American Idol (March 30 & 31) - The Top 11 (Dust Yourself Off And Try Again)

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by PeterG, Mar 30, 2010.

?

Who Made You Feel Like A Natural Woman Tonight? (Vote For Everybody You Liked)

1. Aaron Kelly

5 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. Andrew Garcia

14 vote(s)
    21.5%
  3. Casey James

24 vote(s)
    36.9%
  4. Crystal Bowersox

50 vote(s)
    76.9%
  5. Didi Benami

5 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Katie Stevens

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  7. Lee DeWyze

35 vote(s)
    53.8%
  8. Michael Lynche

20 vote(s)
    30.8%
  9. Siobhan Magnus

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  10. Tim Urban

5 vote(s)
    7.7%
  11. Everyone Was Good Tonight!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. BLECH! Everybody Would Have Been Better Off Heard Through A Grapevine!!

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. mindy74

mindy74 Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. I turned away from the screen, gives me headaches!

2. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

That's what I was wondering. And when he started channeling Timbaland. Or did Timba produce it? (Because it's kinda similar to "Morning After Dark")

3. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

Yeah, Kara is almost Tyra Banks-level annoying for me (I remember one time when she was mad that a girl didn't cry after being cut from her show). I was glad to see Tim laugh in her face. I was also glad to see Simon get it the other night, Kara takes herself way too seriously.

4. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

It's 9:57 and its still commercials. Are we really doing the Sing for your Life thing and possible save in the next 3 minutes?

5. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

6. uyeahu

uyeahu Agitator. Sharpie lover (figuratively speaking).

7. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Didi is safe. Misunderstood ryan, sorry. tim is safe.. didi singing for survival

8. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Well crap, we get Mr. Smiley for another week...

9. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

I don't get the DiDi love. So, I wasn't surprised that she is the one to go home (unless the PTB save her - too early for the save tho)

10. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

If I didn't hate Didi's performance last night enough, she's screwing with one of my Favorite Songs. Stevie Nicks and I will stomp on that little girl right now, we will.

11. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

don't drag it out Simon. u know u r not using the save.

12. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

Thank you, Simon, thank you thank you.

13. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Shoot we had Tim and Katie in the bottom 3 and failed to get rid of either one????

14. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

So only 3 women left with Crystal, Siobhan and Katie? We know Katie is going either this week or next unless something crazy happens. So much for the season of the women, eh? Crystal and Siobhan should hopefully be around for a while.

15. shuilee

shuilee Well-Known Member

This season is exactly like Season 4. A female will win, but 3 girls were eliminated the first 3 weeks. In fact, 5 of the top 7 were guys the year Carrie won.

16. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Anybody But Tim next week to go through. One week at a time until we just listen to Lee, Casey and Crystal sing three songs.

17. Kruss

Kruss Well-Known Member

Tim and Katie are the Kristy Lee Cooks of this season (always in bottom 3).

Funniest moment was Ryan losing his composure when Big Mike jostled him. I haven't seen Ryan do that since he almost piloted himself right off the stage riding that "flying carpet" contraption in the S7 finale. :lol:

18. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

Wow, this season is sooo anemic, scarcely any breakout star potential, save Crystal and maybe Lee. Had high hopes for Siobhan but not so much now. Most of the rest fall within 3 categories: silly (Tim), dull (Katie/Casey/Mike) and loathsome (Andrew).

19. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Yea, I'd have to agree with this. What's sad is that we *COULD* have had a top 10 of Crystal, Katelyn, Siobhan, Didi, Lilly, Alex, Lee, Michael, Jermaine Purifory, and Aaron/Casey. And it actually would have been a pretty great season. Instead we are stuck with what we have....3 good ones, 4 average, and 2 crappy......:duh: And they just dumped Didi, one of the best left (though not last night). UGH, voters (and judges re: Purifory). :mad:

Tim and Andrew have got to be 2 of the worst Top 9 finalists of any season. John Stevens and Scott Savol are a couple who were maybe as bad....but I can't think of too many others...

I actually think Katie is finding her footing and at this point I can envision her making top 5. I see her sounding a bit better every week and I think she could make a Kim Locke/Syesha type turnaround (though she's not nearly as good as either of those). A lot depends on Casey and Aaron who mostly bore me but do well enough and are cute enough to hold on each week. Tim and Andrew have got to be the next to go. I can't imagine who else....but then I never saw Didi's oust coming until it ran me over.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  20. uyeahu

uyeahu Agitator. Sharpie lover (figuratively speaking).

I find this statement hilarious. How soon we forget the likes of Ryan Starr, Haley Scarnato, Mikalah Gordon, Carmen Rasmusen, Camille Velasco, and Corey Clark.

And I'm sure I missed a few since I skipped a couple of seasons and left out the easy punchlines (Sanjaya, John Stevens, Gokey, etc). My point is, there have been MUCH WORSE contestants than Andrew. There have been much better too, but I'm not ready to relegate him to the Ryan Starr bin yet. And it's all relative. It pained me to list some of the ones above because I wanted them to do better. I liked Camille Velasco despite her enunciation issues (Allison had NOTHING on Camille) and even John Stevens had his share of Idol moments.

ETA: And how could I forget Nikki McKibbin and Jim Verraros.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  21. Cheylana

I think Katelyn and Alex definitely should have made it to the Top 12, but I can't complain because I didn't vote.

I think Didi dug a bit of a grave for herself starting last week when she complained that she didn't know what the judges wanted from her. I'm sure she was sincere in her confusion but it came off a little whiny, which voters hate.

22. Cheylana

I get what you're saying, but what has made it so painful is that there's sooo much cannon fodder in this single season. Yeah, you had the inevitable John Stevens or Carmen Rasmussen in every season, but it's like we have 6-7 Carmens this time around.

23. MarieM

MarieM Well-Known Member

I can't believe the most amazing girl was voted out. Come on. Didi ?!

24. soxxy

soxxy Guest

I'm just curious why you say this. He seems a bit clueless to me and not very talented......but sweet, maybe?

25. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

This is what I would like to see happen, but I don't have a lot of confidence in the American public.

Yes, every season we get some real stinkers in the top 12, but this season we've had more and the early elimination of Lilly, Katelynn, Alex, and Didi is not helping things.

I'm not at all convinced that Crystal is going to win. In fact, I'd bet a guy is going to win during this "year of the girls." I think Crystal may be the only female in top five and I wouldn't even be surprised if the final four were Aaron, Mike, Casey, and Lee, though I do think Crystal will last a little longer than that unless people start assuming she's safe. The girls are dropping like flies despite crap performances from Tim and very mediocre performances by Andrew.

26. Cheylana

I don't mean Andrew is a loathsome person, but I do find his performances loathsome, very mediocre....

27. AshleyN

AshleyN Well-Known Member

Ugh, this season just keeps getting worse. Didi was crap this week, but she was one of the few contestants who was somewhat interesting and had potential. Yet she goes home before prom queen Katie and emo hair Tim??? Seriously?!

If Siobhan doesn't pick it up again next week I may just start skipping the show itself and catching Crystal's performances online.

28. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I never saw anything in Didi so I am really confused by all the wuzrobbing with her elimination. I see no difference in whether she went this week or in 3 weeks. She did have a different voice but it was still not a very good one and she had such a limited range. I winced often during her performances when she struggled to get to those higher notes. There is such a clear bottom tier and top tier this year, she was definitely in the bottom for me so I don't care when she went home so long as it was before anyone in the top tier.

29. Cheylana

Honestly I'm struggling to figure out who the top tier even is (aside from Crystal) :p

30. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

That's pretty much my thought. Tim, Andrew, Katie can all go, although I'd prefer Tim went first. If Shioban continues down the path she's been on the last two weeks, she can join the loser list. I like Mike and Lee and Casey can be OK. I agree with Allskate that Crystal is unlikely to win. You can't just sing. You've got to convince people that they should bother picking up the phone and vote.