American Idol (April 6-7) - The Top 9 (Oh! Darlin’…Beware of Simon’s Silver Hammer!)

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by PeterG, Apr 6, 2010.

?

Whose Performance Will You Listen To Eight Days A Week? (Vote For Everybody You Like

1. Aaron Kelly

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  2. Andrew Garcia

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  3. Casey James

37 vote(s)
    55.2%
  4. Crystal Bowersox

49 vote(s)
    73.1%
  5. Katie Stevens

18 vote(s)
    26.9%
  6. Lee DeWyze

21 vote(s)
    31.3%
  7. Michael Lynche

11 vote(s)
    16.4%
  8. Siobhan Magnus

20 vote(s)
    29.9%
  9. Tim Urban

9 vote(s)
    13.4%
  10. Strawberry Fields Forever… (I Enjoyed Everybody Tonight)

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  11. Everybody Sucked (My Guitar Is Doing More Than Just Weeping Gently!!)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. I Watched ABC Instead

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

SNARK ALERT!!!!!!

Am I the only person who has yet to see a great performance from Lee? I was thinking last night, "I can't wait until this season ends so that Lee can very quickly fade into obscurity". If he gets ANY kind of record deal, I will be shocked. He has no personality or stage presence and his only asset is that he (boringly) hits most notes correctly... :bigyawn:

I've been wondering for a while... Is Mike even muscular? Isn't he just FAT? Any muscles he has are ones necessary to carry his over-weighted-ness... :scream:

I would never pick someone like Mike as a personal trainer. I'd just think to myself, "diet for a year and then get back to me..."

:eek:

Imagine is a bad song like Frank Sinatra is a bad singer and Meryl Streep is a bad actress... :eek:

Andrew Garcia is not caucasian.

:wuzrobbed:

I was very much hoping to see Adam do something non-family-friendly with Casey... :swoon:
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
    LynnW and (deleted member) like this.
  2. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

that's what I said
  3. Jayar

Jayar Well-Known Member

Mike is a power lifter. They are usually quite huge... and they can appear overweight. He would need to 'eat clean' for about 2 months to be lean, but he would still be ginormous.
  4. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

What???

:confused:
  5. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

:rofl: How did I never know this. Seriously ... I didn't! :duh:
  6. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

I liked "Treat her Like a Lady." I even bought it. :shuffle:

:grope:

You were selectively edited. :p
  7. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

Lee is the guy I want to like, since he seems so sensitive, but I can't get there. I keep waiting for this great talent to burst out of his nervous, stage-frightened shell. Having said that, whatever he sang last week was pretty good. (Or maybe not, since I can't remember what he actually sang!) This week he was horrible... and horribly overpraised. It's like they're gentle on him so as not to crush his spirit or something.

I hope Adam gets to spend quality time with the kids. Seems like most mentors spend just enough time with each kid to get the camera shots in. But if Adam really spent the week with them, gave them real-life advice about relaxing, pacing themselves not to burn out, etc., as well as how to shine on stage, create a "moment," technical advice about conserving their throats and stuff, that would be great!
  8. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:eek: on stage????
  9. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

Yeah. I would elaborate, but I don't wanna get yelled at again in ALL CAPS for "shipping" contestants.
  10. cailuj365

cailuj365 New Member

I want to see Big Mike power lift Adam on stage. :rofl:
  11. Kruss

Kruss Well-Known Member

I didn't say it was a bad song. I said I didn't like it. :)

(At least I didn't say what I said on twitter, that I hate it with the fire of 1000 suns.) :shuffle: :lol:
  12. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

I don't know, I can totally understand why people love that song, but I think it's kind of trite and simplistic.
  13. RoseAugust

RoseAugust New Member

I also don't like "Imagine". I just don't get it. It paints a world without diversity. People sure do love it though, so whatever.
  14. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Why don't they do it in the road? ;)
  15. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

With Sexy Sadie.
  16. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Is she the bathroom window chick??
  17. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Well, she said she was a dancer and worked at 15 clubs a day while her guitar gently wept, but I really don't know the answer.
  18. cailuj365

cailuj365 New Member

I'm pretty sure now that the theme next week is Elvis. What the heck with all the bloggers being so secret-y about it and AI calling it extra-special if it's been done before?

From this guy's twitter (@Norm_Clarke):
    If anyone's wondering, I think Adam literally did get off the plane. I don't know if Adam directly said that to Mike or if that's just Norm's wishes. And uh oh, did Kradam break up? The long-distance thing is hard to do after leaving American Idol High. :p

I can't find the tweet right now, but apparently, another AI finalist is going to be on the results show covering an Elvis song. They honestly have to stop doing that. If past contestants want to be seen as original musicians, AI has to have them sing their own stuff! WTH?

Edit: Okay, nevermind. Found out what the "snippy" thing. It wasn't snippy at all and self-deprecating on Kris' part actually. The bromance is still strong. Keep in mind that this guy is a gossip columnist.
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  19. cailuj365

cailuj365 New Member

Okay, ignore all of those tweets from that guy. I don't think any of that is true, haha. Sorry!