American Idol (Apr 27/28) That Don't Impress Me Much (or does it?)

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by BigB08822, Apr 27, 2010.

Who did you like? (vote for one or all)

Poll closed May 4, 2010.
  1. Siobhan Magnus

10 vote(s)
    21.3%
  2. Michael Lynche

8 vote(s)
    17.0%
  3. Crystal Bowersox

19 vote(s)
    40.4%
  4. Casey James

30 vote(s)
    63.8%
  5. Lee DeWyze

10 vote(s)
    21.3%
  6. Aaron Kelly

8 vote(s)
    17.0%
  7. I liked them all!

5 vote(s)
    10.6%
  8. They should all go home NOW!

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

are they the spawn of the bitter hausfraus who watch DWTS?

2. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

eys, but moi realized that they're 'mean' not jealous ... pickin' on and not voting the oddball D&D playing girls and boys. :p

(no, she deserved to go ... at least vice casey)

3. mindy74

mindy74 Well-Known Member

Yeah I really liked Siobhan at first, but somewhere she went off the rails. Still think she's adorable, though. I don't even have a favorite anymore, I can watch it with no stress.

4. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

Two seasons in a row for four guys/one girl final five.

Sorry to see Siobhan leave but as long as Lee & Crystal are safe, I'm good.

5. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

I would much rather have seen Mike or Aaron gone, but I'm not too sad about Siobhan. I really liked her early performances of Wicked Game and The House of the Rising Sun, but she really regressed during the course of the season. She didn't seem to understand how to use all the vocal ability she has.

6. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I think that happened in episode two.

It's like Mike said, it's no surprise that one of them will be leaving each week. It is what it is. :lol:

And in the year of the woman, Crystal is the last one standing. AI producers did a fine casting job this season. :rolleyes: I say, fire the producers.

7. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Poor song choices along with trying to incorporate all the feedback, but the feedback from the judges was all over the place, and we have no idea what feedback she got from the vocal coaches and band. With a big voice, you have to be 100% committed 100% of the time. Every time she was unsure, she had an up and down performance. Good to see her go out on Think, though.

8. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

If Lee was in the top three this week, when he was at his weakest, then I can't see him finishing below third. Siobhan wasn't my favorite, but at least she was a little interesting, even when she became predictable. Things could get even more boring.

At this point, the big suspense is whether Lee will find an ounce of charisma, Casey will wear his hair down or in a ponytail, Aaron will play grown up with Frank Sinatra or turn a Sinatra song country, and whether they'll all drop their guitars for Frank Sinatra week. I don't think this is going to be a good week for Casey. The theme is not good for him and he wound up in the bottom three the last two weeks. He may be going home next week.

ETA: According to MJ, Harry Connick Jr is doing the arrangements and orchestrations for the songs, so the guitars are out. :lol:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  9. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

I'm worried for Crystal next week. I don't see Sinatra song book as being a strong suit for her. That would be two weeks in a row that she might be at a disadvantage. Wonder if it's deliberate?

Did anyone else notice that Aaron was the top of the list on DialIdol? :confused:

10. Allskate

Aaron was singing country, got rave reviews from the judges, and probably inherited more tween fandom from Tim. As the season moves on, the text votes count for more. I don't think he's going home soon.

I think Crystal will be fine with the music next week. Vocals will be front and center and she has strong vocals. It's fine that it's not the kind of music she usually sings, especially since that's true for all of them.

11. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

I love Harry Connick Jr, and I LOOOOVE Sinatra.....I just fear I'm not gonna love next week.... :shuffle:

12. cruisin

Why is that?

I sincerely hope so :)!

13. Allskate

Because nearly all the text votes go through. As the season goes on, a smaller percentage of the phone votes go through because of an increase in busy signals.

14. cruisin

Interesting. I have only voted last year and this year. Last year for Adam, this year for Crystal. I noticed that this year, it has been pretty easy to get through. I figured they added lines to help with the volume. Maybe I just started earlier this year :lol:.

15. shuilee

shuilee Well-Known Member

Apparently next week's mentor will be the first IDOL mentor to arrange the songs, write the orchestrations for the contestants and perform.

http://www.foxflash.com/div.php/main/page?aID=1z2z2z258z1z8&ID=6133

This might actually be interesting because I've always wanted the mentors to spend more than 5 minutes on each contestant. It sounds like they'll be collaborating heavily with Harry Connick Jr to come up with song choice, song arrangement, etc.

16. cailuj365

cailuj365 Well-Known Member

Wow, that is interesting! I know some have been pushing for something like this for awhile.

17. cruisin

I love Harry Connick Jr. Regardless of what the contestants do, he'll be a treat.

18. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

Harry went to high school with my brother so I remember him way back when he was a kid. Nice guy who even after living away for years still sounds like a true New Orleanian. Can't wait to see him on idol.

19. cruisin

He gives the impression of being a nice guy. I'm glad to hear that he truly is. Thanks :)