American Idol 2013: I wsh I knew how to quit you...

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by LuckyCharm, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

Can someone tell me when the preliminaries are over, how many weeks until they get to final 12?

2. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

That final girl with the family who fosters and adopts all those kids... looks wise not voice reminded me a ton of Tamyra Gray, really looked a LOT like her. She had a nice voice but I'm not sure one to win.

3. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I will tune in after the audition rounds. That includes Hollywood. I used to tune in for Hollywood week but now it is even a joke. After they narrow it down from Hollywood I will watch.

4. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

Indeed. As long as Sugar Mama keeps buying Nick new cars, I think he'll be staying for the long haul.

I like Keith Urban, everyone else :blah:.

5. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Keith could not possibly have chosen a better route to popularity. :lol: Everyone's going to like him because he's not the other two.

(I like him myself, but not enough to watch this trainwreck of a show! :scream: )

6. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

I don't think Nicki and Mariah really care about finding any actual talent, as long as the camera is on them then they're fine. Keith is so down to earth and real, I actually think he wants to find someone with talent and see them succeed. Randy - meh.

7. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

lol, i kept thinking so much attention is on the mariah nicki feud. but to me it looks like randy hates them all. :lol:

8. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Randy must hate himself at this point. He ran out of things to say 10 years ago. He must get awfully bored.

9. Kruss

Kruss Not Auto-Tuned

I swore I wasn't going to watch this. Then curiosity got the best of me...but that was satisfied within the first 20 minutes. The intro only evoked a high stream of snark from me as I adjusted my non-rose-colored Idol glasses. Within a half hour, I was bored to tears and switched to Big Bang Theory reruns.

10. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Randy was there? ;)

I was kinda bored with tonight's show. I know most people hate the audition rounds, but I like them. But there was lot of boring nothingness tonight.

I do feel sorry for poor Keith having to sit between the Divas for the auditions though. Although its funny watching his reactions.

11. maatTheViking

maatTheViking Now ubering Machida's hair

ok - who is Randy Jackson? I have never watched Idol before, but I wanted some mindless television... we will see how long I last (X Factor lasted me about 4 episodes...)

Nicky Minaj looks like she is made of plastic.

12. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

ohmigosh, that opening was :yikes: Phillip walks out to sing "Home" (which I have to admit I love). He sings a couple of lines in a pre-recorded bit...and in spite of having the opportunity to re-do this bit as many times as necessary...he is still awful! :eek: But then I think, "give him a shot, he's only sung two lines". And then they cut the pre-recorded "live" bit and go to his music video! They only let him sing two barely decent lines. Poor Phillip!!! :wuzrobbed

13. all_empty

all_empty Well-Known Member

I actually really liked Nicki. I thought she related to the contestants, whereas Mariah just stroked her hair.

Angela Miller (the girl who had partial hearing loss) was the only standout for me, although the guy in the plastic Thriller suit was very entertaining.

14. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Nicki was better than I expected her to be, Mariah worse. Keith is just there. I'll do my usual DVR until the Hollywood rounds... check in here and just listen to the folks that other posters have commented on.

15. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

Completely disagree. I couldn't stand Nicki. I felt like every word out of her mouth was scripted. It's like she decided the show MUST be all about her & it's hard for anyone else to get a word in.

Randy has really toned it down this year. I found him bearable.

I'm not much for country music but I loved Keith. Hopefully he will stay sane, although I'm not sure how.

I have always adored Mariah & I think she could be really good but Nicki won't stand for that. She will interrupt & sabotage as much as possible.

As for the contestants, my favorite was the girl from the blended family, the girl who sang a song & then did rap, & the girl with the hearing loss. I can't remember any of the guys being good.

16. merrywidow

merrywidow Well-Known Member

My feeling was "Welcome to the Nikki Minaj show". Does she ever shut up & let others voice their opinions? I already miss Stephen & JLo.

17. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Keith Urban has the best hair among the ladies :)

I think walking out in front of the judges wearing short when you have one artificial leg is way too obvious an attempt to get sympathy votes.

18. maatTheViking

I found the girl from the blended family to be off key? I was so surprised they liked her.

The family was adorable though!

I liked the camp Mariah girl, the hearing loss girl, the jersey country girl and the subway singer guy the best.

19. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I can't tolerate Nicki. I didn't think anyone else could get a word in. I too thought the talent was pretty lackluster. I liked the last girl.

I thought I had deleted AI from my DVR series manager. But I didn't. So I watched it, then I deleted it from my series manager. I might watch when I come across it, but I am done with taping it and watching all of it.

20. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

I think if we are going to listen to the Mariah glory runs all season, I will have to quit watching.

21. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

I actually think that we've gotten more discernible talent in the auditions, but Nicki Minaj is driving me nuts. She's a little girl trying to compete against DIVA Mariah.

Oh and might I say, the gorgeous Johnny Keyser has returned! I thought for sure he'd never go back to Idol, him not making it last year was a shocker, but I think he's a lock for final 10 if he doesn't blow it in Hollywood.

22. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

I think this street performer has potential. But the boot has to go.

23. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

stutterer is adorable in his hot pink bow tie. i'd like a season of all attractive people. it cant be any worse than the seasons where they allegedly picked them based on singing.

24. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

He is absolutely ADORABLE! that bow-tie! How anyone could not fall for that story. I really hope he can continue to progress and do well.

25. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

I couldn't stand Johnny Keyser's voice. I thought he was awful. But the anorexic girl (didn't she look like Salma Hayek?) & the bow tie boy had me crying & I loved their voices, it wasn't just the backstories. Also loved the street performer with the strange boot & I thought her original song was really good. There was a lot of talent tonight.

I think Mariah & Keith are really sweet and have good things to say. Nicki is beyond unbearable.

ETA: re the stutter, when I was in my 20's I had a neighbor who became a good friend who had a pretty bad stutter. After a while it became something that I expected to hear so that eventually I hardly noticed it. I find it terribly sad this kid has no friends or few friends. Why are people so shallow?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  26. merrywidow

merrywidow Well-Known Member

Kaz-Ban? Is that the street performer? I loved her!

27. maatTheViking

I think the stuttering guy was INCREDIBLE brave for going on television like that. And when they interviewed him they did a great job of not interrupting (I can imagine it is very frustrating to stutter and have other people finish your sentences). I am normally not that touched by 'tug your hearstrings' stories in these competitions, since it sometimes seems like they are just manipulating the viewers - but all mu suspicions went away, a truely touching story. And I liked his voice.

the street performer was awesome. I was expecting a trainwreck, but she could sing, and she had great self reflection, which quite a few of the 'the crazy ones' that come audition don't have. I really liked her rocker voice, no pop diva here. I would by an album of her ballads - the original song was good.

28. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

Nicki is insufferable. I don't think I can take a whole season of her.

29. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

The first Idology is up on TV Line & it has Melinda Doolittle again. http://tvline.com/ I really enjoy her. They were recapping the first week of auditions.

30. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

Did anyone watch this week? The "big" fight was pretty lame...obviously staged. I'm sure Nicki will have more reason than that to walk out later in the season. But they did find a couple of good ones...I esp liked the fact that Candice Glover is back. I never understood why she was cut last year after her group sang. After all, they kept Deandre. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.