Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by haribobo, Feb 17, 2011.
Vote as many as you like
I know he probably won't make the finals due to not having the stage presence needed for this show, but I love Jacee. His voice is beautiful; he brought tears to my eyes during his auditions; and he's much more mature than some of these other wannabe's in handling getting kicked out of his group. I can't even place any of the other guys, except the deep voiced country guy (I think that is Scott?), who I also like. So those are the only two I voted for at this time.
Brett is the one with the wild red hair. He & Jaycee are my favs & I hope they both make the top 10 or 12 or whatever. If Jaycee makes it, don't be surprised if Hollywood has taken over & he has slimmed down by the time the live shows start. But whether he does or not, I think he has the potential to be a teen star. He is just so likable & his voice is so good.
Ive realized that with the men, we have guys with either strong voices
or guys who have decent voices and are marketable (America doesnt seem to want to support a Taylor Hicks, Ruben Studdard or Clay Aiken
at least not for the long term). So Ive decided to list my favourites in two categories. Those based solely on vocal ability and those who I think could have a career that could, at the very least, squeak its way to a Greatest Hits album (even if that CD would be on the slim side)!
1. Clint Jun Gamboa he has the potential of an Adam Lambert (from the little Ive seen of him)
2. Brett Loewenstern as Randy has said, the dude can wail!!!
3. Colton Dixon we havent seen much of him, but the little Ive seen, he had some sweet vocals!
4. Jovany Barreto - very pleasing voice
5. Stefano Langone - see #4
6. James Durbin (potentially) amazing vocals, but unlike Clint, he hasnt mastered his abilities
7. Robbie Rosen see #4 & #5
8. Jacee Badeaux beautiful tone
but only able to sing sweet ballads??
9. Scott Mccreery a good vocalist
but we already have a Josh Turner?
10. Casey Abrams I remember his amazing musicianship, but not his voice
11. John Wayne Schulz decent vocals, I think people were blinded by his -ness
12. Chris Medina dont really remember his vocals anymore, but thought he was decent
As for marketability:
1. John Wayne Schulz My guess would be that AI wants a male version of Carrie Underwood. While he doesnt have her vocals, his hawtness will give him a real advantage (it's not like Tim McGraw is the worlds greatest vocalist)
2. Jovany Barreto / Stefano Langone - these two are interchangeable both good-looking with good voices, both likeable (with the advantage at this point going to Stefano). In the early days of pop music, these guys would have been recruited and turned into big pop stars by the guys in the biz
3. James Durbin he has to be open to AI and everyone else in the biz to mold and shape him into a success
on his own hes a mess
4. Colton Dixon a variation on Jovany and Stefano, I think he might have some musical genius potential in him, but possibly an overblown ego along with that (which needs to be held in check). And hes cute, but not quite in the all-American way of Jovany and Stefano
5. Scott Mccreery I cant see him having a bigger carrer than Josh Gracin, but maybe with the new AI team, they could guide him to a bigger country music career than Josh (and Bucky and Danny)
6. Clint Jun Gamboa tons of talent, but he needs the AI people to help him overcome the diva treatment he directed towards Jacee
plus an image make-over (he doesnt look like a pop star and the choices he makes with his appearance make him even less relatable)
7. Robbie Rosen a young Billy Joel (well, the softer side of Billy Joel, anyway)
8. Brett Loewenstern - send him to Broadway's Rock of Ages???
9. Casey Abrams AI couldnt make it work with Crystal Bowersox, dont know if they could make a carrer for Casey work either
10. Jacee Badeaux sweet kid, lovely voice, marketability factor far poorer than David Archulettas
11. Chris Medina Chris who??
Deleting this because I am confused. Are these the top 12 guys or just 12 guys you came up with? I don't want to spoil anything.
Brian, Peter started this poll before the top 24 even were chosen.
Polls? I don't do polls!
Okay. To be more precise, your post discussed contestants that were listed in a poll prior to the selection of the top 24. Come to think of it, though, you did post your comments after reading the spoilers. So, I'm with Brian. I'm confused.