten you all.

wow the green dots are growing under my name thingy! (got to love my technical inexpertise!)