American Idol 2013: I wsh I knew how to quit you...

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by LuckyCharm, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taf2002

taf2002 If it walks like a duck.....

Re Paul:

Because he's too theatrical. With Curtis they've decided to ignore it, God knows why. But Paul is buried under many layers of insincerity.

I completely agree about him & I hope you're right.

2. Tesla

Tesla Whippet Good

Like Pia? :shuffle: I think getting another huge start out of AI is a long shot.

3. Smiley0884

Smiley0884 Well-Known Member

Agree. They'll be lucky to get a moderate star/success ala Jordin, Scotty, Phil from this group. The way things are going this season I wouldn't be surprised to see another Taylor Hicks or Lee DeWyze scenario.

4. taf2002

taf2002 If it walks like a duck.....

:scream:

5. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

He's cute and a decent singer, but I'm not wowed by him. His personal story is getting him sympathy votes IMO.

6. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Am I the only person who laughed when Charie began the awkward cry fest? I just started clapping because that boy is smart and knows how to get votes. I don't want him to go through but wouldn't be surprised at all if he did.

7. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I'm sure that's true.
    Lazaro is also part of the demographic AI wants to reach.

8. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

Lazaro said to Seacrest after his performance that that was his very first time singing for a live audience.

I think Nicki takes this job more seriously than the other three. They cloak their opinions, leaving the singers confused. Nicki tells it exactly as she sees it, so the singers actually have something to work with. She is the most helpful job. One example was last night when Keith fumbled around Paul Jolley's performance. Finally Seacrest got involved and asked, "but did you like it"? Keith could have said, "I didn't care for this performance, but I think Paul has a strong voice and I'm looking forward to hearing more from him. Instead he said something like, "well...I really like Paul...there were some nice moments there..." Nicki has a much bigger pair than Keith. :lol:

I felt the opposite. I thought it was one of the worst moments on AI ever. They know that part of the allure of the show is contestants who stand out. This year, they have Zoanette and Charlie. They have used both to create buzz for the show. They have built them up and now that it's getting to crunch time, they are tearing them down. Both are being used. I felt that with Charlie last night, he was shocked to get sh** on by the judges after they had praised his originality for so long. On top of that, he chose to do a song which showed a different side of him, a vulnerable side. They took his vulnerable moment to use him to get something buzzworthy and you could see the confusion all over his face. "You've loved me until now...what are you doing, what is going on now..." When he started to tear up, I felt he was trying to hold it in, sensing something was wrong. He turned away from the camera twice before leaving the stage early. It was a horrible moment and shows the shameless side of the AI people. :(

taf2002 and (deleted member) like this.
  9. Aceon6

Aceon6 Hopping around

Re the Charlie thing, the Nigel's have been so manipulative to date, I wouldn't put it past them to pre-arrange this and to include Charlie in the planning.

10. Smiley0884

Smiley0884 Well-Known Member

ITA. I actually almost started crying when Charlie was tearing up. Doesn't he have some form of autism? I remember reading that some where, but if so, that makes it even more cruel. I wanted to smack Seacrest when he shoved the mic in Charlie's face goading him for more drama. At least with Zoanette, she seems upbeat no matter what they say. Even though I'd rather not listen to her screeching, I do like the fact that she always remains positive.

11. snoopysnake

snoopysnake Well-Known Member

Yes, they are exploiting Charlie. I loved all his performances except this week's. Nicki was correct in the rocker persona repudiating what made him appealing in the preliminaries, but she was demeaning and insulting in how she spoke to him. I hope he stays on because I do want to hear him sing again, unless he's determined only to sing in the style he chose this week. But he's probably cooked his own goose.

I'm also rooting for Lazaro. who just blossoms when he sings.

Vincent is Zoanette's counterpart age-wise. They have got to be lying about their ages.

12. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

Phillip Phillips won last year and his album has gone gold (sales are at 738,000 according to wikipeia) and I bet the album will go platinum (one million copies). His single "Home" has sales of more than 4 million. It's too early to tell about the second single, Gone, Gone Gone. It has not charted yet, but it was only released on February 11th. The video has just over one million views on youtube and it hasn't even been there for a month yet. While Phillip might not be a HUGE star, these are all really good stats in my opinion.

13. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

:eek: Paul made it! :D

14. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

this guy's version of alone makes me wonder if he needs iron and b12

15. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

:rofl:

16. BigB08822

THIS IS SO AWKWARD!!!

Who came up with this idea? Ryan Seacrest is left following the finalists and talking to no one but himself. Charlie is sitting there looking all pukey faced and I keep seeing him moving randomly which I think are nervous ticks.

Durnell (??) can sing, I love his tone. I think he will really impress me but I don't think he will get past the top 5 or so, he looks boring and that will hurt the guys and his skin is the wrong color if recent history is anything to go by.

17. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Paul smells the cookies...
    Charlie will go home and skate pairs with his sister Kimmie.

This is a really strong crop of singers this season, with a couple of exceptions.

18. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

:blah::blah::blah:

19. my little pony

i dislike everyone moving on so far, oh well

20. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

YESSSSSS DEVIN! HOORAH!

21. my little pony

i take that back, i like devin. but i think singing each song in english and spanish will get old fast.

22. BigB08822

I know this is mean but watching Charlie during the announcement is, by far, the best part of this plan.

23. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

I'll be really sad if Lazaro doesn't make it. I hope he does.

24. BigB08822

:lol: and Minaj just told him to keep singing in both.

25. BigB08822

OMG, who the hell did Devin's mom's makeup and was it really necessary for Ryan to call her out on it? LMAO!

26. BigB08822

That was kind of neat to see Lazaro tell Ray to follow him because he doesn't have the end memorized. Is Lazaro partly deaf or is it just a stutter?

27. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

Lazaro is nice young man with a great story but it's time for him to go

28. rjblue

rjblue Re-registered User

Oh dear, Lazaro. You are not living up to Art (or Clay).

Devin is the clear leader of the men.

29. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple

This is the longest version of this song I have ever suffered through.

30. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.