American Idol 2013: I wsh I knew how to quit you...

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by LuckyCharm, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

I have a nasty feeling that Devin may be going home tomorrow... If he does, there is no justice on this show. If there was EVER a case for one single contestant to go, it needs to be Lazaro, I know it's tough to learn a new song, and new words, but everyone has to go through the same process that he does, It does not endear me to feeling sorry for him. Though Angie was godawful tonight and Burnell looking back wasn't as good as I thought, Angie, Lazaro and Burnell should be the bottom three with Lazaro getting off my TV screen.

2. snoopysnake

snoopysnake Well-Known Member

What would you have her wearing? This isn't a fashion show, it's a singing competition. And she is the best singer on the show.

3. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

I ranked them:

Amber/Kree - I thought they both killed it
    Candice - I wasn't crazy about the arrangement but her voice is great & I appreciated her trying to breathe life into a very old, tired song - plus in the trio she was fantastic
    Devin - very beautiful except for the falsetto part, I didn't really like that part
    Jenelle - I didn't like it but others were worse
    Burnell/Angie - I just can't like Burnell's singing because some of his pronounciations drive me crazy & he also sometimes emphasises the wrong syllable; this was Angie's worse vocal & she was more pageanty than usual tonight
    Lazaro - it was an improvement on last week but still not good enough, btw did anyone else notices he acted kind of arrogant tonight?

4. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

:shuffle: uhm ... what IS that song really about? I never did get all the controversy back when it came out.

5. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I am just now watching.

I love that Carey and Minaj are wearing red dresses.

Candice was amazing. Not my favorite arrangement but she is pitch perfect. What is Mariah Carey hinting about with Candice, being able to do something...? Candice must have a secret weapon in her back pocket...maybe whistle register? Kelly Clarkson hit whistle register in Season 1 and was the front runner from that moment on, not having been well known before that. The audience lives for those moments.

Kree and Janelle. Well, they sounded good, Kree always does and Janelle was better than usual but there was absolutely nothing about that arrangement that was country. Why did they give them this and force them to slap on some twang to try and make it country? It really didn't work for me and it had nothing to do with the vocals.

The group number with Angie, Amber and Candice was incredible. Angie just sounds like a studio recording every time she sings. I loved her taking the high notes during the chorus. Incredible.

Burnell, how many times have we heard this song on American Idol? 1093847 times? At least. It didn't work for him, I think he could be in danger unless he has amassed a big enough fan base so far.

I thought Amber was good but not as good as the judges did. I still love love love RJ Helton's version of that song from season 1.

Kree performing a song Kelly Clarkson did on Season 1 (how many is that, 3 songs that we heard on Season 1 during Motown week (or was it 70s week, they did Decades then). How are the Producers not realizing that these songs are being performed TOO OFTEN on Idol? Great songs, no doubt, but let's do something new once in a while.

I will predict the bottom 3 as:

Devin, Burnell and Angie/Kree.

I know, saying Kree is in the bottom is crazy but I think Candice will be safe. I think Amber redeemed herself enough and got a tongue bathing that will keep her safe. Angie should be the one girl in the bottom but I think she has a more rabid fanbase than Kree. It should be Lazaro but I bet it is one of Angie or Kree, more likely Angie but you just never know. Either way, the girls will be safe in the end or would have the save used on them.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  6. all_empty

all_empty Well-Known Member

Angie was great in the group number but terrible in the solo. I'm glad the judges didn't sugarcoat it.

I thought Candice was excellent but Amber has yet to get back to the performance level she had with "My Funny Valentine." Devin sang beautifully tonight.

Lazaro must go.

7. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I just went back and watched the boys group number. I originally fastforwarded because I had no interest but then I read all the comments and HAD to see it. It was HORRIBLE and Lazaro completely flubbed it all up. He missed the lyrics and he missed the dance moves. The other guys did their jobs. Devin threw some major shade as did Burnell. Lazaro deserved it. I know some people said they should have kept it classy (and it looked like Nicki was motioning for them to stop) but they have every right to defend their performance when someone so completely sabotaged them. Lazaro knows he is safe, he has nothing to worry about and those two guys who actually did their job will most likely be the bottom 2. It is looking more and more true that Lazaro is not liked for his poor work ethic, Devin basically confirmed it with his choice of words.

8. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Off to look for the YouTube of the Boys group number because I was vaguely watching and didn't realize it was as bad as y'all say. Or if anyone has a link, clip it please!

9. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Past time for Lazaro to go.
    He was "better" than last week.
    However, almost anything would have been an improvement. He's still nowhere near the level of the other contestants

He doesn't even have enough performance experience to be able to listen to other singers onstage.
    They shouldn't have to worry about "saving" him, to help themselves.

Lesson to judges: Don't put a completely inexperienced person in the top 24, no matter how "compelling" their "story".
    You paint yourselves into a corner by creating sympathy that keeps them in the competition when they shouldn't be there.

