Ann Arbour dance coaches moving to Colorado Springs?

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by wildfire, Mar 19, 2011.

1. wolverine

wolverine New Member

Refer back to post #59 and #79.......no further explanation needed. If some posts bother you then might I suggest you "choose" to ignore them and go about your day. Especially since "you do what you want for a living" and all.......:rollin:
  2. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

wildfire, is that you?
  3. wildfire

wildfire New Member

No. but I can see why that question is bing asked.

When Macombsk8rmom posted, it became clear to me that there's a lot of things going on behind the scenes, and that information is being kept from people for what ever reasons. I'm sure Yasa and Yuri are trying to protect their business in MI. I think the PR that WA has given them is of benefit to them whether they move to CO or not. I think it is still to be determined if the WA's approach will help or hurt WA.

I also agree that Dance at WA is not as strong as it was a few years ago, I'm fairly certain that the same can be said for Ann Arbor. There are, or should I say were (before the teams left with their coaches when management took away coaching access), more teams at WA than AA. SO, it seems logical to ask why Yasa and Yuri will "breath new life into dance at WA" when they haven't been able to do so in their current situation? Some will want to say it's because Canton and DSC are too close, but if AA is the better option the skaters would be there. For some reason AA isn't able to compete with the market in MI.

The economy is definitely challenging these days, and I'd venture to guesss many programs are down a bit. IMHO, managements should be working closely with their coaches to find ways to support them and their skaters to keep them participating in a sport that is very expensive. Both WA and AA have had quite strong programs in the recent past. I don't know that the conclusion that it's the coaches fault for their recent decline is an accurate one. The number of dancers in the entire country is very low and as community we need to be supporting them and the coaches who have a history of providing quality work.
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
  4. reese

reese Well-Known Member

I heard Marina and Igor are breaking up! Marina will be moving Tessa and Scott and her other favorite teams to a yet unnamed California rink. Igor will stay in Canton with Meryl and Charlie. Tom Z is also interested in picking up an elite dance team. Hopefully the Shibutanis will consider him.

Anyone else heard this stuff? Cuz I've totally been hearing it.
  5. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

:lol: You scared me for a minute there. Tom Z should most definitely NOT be coaching a dance team.
  6. wildfire

wildfire New Member

Simson/BLackmer are swtiching to Tom Z to address their jump issues, it's definitely not a dance team going to him.
  7. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

It was a joke. ;)
  8. Jayar

Jayar Well-Known Member

Switching, or getting singles training? Makes sense to stay with Dalilah for pairs...
  9. wildfire

wildfire New Member

It's a joke. :)
  10. Civic

Civic New Member

What does WA stand for?:confused:

11. shan

shan Well-Known Member

World Arena

I kept thinking Washington and was completely confused until I looked it up.
  12. Ozzisk8tr

Ozzisk8tr Well-Known Member

Wise ass.
  13. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

That's better than wide ass, I suppose. :p
  14. joannskater

joannskater New Member

I've never posted here before, but I might as well since it will end any rumors. I went to a parents, skaters, and coaches meeting at the World Arena tonight and it was officially announced that Yasa and Yuri will NOT be coming to Colorado Springs. Also, the ice dance sessions set aside at the World Arena will NOT be canceled now or during the summer even though, at this time, there is no certainty on who will be coaching ice dance at the facility.
  15. Twizzler

Twizzler Well-Known Member

I can also confirm with 100% certainty that Yasa and Yuri are not moving.