Ann Arbour dance coaches moving to Colorado Springs?

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by wildfire, Mar 19, 2011.

1. wildfire

wildfire New Member

Neither, she's Asian.

2. Twizzler

Twizzler Well-Known Member

Seems to me that you are just trying to start trouble.

Yasa and Yuri have to be members of the PSA. Their respective phone numbers/email addresses should be listed in the membership directory. Since you seem to be the only person that can't wait for an official announcement, (if there is even going to be something of the sort) why don't you do us all a favor and contact them directly. Then you can post some facts here instead of trying to stir the pot. Just sayin'.

3. wildfire

wildfire New Member

OR you can just ignore my posts if they're an issue for you.

4. Twizzler

I have been up until now. You just seem like someone with an ax to grind and quite frankly, it's annoying!

5. MacMadame

MacMadame Internet Beyotch

If we ignore her, she can't cause trouble.

6. wildfire

wildfire New Member

And now I'm a female? I find some of you to be quite amusing. I don't comprehend the sensitivity to this subject. I find it very fascinating.

7. Pulaski73

Pulaski73 New Member

All Wildfire is wondering is whether or not they have made a decision. But I am surprised.... for someone who knew so much about Yuri and Yasa's plans to all of a sudden not be in the know start to ask what everyone else has heard is a bit humorous and definitely discredits any of your "Facts."

8. footwork

footwork New Member

Don't validate " trouble" by responding to it , if that's how you feel. Be a bigger person and don't cruise this thread !! I personally have enjoyed the post.

9. bayskate

bayskate New Member

I don't see wildfire as causing trouble. The questions seem reasonable to me.

10. CoralReef

CoralReef New Member

Sounds like a parent trying to find options for their skater or a coach checking out potential competition in the area for students. I am sure there is some "truth" to all the rumours, I just hope their own current skaters aren't caught by surprise.

11. Pitbull

Pitbull New Member

If one Googles "Colorado Springs Ice Dance" what comes up is the new Colorado Springs Ice Dance Academy. Seems Tiffany has built a positive alternative to programming at the World Arena. She has moved on and has created a wonderful training program for skaters. Let's focus on what we have and move on!
    Let the WA suffer the consequences of their decision making...their current skaters can easily find the Colorado Springs Ice Dance Academy and take part in positive training!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  12. Pitbull

Pitbull New Member

In response to "Madm": if you are going to accuse the coaches of "openly fueding" on the ice and thereby tainting both of their reputations, perhaps you need to site examples. One of these coaches had been observed screaming at rink personnel, other students and other parents while the other coach chose to not engage in the insanity. If nothing else, this reflects very poorly on the management of that facility for not dealing with the agressor a LONG time ago!

13. Pulaski73

Pulaski73 New Member

You seem very interested in tarnishing just one of their reputations and yet you can't seem to site specific examples. It takes two to tango as I'm sure Tiffany and Patti know very well. But I think two Olympic coaches would be a great chance for the WA dance program to get even stronger than it is. Other than the Gilles kids and a novice medalist, the situation for ice dancers in the springs was very bleak so I truly hope yasa and yuri breath life back into the program there.

14. wildfire

wildfire New Member

:rolleyes:
    Something tells me that there's nothing ironic in someone who chose the name "PITBULL" calling someone else the agressor.:eek:

15. wildfire

wildfire New Member

:lynch:
    I have posted FACTS but some don't want to believe them. I could contact Yasa and Yuri but you wouldn't beleive what I would post about them anyway. Maybe you should contact them, so you can hear the answer for yourself. That's probably the only way you'll believe it.:blah::blah:

16. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

wildfire, someone upthread posted their personal experience with the situation and you didn't believe them.

ETA to add the post:

17. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

What part of "nobody else seems to care about this as much as you" do you not understand?

Contact them. Ask them your questions. Satisfy your "curiosity". No one here is demanding that you post what you find out.

