Any Dance Academy fans on here?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Bonita, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Bonita

Bonita Active Member

I just watched the final episode tonight and am bawling my brains out. If you love ballet, this is such a great show. It originally aired in Australia, but I've watched all three seasons on Amazon Prime. I watch a lot of sitcoms, reality and junk TV, but I feel honored to have watched this show.

2. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Yes! I thought the first season was the best, but liked the other. Cried both s2 and s3 but s2 was worse for me, but man did they milk that for all it was worth in 3!

I really cared about the characters. The show was well done. I watched on Netflix so it is there too

3. Bonita

Bonita Active Member

I don't want to spoil any potential viewers, but one ending made me WTF. But it was all realistic.

4. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I watched the series on Netflix a couple of weeks ago. I watched the first episode on a whim, but then I had to keep watching. Definite guilty pleasure material. :)

5. RockTheTassel

RockTheTassel Well-Known Member

Count me as another fan! I adore Dance Academy. It looks like a cheesy teen show, but I think it's actually pretty well done and could be enjoyed by anyone who likes ballet. I'm glad to know season three is finally on Netflix. I've been waiting for it.

6. Bonita

Bonita Active Member

I'm a figure skater who started at 28, but the show is giving me serious ballet wannabes.

7. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Thanks for telling me -- I will check it out on Amazon Prime.