"America's Next Top Model: All Stars"

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by all_empty, May 13, 2011.

1. all_empty

all_empty Well-Known Member

2. love skating

love skating Clueless American

I liked the idea of an All-Star season, but I'm sorely disappointed in the people chosen. The only ones I really like are Allison and Shannon. But maybe too many of the better models were unavailable?

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. RockTheTassel

RockTheTassel Well-Known Member

I'm glad they managed to get people from all cycles and not just the last few, but I was disappointed to find out that Jade won't be there. She was a riot. :rofl: I would have also loved to see Mercedes from cycle two and Joanie from cycle six.

Oh well. I'm looking forward to it anyway.

4. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

I suspect they contacted quite a few people to get the line up, which isn't really an all-star line up IMO. The girl with the big odd eyes and Isis don't really stand out as stars in my view.

Some of the women may be working as models or doing something else. And some might not have wanted to go through the ordeal again.

The only one I really like is Lauren, she was just a sweet-heart.

5. walei

walei Well-Known Member

Yup according to Jade, the contract was so one sided she declined 'immensely'.

ANTM is never about actually producing a high fashion model and I applaud Tyra for picking this cast because I can already see the train wrecks and viewer's entertainment :lol:

6. gingercrush

gingercrush New Member

Sheena and Allison I love and some of the others are okay but most of them are eww.

7. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

I wonder if they'll get different make-overs than the original ones. Some of the girls looks have bound to have changed since Tyra's 1st make-over. The pics shown are their original season's shot.

8. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

I don't know...I think if they have real potential in a season, they try to find an actual good model. If it's a scraping the bottom of the barrel type season, they seem to go more for drama, than substance.

9. Stormy

Stormy Well-Known Member

They called Laura from C13 "Lauren". :rolleyes: I liked Sheena, Allison, I like Brittany from C4, I like Alexandria....and the rest I either hated on the show or just plain don't care about. That is SO not an all star lineup. Several of those girls were really forgettable. BLAH, this is dissapointing.

10. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

nothing improves a girl's shot at a modeling career like being 5 - 10 years older than last time

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  11. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

the ones from the later cycles I barely remembered - except the doe-eyed girl. How old is Shannon now? Over 25, right?

Whee, Lisa's back :rollin:

That is an atrocious photo of Angelea :scream:

I wish we had MelRose back :shuffle:

12. NinjaTurtles

NinjaTurtles Teenage Mutant

I was just thinking she's the one who is going to bring the fun to this Cycle! :lol:

13. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

More info in the regular Top Model thread but Shannon from Cycle 1 is 27 now.
    Camille was 25 in 2004, so she's 32 now. Lisa is 29 now.

14. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I was surprised to not have Melrose and Rene back.

15. El Rey

El Rey Well-Known Member

16. karissamolitor

karissamolitor New Member

Angelea has got to be my least favorite. I know they probably think it will make for some good DRAMA in the house, but I could do without her.

17. Bonita

Bonita Active Member

I actually liked Angelea and thought she was very pretty, but OMG that picture is horrible, she looks like a bad drag queen. Isis is way prettier, LOL. I have a transgendered family member and I know how hard it is to change over.

Kayla was one of my faves, I so wanted her to win that season. She looks fab.

Alexandrea just came off her season, why is her photo so ick? She's very fit, but the hair/outfit = awful.

I remember most of the girls, though I haven't seen all the seasons yet. About half of them are scary skinny. Why do models think muscles are not attractive? At least the scary skinny ice dancers have nice muscle definition even if their breastbones are sticking out.

Stupid question, but is this now "it" vs. having real amateurs competing? Or is it just a supplement to a hit series kind of like Bachelor Pad?

18. MR-FAN

MR-FAN Kostner Softie

OMG Camille!!! :lol:

19. shan

shan Well-Known Member

immensely?? :lol: okay...

She did make for great entertainment during her season. I'm sorry she declined immensely.

20. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

When she was ON the show, I thought Angelea looked more masculine than Isis had.

Ooh, Laura. She was one where I kind of felt she got a bit ripped off. I'm now hoping for an Allison-Laura final two and a win for Allison, because she wuzrobbed SO BADLY.

And...sorry, but going on that photo shouldn't Camille be playing the Mom in commercials for thinkings like Lysol cleaning wipes and sensible midsize crossover SUVs?

21. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

Almost all of them finished fourth place or lower. To me that is second chance at being a top model, but not an all star cast, but I'm still a sucker for the show and will watch.

22. Capella

Capella Guest

Surprised Bre is doing this. She's got a national campagne for Garnier haircolor and is all over TV and magazines.

23. sodapop

sodapop New Member

I was never much of a fan of any of these girls but Allison (who I thought should have won her season) and Shannon. They should have tried to get Natasha back. She made for some great TV.

Will we finally find out who stole the granola bars? :shuffle: