American Idol Finals - May 25 and 26 (All Mediocre Things Must Come To An End)

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by PeterG, May 25, 2010.

?

Who Deserves To Wear The Crown Wednesday Night? (Non-Annonmyous Poll)

1. Crystal Bowersox

94.8%
  2. Lee DeWyze

5.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Random mjsbigblog news…

reference to a tweet that “Fox 11 News just said Lee & Crystal will sing 3 songs each tomorrow – winner’s song, producer’s pick and contestant’s choice.”

Hollywood Life is reporting that Lee Dwyze and Crystal Bowersox will sing with Joe Cocker at the Idol finale! !

People magazine reported that Paula Abdul will appear to help send off Simon Cowell. At the very least, she will probably appear in a video tribute.

Janet Jackson will perform on the results show.

“Seems the Christina Aguilera rumor is true.. as we hear the gals practicing Stronger! Sounds Good!”

“Rehearsals going on… The Boys are practicing a rendition of “Pants on the Ground!!!”

Idol Tracker reports that the Melissa Etheridge/Crystal Bowersox duet may be back on the table (The appearance contract Etheridge signed with Dancing With The Stars would not allow her to appear on the Idol finale)”

AI.com makes hints as to what Lee DeWyze will sing tonight:

Song #1: “He is going to be put into a rink and fight it out or he doesn’t have to think outside the box for this song”
    Song #2: “Everybody might hurt after this song.”
    Song #3: “He might have an awful day.”

“The third song they are both singing. However it was not a song just written for them. It did play a big part in American Idols past.”

Who Simon Thinks Will Win
    http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/100525/entertainment/centertainment_us_idol

VOTE FOR THE WORST'S NEW PICK...............

David Archuleta new song “If I Could Only Be”
    http://mjsbigblog.com/david-archuleta-performs-at-idol-vip-party-at-elevate-video.htm

Why Simon Is Leaving American Idol
    http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/accessho..._leaving__idol____i_can_t_hide_when_i_m_bored

Paula Abdul Returning to TV
    http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/100524/entertainment/us_tv_paula_abdul

2. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

When I think of Crystal, Joe Cocker does not spring to mind. :confused:

Thinking about Paula, I wonder how this season would have been different if she had been there. Maybe there would have been more balance. Her approach is a counter to the pompous, self-absorbed on one half of the judging panel. She has also has a better ability than Kara and Simon to see beyond her own personal tastes, so we might have seen more diversity amongst the singers and the judging. She probably wouldn't have been so quick to criticize some of the contestants for performing the kind of stuff that got them to the top 12. (Like Tyler Grady and Katie). She might even have encouraged Casey to some bluesy rock. She's a nutcase, but she's isn't boring.

If that second clue for Lee is right,
    which I assume means Everybody Hurts by REM,
    then I think that will help them promote him as the sensitive nice paintstore salesman, but I'm not sure he has the vocal control and pitch for that song. I'm sure the first clue is right and he'll be reprising that song.

ETA: Crystal just tweeted this:
    “This morning was rough. But like anything else in life you just keep on keeping on with love in your heart. I love you guys and I need all the support I can get, and not just votes. But those are good too! Thank you all for getting me this far and hopefully all the way! A million hugs for you.”

I hope she's not having health problems. Maybe they just gave her a tough song for her to sing.

3. Kruss

Kruss Well-Known Member

I'm in semi-anguish as there's no indication yet of David Cook being there for the finale. I know he's not singing, but to not be there at all? :drama:

However, I'm holding out hope at a few surprises. Wouldn't it amazing to have all 8 past winners there? Doubt it would happen, but would be cool.

By the way,
    I heard that the contestants' choice can be a repeat, a new song, or an original. I'd love to have Crystal close the show with "Holy Toledo".

4. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Nice to see that Simon is aiming the bus right at Crystal :mad: :blah:

5. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

Joe Cocker? Really? I know I'll wind up watching the finale, but I can't guarantee that I won't be cleaning my toilet at the same time...

6. Allskate

VFTW and Simon are supporting the same singer. :lol:

I would love it if Crystal and Lee each sang one of their originals for their final song instead of the usual crap coronation song. They write better than Kara and her buddies do.

I feel bad for Kris that he's got to sing The Truth. There are a bunch of better song choices on his album. What's up with the singles choices for him and Adam?

7. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

Then you'll be hoping he sings "She Came in Through the Bathroom window"?

8. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

I thought about this earlier at work and came here to post the exact same thing. Since both Lee and Crystal write their own music, how about letting them perform an original that they want to do as their very first single instead of the sunflower-daisies with bastard-ass rainbows coronation song?? Perhaps, though, that gives them a little bit too much lee-way from the iron grip the recording companies have on them afterwards.. it'd be nice if they let them, though.

9. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Who was curse with writing this year's "There Are No Boundaries to the Rainbows Inside Your Hoo-Ha" coronation song?

I don't think I'll be able to survive another POS Kara DiGargoyle nightmare :scream: .

10. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

Read on Top Idol that the rumor going around is that Canadian Chantel Kreviazuk wrote the coronation song "Ever Since Tomorrow".

Have no idea if this is true or not; I guess we'll see in a bit!!

11. Allskate

According to MJ, that rumor is not true.

12. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

Here is the song list from TMZ:

Lee: "The Boxer," "Everybody Hurts," and coronation song "Beautiful Day"
    Crystal: "Me and Bobby McGee," "Black Velvet," and her coronation song "Up To The Mountain"

Everybody Hurts and Black Velvet are Fuller picks.

13. rjblue

rjblue Re-registered User

Clay is in LA too, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he's on the show. (Quiana Parler is with him, so he must be singing somewhere). His new CD- Tried and True comes out next Tuesday, and it'd be a bit of promotion for him.

I hope Crystal outperforms Lee tonight, because I think he'd be the most disappointing winner since Taylor Hicks.

14. PrincessLeppard

Ahem, y'all. It's a MAGIC rainbow. It's special. It's not like it's some ordinary, average run of the mill rainbow.

It was magic. Really.

(I love that in interviews, David Cook says he "thought the time signature of the song was interesting." Because, really, what else can you say about it? :rofl: )

15. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

Ho, ho, ho,
    It's magic. You know
    Never believe it's not so.
    It's magic.....:D

gonna go watch now

16. Allskate

Fuller's picks make sense, but they are tough to sing. Are the coronation songs covers or cheesy originals?

17. Fridge_Break

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: at Crystal's repeat song! That's my favorite performance of her's all season long!

18. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Good lord, the Nokia Theatre seems absolutely monstrous in size compared to AI's "home" venue.

Hopefully that will intimidate the crap out of Lee and decimate his ersatz "confidence" that TPTB manufactured for the Pillsbury Doughboy :EVILLE:

19. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Crystal got a bit confused there.

20. rjblue

rjblue Re-registered User

Also-Crystal couldn't decide which of Stevie Nick's dresses to borrow, so she wore several of them at once.

21. Allskate

What confused her?

22. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

I'm getting frickin' sick and tired of iconic movies from my youth being remade (rant courtesy of the ad for The Karate Kid just shown). What's next, a remake of Sixteen Candles? :yikes: :wall:

23. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm Well-Known Member

When she was coming down the aisle, she went past the mark where she was supposed to stop and had to go back.

ITA, but partly because it makes me feel really old when movies I grew up with are old enough to be remade.

24. PrincessLeppard

*snicker*

David Cook started out sort tubby, but slimmed down. The contest does not appear to have had that effect on Lee....

Lee singing now. :yawn:

25. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Lee sings The Boxer. It's short and nothing special. He needs to learn to perform.

26. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

Lee was ok, not particularly exciting, nothing too memorable.

27. Fridge_Break

I know most people here don't like Lee very much, but I love that song a lot.

28. Allskate

But, it's representative of how much he's overcome. It's tough being a paint salesman!

I actually think it was a very smart choice for him.

29. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

It finally hit me last night (while watching DWTS) as to who Lee reminds me of......Kevin Bacon's doofus friend "Willard" from the movie Footloose - he has that same clueless, dorky, just-rolled-out-of-bed and behind-the-joke slack-jawed expression on his face 9/10 of the time.

I missed Lee's original performance of The Boxer, so I can't compare this to the first one, but......meh. That was like Ambien, especially compared to the immortal version of Simon and Garfunkel.

Glad to see that Randy wasn't overly enamored. Ellen of course is bathing her with her tongue. Kara agrees with Randy but still gives him props for being connected. Simon, "being honest" expected more passion and likens it to a kiss on the cheek when he wanted a kiss on the mouth.

Please please please, Crystal, knock their Bowersox off now!!!!

30. PrincessLeppard

Simon speaks the truth! Holy cow. Says Lee lacks passion, to put it in my own words.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.