America's Next Top Model Cycle 15

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by all_empty, Aug 12, 2010.

1. all_empty

all_empty Well-Known Member

2. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Ye gods, did that first girl's parents corset her as a child? Or did she have her floating ribs removed? Tall and thin is one thing, but damn, girl. Her pelvis and torso look mismatched. More practically, will that not screw up her ability to fit into samples? Her proportions are NOT normal for sizing purposes.
  3. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

IS ANTM just looking for the most bizarrely proportioned girls they can find now?
  4. Bonita

Bonita Active Member

I just got hooked on this show Cycle 14, loved it (though not who won). Then I watched Cycle 13 when they showed that right after and just finished a marathon of Cycle 7. I can't wait until September 8th.

That said, that girl with the smallest waist is scary skinny. And I wonder if the boozabas are real on the other girl or Dow Corning?

I was reading the bios for some of the Cycle 7 finalists, 5'10" and 115 pounds is really, really scary to me. I weighed 115 at one point and I'm 5'8" and I looked like a scarecrow.
  5. danceronice

Well, that's what the fashion industry wants--the more underweight, the better. So long as they're tall, of course.
  6. Stormy

Stormy Well-Known Member

Yes, but that girl in the video is too thin. Way too thin. She's defintiely less than a size 0, and she wouldn't fit into designer sample sizes. I remember when a designed commented Fatima was too thin a few cycles ago and this chick is way skinner than Fatima.

I do keep watching, but at this point ANTM is such a joke. Tyra doesn't pick models. You don't get a real modeling career out of winning ANTM so I don't know why girls keep bothering to try out.
  7. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

A $100,000 contract with Cover Girl, a spread in 17 Magazine, and whatever else is given to the winner (there is usually something with an agency). I may have mixed up the prizes - I tend to tune them as Tyra lists them over and over again - but they are certainly give potential candidates the motivation to try out and compete.
  8. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

9. danceronice

Yep, though I honestly don't recall ever seeing the winning Cover Girl ads. CG mostly likes to use actresses like Drew Barrymore.

But a contract with [whichever agency it is this time] at least means a shot at working--not supermodel status, but jobs and therefore income.

Wow, apparently this time the prize is not 17, it's Vogue Italia......and forget "my car", how about the genius who'd bring her hot comb?
  10. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

Sigh. This bunch looks like: "Dozens of girls from all over the neighborhood auditioned for the chance to become ANTM." Oh, well. At least we don't have the Token "Short" Girl this time around.
    Cornfed likes this.
  11. Stormy

Stormy Well-Known Member

Well, at least I have something to watch now that MIOBI is over! :) The two sisters competing against each other might bring some draaaaaaaama. Those look like the plainest, most boring crop of hamsters yet.
  12. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I didn't think so, in fact, when I went to the CWTV site and looked at the photos, I definitely thought this was the most modely looking group I'd seen on there. Also, these girls are glamazons, they're definitely going for tall as there is only one girl below 5'9
  13. AYS

AYS Cruder than you thought

Horrendous lineup IMO, though I'll acknowledge, it could just be that the photos are horrible.
  14. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

They look better on the CW site (except for that horrific thing Anamaria is wearing, it makes her look like she's got huge granny boobs). I'm ruling out the sisters and the moms (Sara and Liz). I think one of these girls is the Honor Student stereotype (Jane?) so I'm ruling her out, too.
  15. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

Holy crap....was just looking at the pictures on the CW site, and Ann needs to eat something. She looks like she's a starving child from Ethiopia.

After seeing those photos I'm sticking with Kayla, Jane, and adding Rhianna and maybe Esther as favorites. I like Liz too, but she's another mom...so we'll see.

http://www.cwtv.com/shows/americas-next-top-model/photos/005857708f9 link to photos on the site.

Rhianna reminds me of Eva Green She's beautiful IMO. Something tells me Rhianna's personality is going to spoil her looks though lol
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  16. all_empty

17. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

yeah I can see in her photo as well that they put a baggy dress on her for a reason....she has no meat on her bones.
  18. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

The former beauty queen from Minnesota needs to fall in a large hole and never emerge.

eta: I'm not sure there's a large enough hole to hold her ego.
  19. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

The 6'2 one is scary looking. I want to fix her eyebrows. :scream:

Hoping Jordan (the gaga wannabe) goes home. Or stays, and annoys me for a few more weeks... :watch:

Jane was pretty awesome.
  20. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

Beauty Queen got cut. Bwa ha ha ha. :EVILLE:

I think the right girls made it in.
  21. danceronice

I hope Anamaria really goes. She is not thin, she's emaciated. You look at Ann and she's THIN, but her skin doesn't looked stretched and papery.

