American Idol (Apr 27/28) That Don't Impress Me Much (or does it?)

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by BigB08822, Apr 27, 2010.

Who did you like? (vote for one or all)

Poll closed May 4, 2010.
  1. Siobhan Magnus

10 vote(s)
    21.3%
  2. Michael Lynche

8 vote(s)
    17.0%
  3. Crystal Bowersox

19 vote(s)
    40.4%
  4. Casey James

30 vote(s)
    63.8%
  5. Lee DeWyze

10 vote(s)
    21.3%
  6. Aaron Kelly

8 vote(s)
    17.0%
  7. I liked them all!

5 vote(s)
    10.6%
  8. They should all go home NOW!

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Go ahead, spill it, who impressed or didn't? I will be back to edit in any news I may come across but feel free to share if you have something. I am at school today so will be posting sporadically.

OK! Magazine wrote up a little article that includes hints at song choices. I don't consider it a spoiler because there wasn't nearly enough information to figure out which songs the contestants chose but they did let you know who picked a ballad or more uptempo song. So take a peak if you dare:

http://www.okmagazine.com/2010/04/american-idols-top-six-rehearse-for-shania-twain-week/

Cookie and Allison go out for her birthday, along with some others:

http://mjsbigblog.com/david-cook-kr...ebrate-allisons-birthday-video.htm#more-24255

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  2. BigB08822

Bumping since I edited in some news.

3. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

What, no "Twainweck!" poll selection? :saint:

4. BigB08822

LOL! I wish I had thought of that, Beefcake!

5. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

:lol: But I like Brian's too.

I have very low expectations for tonight. I wish it were a broader country theme because they'd be more likely to choose songs that suit them and because I'd be more likely to enjoy the songs.

A countryish theme should work in Aaron's favor, but I'm hoping he's the one who goes home this week.

6. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Will this season never end?

7. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

From this moment on...let every week be Shania week!!! :D :cheer2: :respec:

Let's be nice this week. If you're not in it for love...I'm outta here!

Honestly, no one needs to know your opinion. :p

8. rfisher

I love you too. Kiss. Kiss.

9. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

Don't Be Stupid (You Know I Love You). Forever and For Always.

10. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

:D Nicely done, PeterG.

11. Allskate

:lol: Is that really a Shania song? Oh, please, please, please let one of the contestants serenade a judge with this. I can just see Mike pointing at Simon and then punching his chest as he sings these lyrics.

ETA: Hey Peter, if you're a country fan, you can check out the new CD from the Dixie Chicks sisters here:

http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds/#/1

They're calling themselves the Courtyard Hounds.

12. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

Am I still...? (I'm setting you up well, no?)

Yup, it's a great one, silly and flippant and one that I think Siobhan could have a lot of fun with. Not right for Mike though...would like to see him doing something that hits a bit harder like, "I'm Gonna Getcha Good!" :respec:

I know! I recorded listened to it yesterday. I'm a total AOL junkie now...every Monday! (P.S. The re-release of Big Audio Dynamite's first CD is up on Spinner. :D)

13. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

these would be funny if you found a group of people who knew any of her songs :p

14. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:barrel Speak for yourself. The woman in me is offended. :p

15. cailuj365

cailuj365 Well-Known Member

Is Allison 18 already? I thought she was 16 when she was on the show!

16. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

So sweet. (Love gets me every time.) Luckily there's a few posters on here with a pulse. :)

:40beers:

17. my little pony

I guess it gives them the strength to google her greatest hits

18. rfisher

Man, I Feel Like a Woman. :D

19. cailuj365

Is Shania promoting anything or is she just here because they asked her to mentor? I heard she wasn't performing tomorrow.

I don't know if this was mentioned because I wasn't around for last week's episode, but due to Adam's performance on Idol a few weeks ago, he cracked the top ten on Billboard Hot 100! Great bump for him, because the song has already peaked on Top 40 radio. Since the performance, it hasn't left the top 10 in iTunes though (though it probably will tonight due to Glee), which is amazing, and it's doing awesomely well overseas. So happy for him!

20. Allskate

She turned 17 while she was on the show.

:lol: If we cared enough to learn what they were. :lol: Are there really enough to make an entire Greatest Hits album? I'm only aware of a few of them.

21. cailuj365

Ohhh right, right, how could I forget the Danny Gokey birthday cake fight...

22. my little pony

Jon Park, wait until she finds out he's gone :yikes:

23. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

:) Say what you will, I like Shania. Even though the woman English major in me wishes she'd use a few less exclamation points in her titles. She's got some catchy songs, and she has fun and doesn't take herself too seriously. Unlike Faith Hill, who makes me :scream: .

As for promoting, I hear she's working on new songs but hasn't got anything ready to promote yet.

24. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

Why did you remind me of that???? I had it all blocked out!!! The only cake event I had in my mind was from Rock Star that involved lots of boys in their underpants in a shower!! And now I've Danny inappropriately mauling Allison there instead! :scream:

On a more positive note, numbers and I are going to glitter the place up when Adam and Allison are here on June 10th. Sparkle on that, bitchez. :encore:

In random former contestant gossip, Jennifer Hudson stayed at my sister's hotel and quite the diva-esque list of demands. Including the room maintained at a certain temperature without the air conditioning being turned on. Babe, you're in Las Vegas. Without the AC, your room is in the low 90s.

25. Allskate

She is fun. But that doesn't mean her music is a good choice for a theme on AI. I'm trying to imagine someone like Lee or Mike having fun with the Shania songs I know, and I just don't see it going well. Hopefully they'll find something that works for them. I actually am hoping that Crystal does a really fun and uptempo song because I'd like to see more of that side of her.

26. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

I'd like for Lee to do "Rock This Country"...don't think it was ever released as a single, though. (And David Cook would probably do it much better than Lee. Just sayin'... :shuffle:

Shania's 2004 Greatest Hits CD has gone four times platinum. The last certification was April 2008 so the sale might be nearing 5,000,000 by now. :D

:lol: Honey...I'm Home!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  27. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Woot!! Here we go!!

Casey seems to have lost his flatiron....

Shania's not my cup of tea, but she looks great. Hopefully she'll be a good mentor. I didn't see her during the audition rounds as I avoid those like the plague.

28. Allskate

PL, a lot of people with allergies (which can affect the voice) do not do well with air conditioning. They'd rather deal with the heat than the allergies.

And all of these songs actually were hits before she released the greatest hits album? Huh. Who knew. I didn't realize her career had lasted that long.

29. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

This really is going to be a trainwreck evening. Not that most of them haven't been.

30. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Lee did well on Still the One, however he seemed to hit some odd notes here and there.