I hope that he can find good professional help for his speech problem. Much progress has been made in understanding and treating those.
    The Idol producers might assist with that.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  10. Smiley0884

Smiley0884 Well-Known Member

At this point, I think Kree and Candice outclass the rest of the contestants. They look like seasoned industry vets making a guest appearance on Idol.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually enjoyed Janelle on her solo tonight! She was kind of sloppy in the duet, but I won't judge her too harshly on that since I think the duets/trios on performance night are silly. Based on the country vote, I think she might have a shot at winning, and if she does, it will be a WGWG once again!!! White *GIRL* With Guitar! LMAO!

Angie- Did well in her trio, but her solo was kind of rough.

Amber- Strong vocals, boring performance.

As for the guys...Can America just put Lazaro out of his misery already?! He was awkward and sloppy in the trio, and WTF was that "It's ok boo..." to Randy?! Ugh, just shut up and sing! Agree with whoever said he seemed arrogant.

I like Burnell, but it wasn't a strong week for him. He actually wasn't all that great in the trio himself, as he was sharp for much of the song. That "Ma Cherie" song is the kiss of death on this show, and should never ever be sung again. He didn't add anything interesting to an already kind of boring song, and his enunciation/diction was sketchy at best.

I like Devin a lot, and I really hope he sticks around for at least another week or two. I liked his version of "Tracks of my tears" when initally I was all "NO WAY it can come close to ADAM LAMBERT'S version!!!! :EVILLE: " Even though it didn't :p I still enjoyed it.

11. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i wouldnt miss burnell, amber, janelle or lazaro.

12. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I haven't watched regularly - I caught some of the auditions, one Hollywood week show, and one of the Top 24 shows that had all men on it, but that is it. I only remember a few of them from those shows.

I thought Candice and Kree were outstanding and Amber was very good. Devin was the best of the rest. Janelle sounded good in her solo, but she was eclipsed in the duo. Burnell was not offensive, but not special either -- I didn't get what the judges were saying about him since I haven't seen him before. It seems like Lazaro is only there for his story now; he'd be a good hotel lounge singer, but that is all. Angie - I thought she was really good before, but man, her solo was off. Fortunately, all 3 girls were good in the trio. But the guys were terrible. What was that? Lazaro forgot all his solo parts and Devin had to sing it for him? And Burnell just did what he was told?

Candice, Amber, and Kree should be safe by a mile. Of the rest, I wouldn't care who is in the bottom, but Lazaro is clearly the weakest and should go.

13. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

Reality Rocks with Lyndsey Parker is a blog that is written every time the contestants compete on Idol, The Voice, or X Factor & she always includes a clip of each performance, including duos, trios, & groups.

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/reality-rocks/

She also does a video where she and some guy discuss each episode. I really like it.

BaileyCatts and (deleted member) like this.
  14. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

Results show, and a painful rendition of Old Time Rock and Roll... WTF is Lazaro wearing? :scream:

15. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

I'm so tired of Lazaro. Please send him home tonight.

I've never liked this song either.

16. Seerek

Seerek Well-Known Member

It's interesting that this particular season, the contestant selection is extremely stacked to almost ensure that a female wins. Last season, they had somewhat stacked the female talent as well, hoping someone of Jessica, Hollie and Skylar was going to win, but that didn't happen.

17. shan

shan Well-Known Member

It looks like he's been attacked by blue and green. :scream:

18. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

Jimmy impressed with Burnell and says Devin comes up short? Ok... can America vote him off? What a moron.

19. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Okay so according to Jimmy, Angie chose the wrong song and the arrangement was not good. and she's on the wrong track and needs help. But isn't he supposed to help guide the contestants?? :huh:

20. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

How cool is that for Kree?!

21. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

I find it hard to believe that Aretha had something nice to say about someone covering one of her songs...she's known to be hard on other lady singers.

22. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Wait, do you think it was an impersonator? Or she was incentivized to do it? :lol:

23. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

:lol: methinks a cheesesteak coupon was involved.

Allegedly Jennifer Holiday and Anita Baker have attempted to converse with Aretha regarding her career and were soundly, roundly snubbed. I've been told Aretha is insanely jealous of other R&B songstresses. YMMV.

24. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:rofl: at the cheesesteak coupon.

That story does sound familiar to me.

25. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

I knew a couple of folks in the record business who have told me this.

26. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Mariah just makes me :scream:

27. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Mariah uncomfortably reminded me of her 2001 breakdown last night...the rambling and inappropriate interrupting of Ryan and Randy...

28. shan

shan Well-Known Member

All the guys are in the bottom group. Jimmy was right. :rolleyes:

Lazaro is safe? Devin is out??? :wall:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  29. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

@()#*Q)#$

ARE YOU EFFING BLOODY KIDDING ME?!?? HOW IN THE MOTHER EFFING HELL IS LAZARO SAFE?!?! :mad::mad::mad:

30. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I know I'm not even a huge Devin fan, but he was soooo much better than Lazaro. I'm sad for him, they're not going to use it this early (and I don't care for the save idea anyway).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.