American Idol (April 6-7) - The Top 9 (Oh! Darlin’…Beware of Simon’s Silver Hammer!)

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by PeterG, Apr 6, 2010.

?

Whose Performance Will You Listen To Eight Days A Week? (Vote For Everybody You Like

1. Aaron Kelly

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  2. Andrew Garcia

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  3. Casey James

37 vote(s)
    55.2%
  4. Crystal Bowersox

49 vote(s)
    73.1%
  5. Katie Stevens

18 vote(s)
    26.9%
  6. Lee DeWyze

21 vote(s)
    31.3%
  7. Michael Lynche

11 vote(s)
    16.4%
  8. Siobhan Magnus

20 vote(s)
    29.9%
  9. Tim Urban

9 vote(s)
    13.4%
  10. Strawberry Fields Forever… (I Enjoyed Everybody Tonight)

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  11. Everybody Sucked (My Guitar Is Doing More Than Just Weeping Gently!!)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. I Watched ABC Instead

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

How in the world is that Tim kid still on this show? He's extremely not good.

2. slicekw

slicekw #FixingTheInternet

not sure about the theme, but it's leaked that Adam Lambert will be family-friendly and the advisor.

3. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

Andrew and anyone not named Crystal works for me! :lol:

4. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Two go next week so there's hope yet that AndyTim will go away.

5. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

Me too. No doubt. I was happy they did so.

6. soxxy

soxxy Guest

I'm surprised Michael got the lowest number of votes.

7. pollyanna

pollyanna playing the Glad Game

11 year old girls?

8. rfisher

I think he and the networks have learned their lesson. :lol:

9. mikey

mikey ...an acquired taste

As soon as they sent Tim Urban to the good group, I knew it was going to be a "save" week. Manipulation...

10. AshleyN

AshleyN Well-Known Member

Crystal must be polling very well. I think she's the only one they'd really be worried about getting the boot this soon. A couple of weeks ago I would have said Siobhan too but given how she's fallen off a little bit, I don't think so anymore.

Anways, I guess he deserved to be saved, I'm not really a fan but he's certainly better than some of the others still there. But man, could he possibly have come across any douchier after they did save him?

11. rjblue

rjblue Re-registered User

Rihanna was awful. Archie was quite pleasant, and if I liked that song I would have enjoyed that.

It seems like so many of todays popstars are so determined to WOW people with a show that they forget that on live TV they need to be able to sing. They all need to sit down and watch the T.A.M.I. Show on PBS during the next pledge drive and watch the Beach Boys sing their amazing harmonies live. And then go take some voice lessons.

I'm glad they saved Michael for another week. It keeps a little variety in the cast and I like his R&B style.

12. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm Well-Known Member

Damn. I stand corrected.

Since he's one of like 2 or 3 of the remaining contestants who hasn't had a performance that completely sucked, I can see why they saved him.

Yep.

13. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

I don't think the "pecs" comment did him any favors.

Everyone make sure to lob a vote or two at Crystal next week. I called in about ten votes at various times for Lee and his bagpipe player, and had no trouble getting through. No busy signals. Maybe people just aren't voting this season?

14. margu1241

margu1241 New Member

Who was in the bottom three? Andrew, Mike and ?

15. PrincessLeppard

Aaron.

16. shuilee

shuilee Well-Known Member

The judges completely WASTED their "save". Arghhh!! Mike has no chance of winning.

Damn I'm scared Crystal and Siobhan could be eliminated below the Top 5, and there's no more "save" to use anymore. STUPID decision, judges!!

17. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

They must know that Crystal and who ever else they want in the final 3/4/5 are so far ahead in the votes to use the save this early.

not surprised that Timmy wasn't in the bottom 3.

18. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

and/or 80 year old ladies.

19. shuilee

shuilee Well-Known Member

The rumor on Idolforum boards is that the Big 4 (Lee, Crystal, Casey and Siobhan) are way ahead of the rest in vote count this year.

THe judges must know these vote totals ahead of the time, maybe they're not afraid any of these 4 will have a shock elimination....

20. PrincessLeppard

No, but he can sing. Which is more than can be said for some others....

21. cailuj365

cailuj365 Well-Known Member

I'm really late on this, but damn, Archie is small. He's shorter than Seacrest!

Glad that Mike got the save. He didn't deserve to go when Andrew, Tim, Aaron, and Katie are still in the running.

22. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

I don't think people have been voting in rabidly as much as what used to be the usual a few seasons ago. I've voted a few times and haven't had any problems with busy signals. Dial Idol, while the sample size is getting lower and lower, the percentage of busy signals has also dropped significantly over the past few seasons. Is Ryan even announcing the vote totals each week? I haven't seen all of the results shows, but tonight was the first time I even heard a raw number, and even at that, it was the vote total over the course of the season (and to go even further, is quite a bogus statistic seeing that votes do not carry over from week to week).

23. uyeahu

uyeahu Agitator. Sharpie lover (figuratively speaking).

I confess...I haven't been voting. Unless they change the method of voting to something more sane, like the DTWS method of 10 votes only and you can cast them on their website instead of insanely calling over and over again, I probably won't be voting. I'm also just not that invested in any of the cast yet, and I don't have the energy to fend of the army of power-voting tweens.

24. PrincessLeppard

I hadn't been voting, either, but I figured I probably shouldn't sit here and whine about the results if I'm not doing anything to alter them. :lol:

25. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

I also havent heard him say "the most talented cast ever" like they often do

26. rfisher

I don't think he acted inappropriately. He was trying not to cry. What would you expect him to do?

27. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

That sounds like a plausible rumor. Simon knows the vote totals, he has said so in the past, so if he at all thought Crystal/Lee/Siobhan/Casey were in trouble, he would have sent Mike home. Doesn't matter to him at this point who sings 9/8/7/6/ 5on the tour.

But I have to admit, it would be good TV for me to see one of the big four go out before the final 5, just to see his head explode!

28. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I am glad Mike got the save! I think he deserves top 5. He certainly shouldn't go before Tim, Katie or Aaron! After that he can fight with Casey and Siobhan for who goes next. Lee and Crystal are still my pick for final 2 with Lee winning. Crystal is my favorite but Lee fits the mold! I will only regret the save if Crystal or Lee goes but I think the judges know they have a big lead.

29. Kruss

Kruss Not Auto-Tuned

Do you mean "Imagine"? If so, ITA.

30. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

I've always hated Imagine. The only time I didnt was when Jordis sang it on Rock Star.