They may eventually annoy me but I like the sisters. And once her Raggedy-Ann 'do was gone, the girl with the mop top looked like WHOA REAL MODEL.
  22. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I was so shocked that they cut her right off the bat, but I was thrilled! When she said people called her "rich bitch" in high school, I thought, well, they got the bitch part right for sure.

I wanted Jordan to stay, I have to say. I don't know what, but there's something compelling about her look in a kind of Agnes Deyn kind of way.

Ann, the 6'2 one, is fabulous, she just needs some polishing. If Michelle Buswell got signed and found some fame at 6'1, I think Ann could as well.

I didn't think Kacey should have made it, but I knew she would because they need the drama. There are several really modely looking girls (Anne, Liz, Rhianna (my personal fave), the Blake Lively look alike whose name I can't remember) so they need drama to make a good show and that's what Kacey seemed to bring.
  23. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Jordon looked like Dobby the Elf with a bad wig. :p
  24. genevieve

I liked Jordan's look as an average person on the street, but she looked a hell of a lot older than she really is. That said, I think she had more potential than Kacey, who looks frightening without her glasses.

Glad beauty queen and the WV gal are gone.

I think this is a pretty good group. I'm liking the pure semen-phobic one, Anne, Liz (although her look is so strong I wonder if she can do anything else), the blonde with the curls (I loved her curly hair but agree that straight is more model-y), the blonde with the freckles. I like the sisters but don't see big potential for either of them yet.

Wheee ANTM is back!
  25. Stormy

Stormy Well-Known Member

I totally take it back....the pre-show photos don't do a lot of the girls justice. This crop of hamsters really IS more high fashion! But Kasey? REALLY? The sisters don't do much for me either, although Terra has more potential than Chris. So far, my faves are Esther, Ann and the blonde curly one...Kayla?
  26. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

Yeah I agree that they look much better in person.
  27. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I can't believe how squealy they were when their names were called. I'm happy for them, and its good to be excited but really is that exciting?
  28. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

Lauren from C10 has said that the producers prompt the girls to shriek with glee over every little thing.
  29. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I'm sure they do and probably encourage the hysterical crying too. I just find it endlessly irritating. It just seems to be more OTT with every season.
  30. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Is it wrong of me to want Tyrant to go "NO! I don't want you!" when they go "EEEKKKK!!!! ARE YOU SURE YOU MEAN MEEEEE?" and fall to their bony little knees? :EVILLE:
  31. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

I missed the first epi? Well, damn, I'm bummed!:(
  32. genevieve

Haven't there been reports from previous contestants that the producers prompt them to go absolutely apeshit over Tyra as well? Caues based on the show, you'd think some of these girls didn't think they were ever going to meet/see Tyra, and it's like - have you ever watched this show?
  33. walei

walei Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that there were times when Tyra walked in and if the girls didn't go apeshit over her, they made Tyra walk in again!

Even in the first episode of this season when they were on the bus and cheering at someone's entrance (one of the Jays?), it was totally not spontaneous especially one of the girls sitting at the front.
  34. shan

shan Well-Known Member

35. all_empty

Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  36. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

I watched! Glad the girl who left, left. She needed to eat a burger. I'm glad they have *some* standards at least. There are a few that are still too skinny imo, but Annamarie was beyond skinny...she was emaciated looking.
  37. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

Anamaria creeped me out. All bone and sagging skin...ewww.
    The Filler Sisters need to go. Soon. The Babin twins they ain't.
  38. succubus

succubus Well-Known Member

I loved both Kayla and Ann's pictures. The sisters are pissers so I don't want them to go just yet! I think Ann verges on homely in real life which translates well to pictures, and really has a ton of potential for high fashion.

And agree - Anamaria was too ribby and emaciated, although her face was very cool looking. Lose the attitude and gain 10 pounds, girl!
  39. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

Still liking Kayla and Jane the most.
  40. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I'm really glad Anamaria was called out for being thin. I'm also really glad that the producers showed her talking about the fact that she purposely keeps herself that thin. I think she has a ton of potential, but her body was scary thin.

Right now, I like Ann, Kayla, Lexie, and Liz the best. I'm still undecided on Kendal, but I think she has potential. This is the first time I've ever seen ANTM have multiple girls who could really actually model in the real world.

Jane is really quiet, so I'm afraid the judges are going to start the whole, "oh, she doesn't have a good personality" thing that has taken out several good models in my opinion.