American Idol (May 18th and 19th) – THE SEMI-FINALS!!!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by PeterG, May 18, 2010.

Who Did You Enjoy Tonight? (Multiple Votes Allowed)

1. Casey James

6 vote(s)
    17.1%
  2. Crystal Bowersox

14 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Lee DeWyze

16 vote(s)
    45.7%
  4. All Three Were Amazing

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  5. Nobody Lived Up To My Expectations

7 vote(s)
    20.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Good job from Lee, no great shakes, voice off key in a couple of parts.

2. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm Well-Known Member

Damn. Lee picks tonight of all nights to not totally suck.

3. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

For all the :scream: goin on I kinda figured this was gonna be a trainwreck but I thought this was actually a really good job. He came alive for the first time.

4. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

Lee sounded amazing? I mean, he was okay? Off pitch less than usual? So that's amazing. Huh.

And Ellen is bugging me tonight for some reason. Of course, Kara makes her seem way less annoying.....

5. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

Honestly, I don't think it matters at this point how the contestants perform. I'd be shocked if Lee and Crystal didn't make the finale.

6. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

...And a chorus of thousands echoes the same thought.

7. soxxy

soxxy Guest

LOL. so true.

8. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I haven't voted all season but I may have to tonight. That's OK Casey. If you put out a blue/rock album, I'll buy it. I probably won't buy anything of Lees or Crystals unless she changes her style.

9. LuckyCharm

Damn, I hate this song.

10. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Vulnerable side? Give me a break. He needs to show his sexy side you twit. That was sabotage.

11. PrincessLeppard

Um, Kara? If Casey would rock out like we know he can, his audience would include a lot of dudes.

If I were Casey, I'd just commit hari kari on my guitar. Because this isn't going to go well.

12. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

:yawn: :blah:

Primary returns are more exciting than this.

13. Allskate

Kara's choice of Daughters pretty much put Casey right in front of that rolling bus.

If I were the Idol producers, I would kick Kara off the show even if I had to buy out her contract. She is so freaking annoying.

14. soxxy

soxxy Guest

I don't think Casey has sounded very good the past few weeks, and this song does suck....too sappy for AI.

Randy and Ellen like it.

15. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

yeah, it is a double creep. John Mayer and "daughters" lyrics. And Casey does ok with it, not blowing it out of the park, but ok

16. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Of COURSE Randy applauds the song choice on Casey :rolleyes: . He and Kara selected the fcuking song :wall: .

I started clipping my toenails during that performance. That pretty much sums it up for me

ETA: :respec: :cheer2: for Simon blaming Randy/Kara for selecting the wrong song for Casey. Good for him.

17. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

I hope it backfires, I havent voted all season but I may throw him a vote or two for being subjected to this bile

18. Allskate

The sad part is that I think she really buys this B.S.. All season she's been encouraging him to get away from the jamming and show how "vulnerable" he is. Apparently, with Casey, she doesn't really believe there are No Boundaries.

19. LuckyCharm

:lol:When Casey was singing, I was thinking it's actually kind of pretty if you can ignore the dumb fcuking lyrics.

20. PrincessLeppard

Damning with faint praise. Simon calling out the others on song choice. :respec:

21. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I hate Daughters....

22. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

Poor Casey, having to sing John Mayer's embarrassing "Daughters". It doesn't matter how well you sing that song, you're still saying those lyrics. Reminded me how much I can't stand John Mayer.

23. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

Well I was impressed that Casey toned down the goat a bit for the second song, but what a crap choice from Randy & Kara. PML that Simon called them out on it right in front of their faces.

24. LuckyCharm

:lol:I never realized those lyrics bothered so many people. How the hell did it get so popular, then?

25. Allskate

Yep. I still can't believe Mayer won a Grammy for "Say, Say, Say." :lol:

Mayer is good at guitar. So is Casey. So, if they were insistent on giving Casey a Mayer song, they should have given him one that really allowed him to show his stuff on the guitar.

26. shan

shan Well-Known Member

John Mayer is such a mumbler, maybe people couldn't understand him. I know it took real effort for me to make out anything besides "fathers be good to your daughters." :scream:

27. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

yeah Casey was just ok again... I'd be shocked if it was anyone but him goin home

28. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Paul McCartney? :wall:

Epic BLEAH. Hate hate hate Paul M. and Wings :scream:

29. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

Kanye West is popular (as far as selling music, not personally of course) and he rhymed "caspers" with "NASA."

30. LuckyCharm

You're probably right. Thank you, Casey, for exposing that song for the tripe that it is.:respec: