American Idol (March 23 - 24) - The Top 11 - Whose Download Will Be A Billboard #1?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by PeterG, Mar 23, 2010.

?

Who Performed Well Enough To Hit #1 On Billboard? (Vote For All 11 If You Like)

1. Aaron Kelly

7 vote(s)
    12.7%
  2. Andrew Garcia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Casey James

12 vote(s)
    21.8%
  4. Crystal Bowersox

41 vote(s)
    74.5%
  5. Didi Benami

7 vote(s)
    12.7%
  6. Katie Stevens

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  7. Lee DeWyze

8 vote(s)
    14.5%
  8. Michael Lynche

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  9. Paige Miles

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Siobhan Magnus

18 vote(s)
    32.7%
  11. Tim Urban

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  12. None Of These 11 Will Ever Hit #1 On Billboard (Based On Tonight, Anyway!)

10 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

are they really going on tour with unequal genders? doesnt that upset their Up With People choreography?
  2. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Demi Lovato? Is she from Disney too?
  3. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

I just hauled MiniCyn in to the room, who rolled her eyes at clueless Mom for not knowing that was Joe Jonas.

The girl was Demi Lovato (sp?) - according to my kid, she's the heir apparent to the Hillary Duff/Miley Cyrus pop pwincesses.
  4. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

That was kind of Simon..really it was.
  5. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm Well-Known Member

I guess somebody's gonna have to swing both ways.
  6. my little pony

at least this Demi person is kind of cute and looks to be recently bathed
  7. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Wow, no pretense of considering the save!! :respec: On the downside, she still has to perform, but at least its not Against All Odds...
  8. pollyanna

pollyanna Don't blink

ZOMG I hope not. She was wretched. Sang flat most of the time.

{{{Paige}}} I did not watch early rounds. Was she better when she didn't have laryngitis?

It really was, I approve.
  9. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Paige singing again? :yikes: :scream:

Oh thank god, she's at least not singing Against All Odds.

Then again, she's slaughtering Free's All Right Now, part of the roller-rink soundtrack of my youth :mad: :wall: .
  10. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I thought she was better when she did have the laryngitis (and the safari over tights outfit!) :scream:
  11. my little pony

I vote Aaron :)
  12. uyeahu

uyeahu Agitator. Sharpie lover (figuratively speaking).

Don't they usually bring some of the also rans in to fill in and give voice rest to the bottom 5 and mix things up? Even though they make a big deal of it just being the top 10 going on tour, I seem to recall some lower place finishers being on the bill when Idol was rolling through their state/region.

ETA: My point being that this opens them up to add Lilly and/or Katelyn to the tour to even things up.
  13. shuilee

shuilee New Member

Nope. Last year, they had 7 guys and 3 girls for the AI8 tour. This year should be easier with 6 guys and 4 girls.
  14. shuilee

shuilee New Member

Who are the next to go? Tim, Andrew and Katie look like the most likely to leave. Kinda reminds me of last year when Michael, Megan Joy and Scott left in the #10-#8 slots. There's a huge gap in talent between Top 7 and #8-#10.
  15. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

Just stopping by to ask: Andrew not in the bottom 3? Who the hell is voting for this guy? He can't sing, the Paul Abdul cover was grossly overrated, he destroyed Marvin Gaye's song last night and his head looks like a marshmallow with enormous glasses. WHO is voting for this guy?!?
  16. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

:lol: Marshmallow with glasses. Maybe he's got the 'inked' crowd wrapped up?
  17. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

:lol: You summed it up. My bf said he looks looks a communist leader! That cracked me up. He is awful, just awful, perhaps the worst to ever be on the show IMO because he lacks the ability to sing a melody. Something about his phrasing is very very odd. I haven't heard him just sing a song, I don't think he has the ability.
  18. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I feel like you could substitute several of this years finalists for Andrew in this statement. :(
  19. Aaron W

Aaron W New Member

Are you forgetting about Sanjaya? :scream:
  20. shan

shan Well-Known Member

21. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

u made me click on it. UR EVIL! :p

:EVILLE:
  22. BigB08822

Nope. I am being honest here. Sanjaya had an awful voice but he did occasionally sing in tune and kept the melody flowing. Andrew can't do that. It is the oddest thing I have ever heard and it wasn't really obvious to me until this week's performance. Then I went back and listened to his other songs, including Straight Up, and realized it is how he sings. I wish I could explain it but there is something really really odd about how he sings. It is as if a zombie is singing.
  23. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

So, Paige was booted? I saved myself and watched Modern Family instead, which made me laugh in a funny way not in an OMG way like AI would have done.
  24. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm Well-Known Member

I wonder if anyone will ever perform "In the Moonlight" on AI.
  25. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

Yes, because she was horrid. And Simon didn't even give her a chance to sing for her life - he told her, up front, that she didn't stand a chance in hell of being saved, so not to bother.
  26. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

I did the same thing. Turned to Idol just in time to see Miley having convulsions. Is that her version of the Taylor Swift head bang/hair throw?

Paige deserved to go home. She actually sounded better in her sing off, but she hadn't had one single good performance. Simon is probably glad she's gone so he isn't constantly reminded of how stupid he was for thinking she had the best voice of the girls.

The song list for next week is up at Itunes. The Weight is on the list because Aretha Franklin covered it. I would love to hear Crystal do that, but she said she was going to do something really different. I'd like to hear Lee do Mustang Sally.

We're probably going to see some great classics butchered next week.

MJ wrote down the list here:

http://mjsbigblog.com/american-idol-top-10-theme-rb-featuring-usher.htm#more-21682
  27. BigB08822

For Crystal I choose "People Get Ready" It is a beautiful song and perfect for her if she goes the Eva Cassidy route with it. The only thing is she said she was doing something quite different so that means I am probably way off base. Unless her idea of different is just no guitar and sitting on a stool?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeU9MZc0dGw
  28. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Probably. There are some great songs that just because they were first recorded 20-30 years ago, wouldn't still be good radio hits if sung well. In fact, this was where Kris started getting attention last year with his Al Green cover. Sigh. My expectations are low, however, so I won't be too disappointed.
  29. fenway2

fenway2 Well-Known Member

That was seriously one of the worst Top 12 performances I remember in recent history. Oh Paige.
  30. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Clash with DWTS

Not sure if this has been mentioned earlier:

Looks like DWTS Tuesday night's results shows at 8 will clash with AI's one or two hour comp. shows. I don't remember this happening before. ABC is putting Lost on at 9 and V at 10 pm. Hopefully this will change at some point.