America's Got Talent

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by rfisher, Jun 2, 2010.

1. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I love this show. The weird and the sublime. You never know what you'll get. Howie Mandel looks scary, but not as scary as the Hoff.

First up 2 adorable 5yo's who dance. They won't make it to the finals, but they were really cute.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  2. rfisher

women with chain saws :yikes:

3. rfisher

Side show group stapling their breast and drilling their nose while dressed in drag. :eek: Now, some sword swallowing. Piers is grossed out. :lol:

Sharon said no, but Piers and Howie sent them through.

4. talulabell

talulabell New Member

OMG, sideshow freaks! I cant watch. might be sick.

5. rfisher

double jointed dancers. That had to hurt.

Howie is cracking me up.

Through for Howie and Sharon. Hope they do something else.

Next Bollywood dance troup. Didn't show them long enough. Through to next round.

6. shells

shells New Member

I watched an interview with Howie on a talk show and he mentioned a guy that lit fireworks and threw them down his pants. I wonder if that's the same guy that set them off on his chest last year?

ETA: Also, was I going crazy on Thursday or did I see Paradiso dance auditioning for SYTYCD?

7. rfisher

Really? I don't watch SYTYCD that often. They sort of reminded me of V/M in that she was good and he was just strong. :lol:

OK, this guy from France needs a conehead. :lol:

8. shells

shells New Member

I'm pretty sure they showed them quickly in a montage of 'weird' auditions.

9. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

the guy from france who does popping was pretty good.

10. rfisher

And we get the first dominatrix. Who's painting while shaking her but in pleather. This show has everything.

11. numbers123

and Howie begging Sharon to send her to vegas.

12. talulabell

talulabell New Member

I'm a bit surprised at letting the two freak-show acts thru. I'm also surprised that they like the painting dominatrix as much as they did. It was clever, but nothing more. also, (besides, of course, being a dominatrix) what was the point of the whip? I sorta expected her to use it to paint with. LOL!

13. rfisher

I wonder how last year's winner did in Vegas? I still think the opera singer should have won.

14. rfisher

Weird Hannible should just sing and not play the keyboard. I agree with Piers.

Snakes. :yikes:

Lots of circus acts this time.

Cute kid rock band

Bollywood actor should have stayed in India. :lol: That was scary. The James Bond thing reminded me of Yu-Na.

If the homeless veteran's choir is good, they'll make me cry. What a great story if they could win. OK. I'm crying. Fabulous.

15. numbers123

The homeless veteran's choir and this kid should be in the finals.

16. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I forgot this was on tonight, but my tivo recorded it. I never thought I'd say "I miss Jerry Springer" but I really preferred him as the host.

17. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

Nick Cannon is a terrible host :scream:

The New Directions choir just had me :wuzrobbed

from the editing, I was expecting the French guy to be really bad, but he was really good!

18. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Yes, you did. They didn't go over well with the SYTYCD judges -- they were shown in the bad audition montage.

The choir and the last singer with the Katrina story were good. Those were the only potential finalists that they featured IMO. Don't know about some of the dance/martial arts troupes where they just showed clips.

19. rfisher

The judges seemed to like the martial arts group and the big Bollywood dance troupe. I wasn't particularly impressed with any of the circus acts yet. They should be ready made for a Vegas venue if they're good. The variety in this show is what makes it interesting.

Howie Mandel did a pretty good job last night. He's at least funnier than Hoff.

20. taf2002

taf2002 Texas slumlord

I can't stand "the Hoff". He actually makes me feel ill every time he opens his mouth. Of all the self-promoting egocentric jerks in Hollywood, he has to be the worst.

I also liked Jerry Springer better than Nick but Nick is not too bad, it's just that Jerry acted like he really cared about the people.

I liked the last singer, the Katrina one, a lot but he needs to get himself to a voice teacher quick. I liked what Sharon said to him, that was good advice. I also loved the guy from France.

I didn't think the New Directions choir was very good but the 2nd soloist was great, the one who was homeless for 25 yrs. But they need background music, they aren't good enough for a cappela. I thought the Bollywood & martial arts people were acts that we have seen too many times before. No one is going to pay money in Vegas to see either.

21. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Why did Hoff leave? I don't miss him.

22. shells

shells New Member

All this talk of Jerry vs Nick... I liked Regis in the first season as host best. I much prefer Sharon to Brandy (who also did the first season).

23. love skating

love skating Clueless American

I believe he and his daughter are doing a reality show on their life. :scream:

I like Howie as a judge, but I don't think they should have put through the guy doing impressions (though he was so bad it was funny) nor the Hannibal guy who sang Hallelujah. I do find it a little funny that the judges for America's Got Talent are two Brits and a Canadian!

I liked the "future funk" guys, the French dancer and the guy at the end was good. But so far no one who has totally impressed me.

I did notice the Paradiso people on SYTYCD. And I was wondering if the "sideshow" dancers were part of the Ringmasters group from ABDC a couple seasons ago? There's so much crossover now on these "talent" shows.

24. genevieve

I turned on the tv as those guys were getting their comments...from what Piers said, I thought of that ABDC group too. and was really glad I didn't see them perform. Squicky!!!

25. rfisher

cute dog act.
    Burlesque dancer :eek:
    70s revival band looked hot under the big hair wigs.

26. rfisher

Young Taylor from LA could be a real teen hit if packaged properly. Original arrangement.

27. HisWeirness

HisWeirness FREE LYUBOV

He has the whole Jeremy Abbott adorkable thing going on. :)

;) at Sharon being gaga over the dog :dog: act. Not surprising.

Nancy La Fancy :shuffle:

Last season, the Hoff would have buzzed the "genital" dude right away like the rest but I liked that Howie rolled with it just to see what would happen. :yikes: :scream:

Not bad tonight, but no one that I'm that excited about. I liked the group that used the electric effects, but they would have to up the performance level in Vegas to get to the next round, I think.

I found "rapper" CJ to be more obnoxious than cute :slinkaway

28. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Anyone watching tonight? Gabe Sidibe's mother just auditioned. She's a singer who sings in the subway station (although I suspect she's had some more opportunity recently) and she just blew the crowd away.

29. Moto Guzzi

Moto Guzzi Well-Known Member

I thought she was great!

30. genevieve

I love that Howie wants to give some of the more bizarro acts again. He seems to be having a ball at this job :lol:

I'm really glad they didn't let that one little girl with the backup dancers through. She has a big voice for a little girl, but the whole thing came off as being extremely pageant-y and the mom seemed like a stage mom :yikes: