Any Make It or Break It Fans?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Graceful05, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Graceful05

Graceful05 New Member

I know some of you all are fans because we talked about it last summer :) I saw a commercial saying the new season starts in January so thought I'd share that news in hopes that someone else will share their excitement with me. It was one of my favorite new shows of the summer and I wanna see what happens now that we know who's going to the Olympics(esp with Payson!)

2. Bonita

Bonita Active Member

I adore that show. I only caught some of it in reruns. I finally got a DVR and will put it on my record list because I'm terrible at remembering shows are on. I love it and loved gymnastics way before I was a skating fan even.

3. Graceful05

Graceful05 New Member

Yeah! I'm a big gymnastics fan too so that's the main reason I started watching. But then I actually got sucked into the storylines too. I usually watch eps I've missed on ABCFamily.com but I also DVR it if I want to see it right away :) Set it for Jan 4th - that's when it premieres!

4. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I was watching a dopey tv Christmas movie (Christmas in Paradise) as I was wrapping gifts and doing chores today, and I kept trying to think of where I had seen the girl playing the older daughter before - until I realized it was the actress who plays Kaylie Cruz.

5. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

I love Make it or Break it, I've been catching up on episodes I've missed on FIOS on demand. Season one will be released on dvd in January or you can download them off of I-Tunes

Make it or Break it on twitter

http://twitter.com/ABCFmiobi

6. Graceful05

Graceful05 New Member

Oh, thanks for the Twitter link!

Have any of you guys seen the sneak peeks yet? They're over on ABC family and Facebook....Poor Payson :( And I guess the girls have to deal with Kaylie having all the fame and glory now - definitely has some potential for drama!

7. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Looks like Kaylie is going to turn into another Kelly.

8. Graceful05

Graceful05 New Member

Eesh, I hope not - I really liked Kaylie! Speaking of, since they're all on the national team together, Kelly will have to train with them now, right? I wonder how THAT will turn out....

9. Graceful05

Graceful05 New Member

Less than a week away until the premiere!

Is anybody on Facebook? Have you tried their New Year's Generator yet - it's supposed to give you your new years resolution based on your profile and then your FB friends can vote if you can "make" or "break" your resolution - ha, get it? I tried generating mine but it wasn't working so I'm going to have to try it again!

10. bbtano

bbtano New Member

I just watched the first season online at hulu last week. (I saw the previews for the new season and thought I should probably watch Season 1 first.) I enjoyed it and look forward to seeing some more in January.

11. 4rkidz

4rkidz GPF Barcelona here I come

I watched the first season online and really enjoyed it.. as it wasn't available on our t.v. I didn't realize the second season was starting - hopefully I can find it on a t.v. station or online again?? What station is showing it??

12. Graceful05

Graceful05 New Member

It's on ABC Family on Mondays at 9. Online, you can watch it on ABCFamily.com - they usually have eps up there pretty fast. I think you can re-watch episodes from last season on there now too....

13. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

I was able to catch up on some of the episodes I missed because they are available on FIOS on demand. I-Tunes is selling the entire series but I am going to wait until the dvd comes out in two weeks.

14. 4rkidz

only in the U.S. ... guess I will have to wait again for kind viewers to post on youtube for the next season

15. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I just watched the whole 1st season on hulu last night and tonight. I'm hooked :D I'm hoping the eps will go right to hulu after they air in January, as I don't have cable.

I'm torn between Leo and Damon for Emily. Heck, I even liked Razor! Emily has chemistry with everyone.

I think my favorite moment in the whole season was in episode 2 or 3 when Payson and Emily scared off the band of 5-6 would-be thugs at the gas station by doing a bunch of handsprings in their general direction. SKARY!!! :rofl:

16. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

If it was up to me, I would pick Damon for Emily, especially after he made it possible for Brian to attend Nats.

17. ISk8OldSchool

ISk8OldSchool New Member

I totally forgot what this show was about until I saw promos on ABCFamily for the 2nd season. Now I'm DVR-ing it while I watch Intervention! ;)

18. Graceful05

Graceful05 New Member

I'm SO excited for tonight!!! I feel like I've been waiting forever for the new season, hehe.

Damon really grew on me last season - he was always there for Emily. But before him, I was totally onboard for an Emily-Razor hook-up - he was like in love with her the first time he saw her! Plus Damon's in LA doing his music thing...so who knows?

19. genevieve

I hope tonight's ep is on hulu tomorrow! I picked a good time to get hooked :D

20. 4rkidz

i hope someone puts it on youtube for those of us outside of USA - as hulu doesn't work for us..

21. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

What is up with Lauren and what were her reasons for taking Payson's cortisone from the locker?

22. Stormy

Stormy Well-Known Member

Lauren didn't want the cortisone herself. She wanted to catch Nicky in the act of taking it since she knows he got it illegally. She's going to blackmail him for something down the road.

23. Stormy

Stormy Well-Known Member

It's on ABCFamily's website already. Had to catch the first half online since I got home from skating later than I planned last night.

24. ross_hy

ross_hy Active Member

I'm still wondering how they're going to kepp Payson in the narrative. I'm still on waiting on some sort of miraculous comeback, but outside of that, I'm wondering if they're going to make her a coach/assistant at the gym.

25. Stormy

Stormy Well-Known Member

That's where I think they're going with it. I read an interview with I think Chelsea Hobbs (Emily) that says Payson will be around, but in a different capacity.

26. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

I read a spoiler on another board about what will happen with Payson but I don't want to post it since it is a spoiler. If anyone wants to know, you are welcomed to pm me.

27. genevieve

definitely a catch-up episode, but :cheer: for the show being back!

I was hoping we would learn what happened to Emily's brother when Payson's mom stuck her foot in her mouth. That's what I love about the show - so much of it is completely unrealistic, but then the characters manage to make some of the cheesiest lines come off as totally authentic. and while I'm curious about Emily's brother in a way I think it's cool they have a character in a wheelchair who's so peripheral we know nothing about him and may never learn.

Love that Summer is sticking around even though she's through with Lauren's dad.

And unless Becca completely changes character and suddenly becomes a star gymnast I would expect Payson to stay somehow in the story, because her whole family is pretty central to the show. I like Payson a lot but I would really really miss her parents if they left the Rock.

Razor's back! dun dun dun!!

28. Hannahclear

Hannahclear Well-Known Member

Has it struck anyone that, even though the acting in MIOBI isn't anything special, all those girls are Oscar-worthy when compared to the dreck that passes for acting in Secret Life? What a stupid show. And I like cheesy shows! I tried to make it through the season premiere on Monday, but it was just so dumb.

29. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

I've been watching all the old episodes from season one and now I have a question to put to everyone.

In the first episode, Lauren, Payson and Kaylie are all talking about how this is their last nationals. The thought came to me, why? IF the Olympics are in 2012, why would the 2009 Nationals be their last before the Olympics?

30. libby

libby New Member

I have noticed that they always talk about the Olympics as if it is coming up soon, and not in several years. Perhaps the show is not really supposed to be set in "real time" - it wouldn't really make sense if the show is still on the air in 2012 and these are supposed to be the top US gymnasts competing for a spot on the Olympic team, since everyone would know who is actually on the Olympic team. So I think we are just supposed to view the show as not happening in a specific time, but just think of it as if it is a time when these are the best US gymnasts heading for the Olympics.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010