American Idol 2013: I Wish I Knew How To Quit You (Part Two)

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Cyn, Apr 19, 2013.

1. missing

missing Well-Known Member

2. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Don't you go dissin' Carly Rae. She writes her own music, for one. And despite the gloss of her new LP, her pop songs tend to be more folky and lowkey. She has really nothing in common with Jordin or Miley (who I both like, btw).

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  3. Jayar

Jayar Well-Known Member

I am not understanding the Kree love at all. I did like her from the start, but she hasn't grown. She is still protecting herself, which is understandable, but she comes off as bland even if her voice is good. The final two should be Angie and Candice in my opinion. Bar none. Kree isn't even close to the two of them.

4. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

I don't know that Candice will have a successful pop career - I said that earlier, I am not sure she will have a great career outside of a Broadway type show. I haven't heard much from Angie that would be anything that says "I will put that on my Pandora playlist or download from I-Tunes or even want to hear occasionally on the radio".
    I put her with the Carly Rae and Miley category because to date they may have had one or two hits, I see them fading into the woodwork. Miley has a comedic acting potential - I loved her in 2 and 1/2 men. Carly Rae has had a major hit, but....I don't think she will be an Xtina or Kelly or even Taylor Swift.

5. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

I don't own music from any of these women and I doubt I'd buy Angie's music because I don't like the sound of her voice and her tendency to be shrill. I think Angie could have moderate success like Jordin, though. Even though I don't like Angie's voice and have seen no growth from her this season, other people obviously like her singing, and she has crossover potential for the CCM market.

As for Candice, so much depends on what the choose to do with her and the material. I don't see her as Broadway at all. I can imagine her doing pop songs like "Next to Me," but I don't see her being big. Despite her enormous talent, she has not been that successful with the AI voters, and I don't think she even would be in the finale (which I think she will be) if it weren't for her getting some good song choices and the judges and producers deciding to really promote her the past few weeks while giving Kree bad songs and being hard on her to the point of saying that she hadn't even been worthy of the top four.

I think Kree has real talent and can have a good country music career if she gets the right material, producer, and label and goes back to doing the kind of music that suits her more. She also comes across as very likeable, which never hurts.

6. Smiley0884

Smiley0884 New Member

Jordin is definitely one of the more successful idol winners. Of course, I would still put her behind Kelly/Fantasia/Carrie, but she has definitely managed to stay relevant. Her debut album went platinum, she has had 4 hit singles, performed on broadway, and has received multiple awards/nominations in the music industry. She's gotten a few acting gigs, including the "Sparkle" movie with Whitney Houston. Even though she hasn't really done much musically since 2010, she's gotten a decent amount of exposure due to her recent weight loss which has led to a lot of spokes model work for her. She's making a living in the entertainment industry, and that's really what most of these contestants are aiming for. Can't say I agree that Angie is a better singer than Jordin, but YMMV.

7. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

lauren looks like someone boiled candice cameron

8. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

Bwa ha ha that Mariah wants to protect her image and then makes a video of herself lolling around half nekkid on a motorcycle. :rofl:

9. peibeck

peibeck Counting down the days 'til Skate America

I couldn't believe when she said she was 18! She looked like Kelly Ripa's mother!

snoopysnake and (deleted member) like this.
  10. peibeck

:cheer2: Candice! :rollin:

11. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

That's a wow :eek: never thought it would be.

12. martian_girl

martian_girl New Member

:cheer2: Yay Kree and Candice!

The right final two, producers be damned. :p

13. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Well, I just might watch now. Way to stick it to the producers and judges America. Go Kree. :cheer2:

14. Tesla

Tesla Whippet Good

I didn't watch but yay! :cheer: I wanted a Kree/Candice finale! Suck it producers! :p

15. peibeck

America grew some ears. WHEE!!! :cheer2:

Ugh, I hate when they make the person kicked off sing again... :blah:

16. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

Yes! Now, I will be happy with whoever wins!!!!

17. birdgal

birdgal New Member

That is GREAT news. I may watch the show tonight.

18. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Candice and Kree finale! I'll be happy no matter who wins. Just give them good songs, please!

I'm sure someone will sign Angie.

19. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

This.

20. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I am thrilled with this final 2. Probably the best final 2 ever in the history of the show. It is so rare that the two I want to make it (who are, of course, THE best :lol:) end up in the final 2. Im not sure it has ever happened.

shan and (deleted member) like this.
  21. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

If you either missed it or don't want to endure that excruciating hour of the results show:

Angie's elimination

VFTW is celebrating like crazy :rolleyes:, and after being obnoxiously, intolerably smug, Angie's fans are in meltdown mode at IDF :rofl:.

22. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

:D I haven't been in this thread for a while, just checked in to see who got the boot. Not only glad about our final two, but that everyone here seems to be in agreement! Not only are Kree and Candace both great singers, but both seem very humble and kind/compassionate. So likeable. Can't wait to see what the future holds for both of these ladies. :cheer2:

23. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I'm very happy with the finalists.
    Great to see the update about Adam Lambert, too.

24. fenway2

fenway2 Well-Known Member

I expect to see the judges really push Candice next week. Either girl deserves to win but I just hope the judges give fair critiques next week.

Yeah right. :lol:

25. taf2002

taf2002 Texas slumlord

The TVLine posting community is full of conspiracies on why Angie went home. Now the favorite theme seems to be that it was producer manipulation. :huh: I thought Angie regularly got the most flattering edit on AI. The judges gushed over Amber & Angie all season, & habitually threw Candice & Kree under the bus. The other theory is because Angie is from the North & the others are from the South. Yeah, that really helped Amber.

26. shan

shan Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see how things go.

I'm very excited for Candice/Kree!! Both have amazing vocal ability. I will be happy with whoever wins. I just hope both sing well and are judged on the performance, not on future possibilities (though I think both should go far).

I feel :( for Angie because it was obvious that she wanted to win so badly. At the start of the live rounds, I didn't pick her as one who would make it to the top 3. The strong enunciation, the dramatic "feeling" were off-putting to me. But she improved as the weeks went on.

27. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

I'll miss Randy if he goes.
    Maybe, just maybe AI has run its course?

OliviaPug and (deleted member) like this.
  28. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Even though the ratings have deteriorated; it's still a "cash cow" for FOX.

29. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

The Angie/Kree final is in line with what the voters did over on The Voice. In every case, the best vocals made it through.

I'm thinking that teens/tweens are over these types of shows, so the voting is skewing a bit older and saner. It may not be what the producers want to market, but people over 25 do buy music and are less likely to be introduced to new artists via YouTube. That's the new reality and Nigel and Jimmy need to learn from it.

30. OliviaPug

OliviaPug Well-Known Member

I agree that AI has run its course. But it will be back next season. That we know.

Happy with the final two. Never thought Angie really had "it" in the singing department.

O-