18. Twizzler

It may surprise you to know that a move to WA by Yasa & Yuri wouldn't shock me in the least. It's the fact that you keep pressing the issue that I find irritating. If they are going to move, I'm sure there are a lot of logistics to work out.

They aren't going to make an announcement any sooner just because you continue to post the "facts" you know. Lots of people are looking at this thread, and im sure that many of them have information. If the interested people want to share what they know, someone else would've confirmed your stories. Maybe people dont want to share what they know because it's none of our business until Yasa, Yuri, and USFS want to make it our business. I'm sure the interested parties are aware of any changes that might/or might not be happening.

19. wolverine

wolverine New Member

I "am" an interested party that can confirm all that Wildfire has stated up until now. The short and sweet of it is: 1. Ann Arbor, for good reason, would like Yuri and Yasa to stay put. 2. WA/COS are in dire need of good reputable dance coaches to breath new life back into a dying program!

Facts to think about....more/less for the doubters out there:

1. WA in need of ice dance coaches and put the word out.
    2. "Free" seminar at the WA with Yuri and Yasa...........sounds alot like scouting out the WA.
    3. Looking at/for houses in area......last I knew this wasn't in the COS tour guide.
    4. Refusing to answer any questions related to a possible move to COS.
    5. Word is.....negotiations are in the works with WA for more ice dance sessions before final decision is made.

Who knows which way this will go due to negotiations, but sadly one group will lose out and another will reap the rewards! Keeping fingers crossed....:rollin:

20. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

So you suddenly felt the need, all by your independent self, to join FSU and "confirm" this speculation? Yarite.

21. wolverine

wolverine New Member

Refer back to post #59 and #79.......no further explanation needed. If some posts bother you then might I suggest you "choose" to ignore them and go about your day. Especially since "you do what you want for a living" and all.......:rollin:

22. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

wildfire, is that you?

23. wildfire

wildfire New Member

No. but I can see why that question is bing asked.

When Macombsk8rmom posted, it became clear to me that there's a lot of things going on behind the scenes, and that information is being kept from people for what ever reasons. I'm sure Yasa and Yuri are trying to protect their business in MI. I think the PR that WA has given them is of benefit to them whether they move to CO or not. I think it is still to be determined if the WA's approach will help or hurt WA.

I also agree that Dance at WA is not as strong as it was a few years ago, I'm fairly certain that the same can be said for Ann Arbor. There are, or should I say were (before the teams left with their coaches when management took away coaching access), more teams at WA than AA. SO, it seems logical to ask why Yasa and Yuri will "breath new life into dance at WA" when they haven't been able to do so in their current situation? Some will want to say it's because Canton and DSC are too close, but if AA is the better option the skaters would be there. For some reason AA isn't able to compete with the market in MI.

The economy is definitely challenging these days, and I'd venture to guesss many programs are down a bit. IMHO, managements should be working closely with their coaches to find ways to support them and their skaters to keep them participating in a sport that is very expensive. Both WA and AA have had quite strong programs in the recent past. I don't know that the conclusion that it's the coaches fault for their recent decline is an accurate one. The number of dancers in the entire country is very low and as community we need to be supporting them and the coaches who have a history of providing quality work.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
  24. reese

reese Well-Known Member

I heard Marina and Igor are breaking up! Marina will be moving Tessa and Scott and her other favorite teams to a yet unnamed California rink. Igor will stay in Canton with Meryl and Charlie. Tom Z is also interested in picking up an elite dance team. Hopefully the Shibutanis will consider him.

Anyone else heard this stuff? Cuz I've totally been hearing it.

25. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

:lol: You scared me for a minute there. Tom Z should most definitely NOT be coaching a dance team.

26. wildfire

wildfire New Member

Simson/BLackmer are swtiching to Tom Z to address their jump issues, it's definitely not a dance team going to him.

27. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

It was a joke. ;)

28. Jayar

Jayar Well-Known Member

Switching, or getting singles training? Makes sense to stay with Dalilah for pairs...

29. wildfire

wildfire New Member

It's a joke. :)

30. Civic

Civic New Member

What does WA stand for?:confused: