American Idol 2013: I wsh I knew how to quit you...

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by LuckyCharm, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shan

shan Well-Known Member

What did Janelle do besides walk around high fiving everyone? I was on the phone and watched on mute. How'd she do?

2. rjblue

rjblue Re-registered User

Candice- wow...

eta- But I'll translate the sub-text of the judges comments. "You sing beautifully, but you aren't going to win."

3. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Candice was the best of bunch (well I didn't hear Janelle). Did she get the same type of praise that Amber received?

4. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Burt Bacharach songs usually give me hives, but Kree's and Candice's renditions tonight were stunning -- they're both so far ahead of the rest of the pack it's ri-di-cu-lous.

Angie was boring and robotic, and Mariah/Keith both hit it on the head in that she has zero emotion and connection to the lyrics she's singing. It's about damn time the judges said something about that, but it needs to be said to all of them, Kree and Candice being the exceptions.

Lazaro was absolutely painful to watch and listen to :scream: :yikes:. I tried to get through it but switched over to Braveheart about halfway through. As far as what the judges said about him, I only caught the last bit of Mariah's comment and then Keith's....what did Randy say about it? (I'm assuming that whatever that bit that Nikki Minaj quickly said right after Keith was along the lines of "that sucked so badly I'm not going to say a damn thing, otherwise I'll be tearing you a new o-- no, make that several new ones."

5. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

I will vote for whichever of these twits choose a non-ballad. Even though I love the song that Lazaro is going to murder torture "sing."

6. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Candice was phenomenal. I would argue that it was one of the best vocals in the history of the show. It was THAT good. Maybe not the most memorable performance or anything but from a vocal standpoint it was simply one of the best...ever!

7. rjblue

rjblue Re-registered User

Lazaro is not going to sing "Angels" is he? Because that should be illegal.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  8. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:yikes: I'm cringing already.

Angie does so much better at the piano.

9. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I'm not getting the love for Amber. That vocal didn't sound very good to me. Why are they pushing her so hard?

10. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

Well, it was better than his first song. For whatever that's worth.

11. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

those of you who dont like lazaro must not get non threatening boys magazine

12. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

They're blinded by her beautiful long legs? Honestly, I do think that a big reason they like Amber is because they think she's got a marketable look.

13. my little pony

every week im completely surprised her name is amber, i find her very competent but totally forgettable

14. shan

shan Well-Known Member

She's so low key, but I just love Kree's voice. It's beautiful.

15. my little pony

kree has the ability to make me love songs i have always hated

Cyn and (deleted member) like this.
  16. shan

shan Well-Known Member

This Garth Brooks song always makes me :(

17. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

This song is a heart-tugger.. The Dance by Garth Brooks

18. my little pony

i dont know this song either mimi. but i'm glad it's over.

19. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Okay not so :( when Janelle sings it.

Garth Brooks' video to it, makes me :wuzrobbed

20. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

It's a beautiful song, you should listen to it and the lyrics are just so good.

http://youtu.be/k7FRbeaXjvk

21. my little pony

god damn it candice you just kicked that song in the ass, grabbed it by the throat and strangled the life out of it

22. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

I'm bowing at home.

Candace did a freaking Cure Song and TORE IT UP!!!!

23. 4rkidz

4rkidz plotting, planning and travelling

Candice blew them all away.. Can't believe that Lazarro guy is still in it.. like a different class to the girls singing abilities.. in general all the girls are very good and I wouldn't go nuts as long as one of the women win.. talent wise it should be Candice hands down.. but it American 'idol' not American 'talent'.. either way even if she doesn't win she is going to have an amazing career.. and I love her lipstick.. just had to add that :)

24. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

Mariah showered her with glitter and Candace deserved it.

I don't think I"ve ever heard a Cure song on the AI.

Candace is an ARTIST.

25. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Candice's style of singing is not my thing, not by a long shot, but ho-lee sheeeyett, she blew the goddamn roof off with that rendition of Lovesong.

If there is some sort of merciful deity out there, Lazaro will be riding home on the bus that ran repeatedly (and deservedly) over him tonight. He was just dreadful :scream:.

Angie/Amber/Janelle are all pretty much "interchangeable meh" at this point.

26. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Candice was supernatural.

27. moebius

moebius Well-Known Member

I'm hoping Lazaro would be in the bottom just to see if the judges would use the 'save' on him, since this is the last week to use the save.

28. mindy74

mindy74 Well-Known Member

Candice and Kree are way above the others, IMO. Add me to the list of those who doesn't get the OTT praise that Amber receives. She's good and all but I thought her first performance was only ok, not anything to deserve Nicki's "you are my favorite girl!"

Lazaro needs to go. It is painful to watch him while the judges tear his performances apart (deservedly so). I just get really bad second hand embarrassment.

29. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

I'm not really a country fan but Kree is my favorite. I just love the low-key way she sings. She's not bombastic or diva-like in the least. Her first song was miles better than Jackie DeShannon's version. When that song came out I thought it was kind of boring and sing-songy but Kree made it beautiful. And her 2nd song brought tears to my eyes. I've never heard it sung with so much longing.

Candice was phenomenal in her 2nd song. I thought Kree took the 1st round & Candice took the 2nd. I actually like Amber a lot, in fact, much better than Angie. I really liked her 1st song although she's had better nights. My favorite of her performances are "She's Leaving Home" & "Lately".

30. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

CANDICE!!! She is a goddess. What an amazing rendition of "Love Song"!!! Far and away my favorite contestant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.