And The Worst Hambuger Is....

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Rex, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Drum roll...............................................

McDonald's?
    The more expensive their burgers are, the better they taste, tis true....

http://shopping.yahoo.com/articles/yshoppingarticles/428/best-burgers/ I miss Carl's Jr. and Hardees.....they don't have them in PA, or not in Philly at least. I cannot believe Checkers isn't on here :mad:.

Discuss.

2. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

I love Backyard Burgers. They got a pretty good rating

3. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Fuddrucker's is great to IMO, but none are near me....and I must say, the mom & pop places downtown are awful.

Flamers makes great ones as well.

4. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

I'm here to verify the amazingness of the In-in-Out burger (and they're CHEAP, too). I lived in Cali up until three years ago, and boy do I miss them. It's a testament to In-in-Out that their burger ranked highest along with a national chain even though they only have restaurants in four states.

I think White Castle burgers are nastier than Miccy D's, and that's saying lot.

5. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

All-American Burger in Massapequa (AKA "Home of the Baldwin Bros"). During summer, the line is around the block and up the street. Double cheeseburger with onion rings and a shake, mmmmmm. SO worth the schlep. ;)

6. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

I just tried a "5 Guys" burger for the 1st time last week and was hooked!

7. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Five Guys' bacon cheeseburgers are awesome (even if heart-attack inducing)! As far as fast food goes, Checker's burgers are pretty good. McDonald's are absolutely pathetic.

8. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

Now I want a burger!

9. KikiSashaFan

KikiSashaFan Well-Known Member

When I was in HS I worked at a McDonalds and we used to have this one guy come in all the time and order Big Macs, but instead of the middle bun, he would get a McChicken patty. *Insert vomit icon here*

10. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

Always thought mcd's burgers sucked, so glad this has now been confirmed.

The best ones are at burger king or applebees. :)

11. pat c

pat c Well-Known Member

A&W

that is all. :)

No no, I mean A&W is the best.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
    Really and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

McDonald's definitely is not the best. IMO, they are palatable and fairly tasty when in a rush. They can't compare though to Wendy's and my personal favorite, Burger King. I love a good whopper. :swoon:

Five Guys is awesome too.

13. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

My Aunt Phyllis (the Vanessa Williams of Semi-Hos) thinks White Castle is the best.....I was not impressed when I tried them in AC.

I also lurve their fries.....our locan In&Out closed, mainly 'cause Five Guys was up the street and outsold them 2-1.

14. bardtoob

bardtoob Well-Known Member

Aren't Hardee's and Carl's Jr just different names for literally the same thing?

If I construct a Five Guy's Burger the same as an In-N-Out Burger, I would feel disappointed I did not have an In-N-Out Burger. However, all the extras available at Five Guy's make it worth it. Besides Five Guy's gives me motivation to eat a lower calorie meal because I will never eat their potato peel flavored fries ever again, although I love In-N-Out fries, especially well done fries.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  15. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

I nominate the British version of the hamburger. "Wimpys" are ghastly.
    There's a 5 Guys near my hairdresser's. I'll have to stop there and check it out.

16. moebius

moebius Well-Known Member

I tried In-Out 2x and both times I asked for the burger well done and they were never well done, pink in the middle. I have never went back since.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  17. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

In-n-out is da bomb. My favorite is protein style. :swoon:

I've had BK only a handful of times in my life and every single time it made me sick. I also think it's the worst-tasting of all the fast food burgers.

18. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

BK doesn't bother me too much - I prefer flame-broiled to fried.

19. Moto Guzzi

Moto Guzzi Well-Known Member

Five Guys is my favorite. President Obama stopped in at the one near where I work and bought about 75 for his staff and the press following him around.

I don't eat any other fast food burgers. McDonald's tastes more like cardboard than meat. I can't stand the thought of Wendy's after finding something in my burger that looked like an aorta. I nearly threw up then and am feeling queasy now just thinking about it. Shudder. :yikes:

I like McDonald's french fries.

20. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

I love Five Guys...Wendy's...Cookout...I think those are the main ones. Burger King seems to add flavoring to make it seem like they're charbroiled, but I don't actually believe they are lol

21. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

I think White Castles' "burger" is actually a slice of meatloaf.

And when you get a FRESH McDonald's burger, it's pretty good :) I order the McDouble no cheese, that way I know it'll be made to order and not just sitting around. Not bad for $1.

Jodi and (deleted member) like this.
  22. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

White Castle hamburgers are totally disguesting. McDonalds are okay in an emergency but I prefer Wendy's. One of the best fast food burgers is Bobby Fray's at Bobby's Burger Place.

23. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

Teenburgers!

24. KikiSashaFan

KikiSashaFan Well-Known Member

You can also ask for the burgers to be made without seasoning, then they have to grill the patties fresh, not use ones from the warming tray.

Same with the fries. Order them with no salt and they'll make them fresh, then just sprinkle salt on them yourself.

25. Southpaw

Southpaw Saint Smugpawski

I can eat a dozen White Castles in one sitting. :swoon:

26. Auntie

Auntie New Member

Then you wait so long for your food that you die from hunger. :lol: If you special order from any McDonald's near me you have about a 25% chance that they actually make the order properly.

27. Lucy25

Lucy25 Well-Known Member

Sonic has great burgers!!

28. nypanda

nypanda Well-Known Member

What - no Texans on the board?

WHATABURGER.

29. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

I love Culver's, I think they are probably the best. Also like Sonic.

As for McDonald's, I always order mine without pickles, and I agree they are preetty good if fresh.

30. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Wendy's is my favorite fast food burger out of the options available to me where I live. The only problem is that they can be REALLY inconsistent! Sometimes it is perfect and other times it is cold and poorly dressed. You just never know what you will get.

I never go to Mcdonalds for a burger, I rarely go there at all, but when I do it is for nuggets.

A few weeks ago I had a Sonic burger that was insanely good! Greasy, but in a good way, hot and cheese melting everywhere! It was one of the best burgers I had in a long time. I love that they use diced onions instead of big onion rings.