Any FSUers in Stockholm? And any ideas for the city?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Andrey aka Pushkin, May 21, 2012.

1. Andrey aka Pushkin

Andrey aka Pushkin Brezina's Nemesis

Hola :)
    Myself and TAHbKA go to Stockholm in the end of the month for 3 days.
    We didn't really plan anything specific, but if there's an FSUer who's willing to do a NO PRYDE meet up....

And anyway, what's there to do in Stockholm?

2. equatorial

equatorial New Member

Lots of great museums. Get a Stockholm card that will give you free admission to many museums (they give you a nifty booklet) and unlimited trips on public transport. IIRC, they have one for 3 days. Exactly what you need.
    Go to Drottningholm Palace (it's outside of the city proper, but transport connections are good), visit Birka if you are into old viking sites. In the city, the Vasa ship museum is a must, as is Stockholms stadhus with its tower. Great East Asian museum, the National Museum with a very solid fine arts exposition, Museum of History. All of those were free with the Stockholm card, if my memory serves me right. I personally loved the Museum of Modern Art, but some people are not into it ;) And the city is beautiful.
    ETA: The Old Town (Gamla stan) with the Royal Palace is of course the main thing to see. But you won't miss it, it's visible from almost anywhere in the centre :)

Last edited: May 21, 2012