American Idol - Top 12 (March 16th and 17th)

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by PeterG, Mar 16, 2011.

?

Which Performances Did You Enjoy Tonight? (Vote For As Many As You Like)

1. Casey Abrams

22 vote(s)
    37.9%
  2. Haley Reinhart

9 vote(s)
    15.5%
  3. Jacob Lusk

7 vote(s)
    12.1%
  4. James Durbin

14 vote(s)
    24.1%
  5. Karen Rodriquez

7 vote(s)
    12.1%
  6. Lauren Alaina

13 vote(s)
    22.4%
  7. Naima Adedapo

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  8. Paul McDonald

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  9. Pia Toscano

33 vote(s)
    56.9%
  10. Scott Mccreery

32 vote(s)
    55.2%
  11. Stefano Langone

23 vote(s)
    39.7%
  12. Thia Megia

14 vote(s)
    24.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. phoenixflamezzz

phoenixflamezzz New Member

well, i mean that goes without saying. this is idol, after all, where the likes of clay aiken, taylor hicks, and lee dewyze have all been deemed "omG CuuTTE" :slinkaway

2. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Every time I see Scott McCreedy, he looks more and more like Clay Aiken. First it was the eyes...now it's the strange semi-smile/smirk...

3. WindSpirit

WindSpirit OmnipresentAdmeanistrator

I hope they're going to get better. They did have some great songs a few years ago. Too bad most of them can't sing. I was really :rofl: about the autotune stuff. When I was at Clay's concert last month he was making fun of the autotune and the fact that you practically have to use it to get on the radio nowadays. And apparently you don't even have to sing, you can just speak to the microphone. Clay's version of "I Kissed a Girl." :lol:

I don't think she was bad. Just not great.

That was the only bit I had to fast forward. :scream:

I don't know how gay guys like their men, or even how other women like their men, I know that for me a guy has to be interesting first. Lee is like Dead Man Walking, and I'm not crazy about his singing, either, so um, hell no. Kris was kind of like Lee to me, only he could sing. But he was very boring and forgettable, so I didn't really find him attractive, either.

Clay and Taylor were both rather polarizing. I didn't watch A2, so I don't know how I would react to Clay there; I have become his fan by watching clips from his concerts. He is an amazing entertainer and I love his sense of humor (snark) and quick wit. Smart, funny and talented, what's not to like? I quite liked Taylor, but not as much as his fans. I loved Elliott during that season. And yes, I think Elliott's sexy and cute. So there you go. :lol:

4. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

5. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

Paul is a hit with gay guys? :confused: Last time I checked I'm gay and I don't find anything special about him... :blah: His voice is annoying and he looks like a spastic chipmunk when he tries to "dance" on stage. I'm looking for the best voice and he ain't it. Sure he's got a nice smile and sorta cute but those guys are a dime a dozen... Pia has the best voice but I still don't think she will win...

6. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

You only have to wait six months to hear the ending. :lol:

Casey Abrams isn't in the photos from last night. I wonder if he's still sick.

:lol: That was funny -- both the song choice and the Chipmunks impersonation. He does seem like a good entertainer, even if I don't like his taste in music. But, I still don't see the sexy. I was suprised to hear JLo and Melinda both say they found Casey Abrams sexy, too. I really like him, but "sexy" isn't the first word that comes to mind when I see him.

7. shan

shan Well-Known Member

8. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

Thanks Shan. Jason Averett is asserting himself a little more in the graphics. :lol:

There are a few places where I disagree with Slezak. I know the judges and producers and Iovine like Stefano and he's one of the cuter ones, but I'm not convinced that he is going to get to the top three, especially if he doesn't change his performing style.

I also disagree that Paul's not taking Idol seriously. I think he went on the show to do his best and his music career is important to him. The fact that he didn't play an instrument this week doesn't mean he's not taking it seriously. I see it as exactly the opposite. The Idol producers might have told Slezak that everyone had the chance to play an instrument last week, but the Idol vocal coach told EW that the contestants weren't told this until Friday and they go into the studios on Friday morning to record. There really wasn't much chance to change songs and pick something that would allow Paul to showcase good guitar playing. (OTOH, because Casey was in the hospital, he didn't record on Friday and changed his song choice from a Boyz II Men song to Smells Like Teen Spirit and played an instrument. But, I don't think he really had much time to change it up and make it his own, so I'm not sure it really paid off.

I do agree with Slezak that, as a result of the changes this season, we're not going to see any interesting musical choices like Kris' "Heartless" and David's "Hello." I really liked their "Alone" montage.

So God wanted Ashthon to be a wild card pick despite not being the best singer that night? Just so he could send her packing the next week? Alrighty.

9. phoenixflamezzz

phoenixflamezzz New Member

They were way too harsh on Jacob and not harsh enough on Paul. Or they should've been given the same treatment. Paul's just getting a pass because of his pre-idol music (which has no relevance on how AWFUL he's been on the show) and because of his whole quirky/folksy vibe. Meh.

Wasn't a fan of Kendra's voice. Her upper register was not pleasing to my ears. It was shrill and whiny.

I don't know about Stefano. I'm pegging him as the darkhorse this season, so that means at least T5, but beyond that, I don't know. He'll have to continue to turn in great performances and have everybody continue to falter (e.g. this past week). Motown Week should be up his wheel house so I think he'll be safe this week.