American Idol 2013: I wsh I knew how to quit you...

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by LuckyCharm, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I don't get some of Jimmy Iovine's critiques. Is he not mentoring the contestants???

2. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

ita

and i dont get jimmy's role either. it's like sometimes he wants the contestants to telepath his thoughts.

3. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I didn't love Amber's jeans from last night. To quote Michael Slezak:
    :rofl:

Still not loving the fact that Amber sang a ballad last night on "no ballads" night.

4. my little pony

awww that was nice of casey

5. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

WTF LAZARO?

Is top three?

:confused:

Rex and (deleted member) like this.
  6. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Okay I missed it, what did Casey do?

7. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

I'm not watching it anymore because regardless, someone who is immeasurably more talented than Lazaro will be going home tonight.

8. martian_girl

martian_girl New Member

Seriously, WTF America? :rolleyes:

9. my little pony

he brought them each a gift that was supposed to remind them of their hometown, but i dont know exactly what they got

i admit i love that lazaro is still there and jimmy is so vexed by it

10. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

I decided to pop back in for the thread and because I saw Carrie Underwood was on tonight... :swoon: She's the ONLY reason I'm watching, but I see that Lazaro is safe AGAIN?! and has that smug SOB look on his face again. Unfreaking believable, they're falling for a bloody sob story and I'm sick of it.

Carrie Underwood is the definition of a SUPERSTAR. I can't wait to see her next month. Hope I get to go backstage and meet her again!

PS - Are the judges drunk? 3/4 had Angie in their top 3? The Voice is INFINITELY better than this dreck.

Smiley0884 and (deleted member) like this.
  11. Tesla

Tesla Whippet Good

I hope Lazaro wins to eff with the producers. You let crap in, there's a chance crap will win.

12. my little pony

kyle, ask carrie where i can get that big ass ring

13. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

I'm so done with letting the public decide. Lazaro should be going home. It's like the more Jimmy says he should leave, the public votes him in.
    And Carrie can actually SING too!

14. Tesla

Tesla Whippet Good

Eh, he's cute and inoffensive, like past WGWGs.

15. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

:rofl: I have to win my way backstage again first! You like bling?

16. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

Except he don't play a guitar and isn't even as good as those guys, and they're mediocre at best...

17. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Lazaro in the top 3? lol, not shocking but so pathetic.

Carrie didn't sound as amazing as she normally does but still so much better than most of the "singers" out there. Kelly Clarkson is on next week! I will be curious to see if she gets a nice video intro like Carrie did. Kelly really let Clive have it recently and he still probably has some pull on this show.

18. BigB08822

I wouldn't mind Janelle being elimated and having them use the save JUST because it would mean Lazaro can't back his way into the save by going home the last week of its use.

19. Tesla

Tesla Whippet Good

But he's all the voters have to choose from. I forget, whose the majority of the viewers? I know it isn't the younger set.

20. my little pony

that's an interesting thought

once they no longer had to have clive on the show, has he been on?

21. Tesla

Tesla Whippet Good

I gotta say, it's been nice to have all the guys picked off one-by-one rather than the women.

22. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Why?

23. Tesla

Tesla Whippet Good

Because in past seasons, it seems as if the women were booted off because the were female. They are much better than the guys this year, so it's nice that at least the most talented are staying.

24. BigB08822

I agree!

I do worry that next week one of the more talented females will go but the save is probably being used next week unless Lazaro is eliminated. When is the final week for the save, top 6 or top 5? I know I keep saying it but I just am so afraid of Lazaro being eliminated during the final week of the save and therefore getting it by default. They have to use the save, if for any reason just to keep the show on schedule.

25. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Do they have to use it? I thought they would just vote 2 off the next week if the save was used. Didn't that happen during Kris Allen's season when the judges saved the Justin Timberlake sounding guy? Or have they changed it since then?

26. BigB08822

I am not sure but I think that in the past they have either voted off two OR let the votes roll over and only had one elimination the next week. They simply can't get rid of two people in a week or the finale will need to be moved up a week. You can look at the schedule to see how it will play out this year.

Anyway, the only option to not use the save is to have another week where there is no elimination and again, that is practically the same as using a save except they just wouldn't tell us who would have been going home. It also makes the week a total waste.

They also have to use the save because they talk it up so much every week, it would be a lot of fuss for something that never comes about, wouldn't it?

27. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Are they doing an Idol Gives Back show this season?

28. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

I was slightly annoyed when Mariah was the only one to put Candice in their top three. But, I was more than annoyed that the voters put Lazaro into this week's top three. I can't believe he got more votes than Candice and Amber and Janelle. The other contestants must have been so frustrated. What a joke.

29. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I was surprised that Candice wasn't on the top of most of the lists, and for her to not make it on many lists was :eek:

I was reading Michael Slezak's rant about tonight's results/rankings. He may have a point about Kree and Janelle splitting the country vote (although I think Janelle is on the upswing) and that Amber and Candice are splitting the "R&B Diva" vote.

http://tvline.com/2013/04/04/american-idol-recap-top-7-results-season-12-lazaro-arbos/

30. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Lazaro in the Top 3?? Seriously??!! What a joke. If the Top 6 is the last time they can use the save, and Lazaro ends up in that spot, I hope Nicki stands by her promise and refuse to save him. Because do they REALLY have to use it?? In regards to keeping on a time schedule (i.e., they allow an extra 5 minutes in the planning for the "oh so dramatic use the save moment", they could easily use that time with Nicki going all "Nicki" and taking up that time being a drama queen. But she likes Lazaro, right? So actually I could see her using it on him. :blah:

I don't want them to use it just for the "its the last time we can use it so we have to use it" idea, unless its a girl at the bottom next week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.