American Idol - Top 9 (April 6th and 7th)

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by PeterG, Apr 6, 2011.

Which Performances Did You Enjoy Tonight? (Vote For As Many As You Like)

1. Stefano Langone

6.3%
  2. Scott McCreery

45.3%
  3. Pia Toscano

28.1%
  4. Paul McDonald

15.6%
  5. Lauren Alaina

15.6%
  6. James Durbin

65.6%
  7. Jacob Lusk

17.2%
  8. Haley Reinhart

31.3%
  9. Casey Abrams

37.5%
  10. BONUS POLL: My favourite judge is Randy Jackson

6.3%
  11. BONUS POLL: My favourite judge is Steven Tyler

23.4%
  12. BONUS POLL: My favourite judge is Jennifer Lopez

37.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

OMG.

Did not expect that.

Jennifer in tears. Weird.

She's boring. I get that she had a great voice, but she wasn't all that exciting.

2. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Too bad the judges blew the save on Casey. Maybe now they'll stop telling everyone how awesome they are when they suck.

3. martian_girl

martian_girl New Member

Oh WTF?!?!:soapbox:

I may be done with this show.
    I'll probably still watch next week

4. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

That's craaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzyyyyyy!!! Maybe she'll get a ton of attention and opportunities for getting the boot prematurely.

5. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

I didn't vote for boring. She's a fabulous singer but ....

6. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

This may have been a blessing in disguise. She may get a TON more notice now and get signed quickly...

7. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

Good for the judges for calling out the voters and saying that they were angry.

8. Allskate

The thing is that she kept going for the glory notes and she sounded her worst -- not fabulous -- during the glory notes. And she's a New Yorker who didn't come across as very warm.

9. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

Let's hope. I generally don't care one way or the other about American Idol, but this made me angry. Jacob and Stefano getting more votes than Pia is disgusting.

She may be boring, but I'll take her any day over Jacob, Stefano, Paul, Scotty, Haley, and Lauren.

Oh wow, Randy and Jennifer can't even stand to look her in the eye.

10. BigB08822

Only 2 girls left...

What a sausage fest. I did not think I would ever think of that as a bad thing...

I know a lot of people thought she was boring but I also wonder if people just felt there was no way she could go home and voted for others before voting for her. I did that the first couple of weeks and only voted a little last night, sending most of my votes to Lauren.

OMG, so sad at her just breaking down. This is, for me, the most shocking exit on Idol EVER. I know others were a shock but this was a really really early shock and in other seasons she would have been saved but they fecking through it away early...lesson learned I hope.

11. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

I'm a bit surprised she went out this early, but even her fans here were aware of her performance issues. This does create a clear run to the top for the guys, though, as I don't think Lauren or Haley can challenge.

12. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

WHHEEEEE!! (boring is off my tv....time to get epileptic spazz boy off of there next)

13. marbri

marbri Hey, Kool-Aid!

Haven't been following the show much since auditions but if this song she is singing, and how she is singing it, is kind of boring.

14. Allskate

I think that the judges were harder on Pia yesterday than they were on some of the others. If they're all really close, then even something like that can have an impact. Nigel has said that he's usually been able to guess the top three, but not this year. At this point, there are only three contestants who have not been in the bottom three.

15. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

The problem is, it's difficult enough to be a success in the music business. Talent isn't enough. You have to make people want to pay to listen to you. The best singer seldom wins AI.

16. BigB08822

I think Haley and Lauren are safe for the next 2-3 weeks. Hopefully people will vote for them just to keep a couple of chicks around a little while longer.

17. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

I felt bad for her breaking down too. I voted for Jacob, Stephano, James and Lauren.

I have to say the most shocking is Chris Daughtry being voted off. Chris should have WON that year.

18. Allskate

Plus, I think that Haley, and especially Lauren, will inherit a lot of Pia's votes.

19. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

AMEN AMEN AMEN!!!!!

Adam Lambert is one of the few AI contestants who had the voice, stage presence and performance. But he still didn't win.

I just don't know where Pia's niche is. What genre will she be successful in. What kind of CD can or will she put out.

20. Allskate

I don't think the producers believe they threw away the save. They are first and foremost looking for an interesting tv show. The save with Casey was great tv. Pia getting the boot is great tv. Casey is more interesting than Pia even if she sings better. She was boring and, given her persistence in going the ballad/glory note route, I don't think she was going to win even if they used the save on her.

21. Nickel

Nickel New Member

Sorry to see Pia go so early. She should have been the last girl standing. Oh well. Now I hope after this America send home the ones who really should go. Like Casey. And Paul. And Stefano. Then Jacob, Haley, Scott and Lauren. With James for the win! :)

22. BigB08822

If you have a problem with me and how much I post in this thread then put me on ignore you nasty twit!!! (if you have to ask, then it isn't directed at you)

23. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

Wheeeee! I'm not the only getting nasty notes on this forum! I read twit wrong originally, which made your comment even funnier :)

24. BigB08822

Oh, good to know someone is taking it out on others. :lol: Why read a thread if it upsets you so much?

25. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Frankly, the judges are at fault here too. They're praising everything. Read something online the other day that said Steven and Jennifer are being nice because of their images. Simon didn't care if he was liked, his goal was to find someone marketable until the next winner came along. This season is way too much 'rah rah, you're fabulous' and not enough 'it wasn't at all good'.

26. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

Eh, I was more shocked that Allison was kicked off before Danny. Especially since that was the week of the scream.

Also, I loved (and continue to love) Allison. I can't imagine a Pia song showing up on my iPod at any time.

27. BigB08822

Allison! :swoon: So glad I got to see her open for Adam. Might have been my only chance. I still love her album, it was honestly one of the best debut albums from an Idol alumni.

28. pollyanna

pollyanna playing the Glad Game

Allison. :(

When was the last time a female won?

29. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I agree with that. You know something's up when I am glad to hear Randy's criticism.

30. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm Well-Known Member

Jordyn?