American Idol 2013: I wsh I knew how to quit you...

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by LuckyCharm, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

The public is to blame for continuing to "hold up" Lazaro; even though the producers never should have put him through.
    Voters, do you really want to hear him struggle?

Can AI afford another "winner" whose career goes nowhere?

2. merrywidow

merrywidow Well-Known Member

Doggone it! After Devin was eliminated I stopped watching but I meant to go back & vote for Lazaro & I forgot. IMO it would serve the judges & producers right for trying to manipulate a winner to have Lazaro win. I tho't from the beginning they were promoting a black winner, preferably a woman & that's why they passed over so many talented young men during auditions. If these are the same judges next year I certainly won't bother watching AI again.

3. Tesla

Tesla Whippet Good

It would be AI's own fault.

Exactly. It's their fault for picking cannon fodder. If they picked all talented contestants instead of trying to stack the deck, no one would be screaming. All the outrage (not just here) just amazes me because doesn't this always happen on AI? They always try to stack the deck and it's about time it severely bites them in the ass. And really? Until Lazaro outstays a woman, it don't see this as any worse than past seasons. None of the guys were really that great. To me Devin is a Pia, talented but boring.

4. sk9tingfan

sk9tingfan Well-Known Member

Lazaroflation to the nth degree. He is one of the worst top 10 contestants I have ever seen on AI. He has almost no voice, a lack of technical ability to sing some of the melodies within the songs that he selects, etc. etc. I was so digusted last night that I stopped watching the results show.:mad:

Rex and (deleted member) like this.
  5. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Anybody remember Leah LaBelle from Season 3? She has a new song that I think is amazing! Leah LaBelle - Lolita. It's her second single and is audio only. Her first single has an official video, which I don't like as much...but it could easily grow on me... Leah LaBelle - Sexify.

6. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

it was only based on this week wasnt it? i like candice but her satisfaction had me feeling like i was waiting for someone at the borgata

peter, this new song is much more fun than sexify. i still think vladowski is a better name than labelle though.

7. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

No, I don't think it was just this week. I seem to remember Keith referring to their performances so far. In any event, I preferred Candice to Angie this week. But, then again, I've never really understood the Angie love.

8. taf2002

taf2002 Texas slumlord

I don't think we can blame Lazaro on teen girls. VFTW is really behind him & voting their fingers off. But of course it's the judges fault he survived Hollywood week.

9. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that the lists were SUPPOSED to be for the week only but then Keith went on a spiel about it being an overall ranking. I'm unsure how the other judges took it, though.

10. moebius

moebius Well-Known Member

Don't worry. Lazaro won't win. He's just another Sanjaya, not another Lee. Lazaro hasn't been getting high praises, but Lee did. So that's the difference.

11. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Oh no...too ethnic!! ;)

Does VFTW really have any power? Some years they had a new choice almost every week, because their pick got voted off.

But Sanjaya had to split votes with the other boys (Blake and Chris, who were arguably cuter) and Phil Stacey too. Now with Burnell gone, those who like to vote for males will put all their votes towards Lazaro. Plus this last week, Lazaro was in the top three. There's a possibility that he was #1 as far as getting the most votes.... :yikes:

12. fenway2

fenway2 Well-Known Member

No it doesn't. The idea that it has so much power is a crock. It's something that the webmaster and his ardent followers kept repeating until he brainwashed some people into believing it. They are almost always picking new people every season, the year the country singer with the large ears won, can't remember his name, they had someone new almost every week because none of their picks were sticking. No power there.

I blame Tyler, Lopez and Jackson for the stacked cards this year. They were so much more critical on the women the last two years and so easy on the guys that a girl didn't have a shot at winning. Hello, Haley Reinhart, etc. Now the new judges are being pressured to make up for past harsh judging of the women that may have affected the results.

13. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

The fewer voters, the more VFTW votes can help save someone. That said, there are a number of people who vote based on the judges comments. Whoever gets the worst critique gets their votes. If the producers want Lazaro gone, all they have to do is pull out the "damning with faint praise" card.

14. taf2002

taf2002 Texas slumlord

I noticed the judges were mostly noncommittal last week & I wondered if they were trying to eliminate the pity vote. Too bad Jimmy Iovine didn't get the memo.

15. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Tonight's themes are......"The Bacharach-David Songbook," and "Songs You Wish You Wrote."

According to The Idol Pad, here's what we're in for:

Amber Holcomb – "I Say A Little Prayer” by Dionne Warwick
    Amber Holcomb – “Love On Top” by BeyoncĂ©

Angie Miller – “Anyone Who Had A Heart” by Dionne Warwick
    Angie Miller – “Love Came Down” by Kari Jobe

Candice Glover – “Don’t Make Me Over” by Dionne Warwick
    Candice Glover – “Love Song” by The Cure

Janelle Arthur- “I’ll Never Fall In Love Again” by Burt Bacharach
    Janelle Arthur – “The Dance” by Garth Brooks

Lazaro Arbos – "Close to You" by the Carpenters
    Lazaro Arbos – "Angels" by Robbie Williams

Kree Harrison – "What the World Needs Now is Love" by Jackie DeShannon
    Kree Harrison – "Help Me Make It Through the Night" by Kris Kristofferson

...Will this be the first time for a song by The Cure (clearly *not* from the B/D Songbook :lol: ) appears on AI?

16. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

The thought of Lazaro destroying one of my favorite songs (I think anyone who knows me knows which song it ISN'T :p) makes me not want to watch this.

Well, that and it's the only other song besides the Cure song that doesn't suck. :p

17. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Oh lord if all that turns out to be true .... :yikes:. I hate every one of those Bacharach songs! This is not going to be a good night for me. :drama:

18. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Well we're getting Bacharach out of the way first.

I guess the judges have been told to actually give criticism. Angie was okay, but meh. I'm happy to see Amber sing an uptempo song, but I'm not feeling so much energy. It seems half hearted in places.
    I think the judges will like it.

19. rjblue

rjblue Re-registered User

They can rave about Amber all they want, but other than the fact that she is really pretty to look at, I don't enjoy her performances at all. Her tone is quite yucky on my TV speakers.

20. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. The judges and I must be watching something different. Lazaro's up next. :scream:

21. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

I was hoping Lazaro would sing, "Trains, Planes and Automobiles" or "Do You Know The Way to San Jose?" :EVILLE:

22. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Sorry, but he's AWFUL....I sang better than this at karaoke - DRUNK!

23. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I can barely hear Lazaro. But the parts I can hear are :yikes: so I'm not turning up the TV.

This critique is probably going to be painful. :(

24. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

They are going to get him the sympathy vote. :yikes:

25. shan

shan Well-Known Member

What's worse than Lazaro singing, the judges commenting. :scream:

26. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Mariah shut up already

27. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:scream: :scream: :scream:

I wonder how much mentoring contestants are getting.

28. rjblue

Nikki's expression during this critique of Lazaro's debacle is quite offensive. I've gone from liking her during the initial stages to loathing her. If I were a voter this season, I'd vote like crazy to keep him in each week, just to watch the judges struggle to be honest, but not trigger the sympathy vote. He's obviously fairly immune to their critques and antics now.

29. rjblue

Kree is such a dead ringer for Melanie Lynskey (Two and a Half Men).

I can't hear this song without thinking of Ruben and Clay in Season 2. She was just okay with this.

30. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Oh Mariah. My kingdom for a hackysack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.