American Horror Story: Coven

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by La La Candy, Oct 17, 2013.

1. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i love coven. i think they could do a lot more with it. although, after the finale there might not be anyone left to continue by the rate they are going.

who do you think the new supreme is? :watch:

i dont think fiona is dead. that's not based on a spoiler or anything, just my opinion.

2. Sasha'sSpins

Sasha'sSpins Well-Known Member

Fiona will be back I'm sure of it! She may not be Supreme at the end of this thing but she'll be back! I don't see her going down without a fight!

Some of the other witches have already manifested some of the Seven Wonders - Descensum, the power to descend into the afterlife (and then come back!) is one of them - Queenie showed this off in the most recent episode. As Supreme, surely Fiona could call upon Descensum?

I think Fiona's daughter Cordelia will be/should be the New Supreme. I wish it wouldn't end but I also can't wait to find out for sure who it will be! :watch:

Huffington Post's newest article on the Finale: Why The New 'Coven' Supreme May Have Been In Plain Sight All Along On 'American Horror Story'

As this is a sort of Witch's Academy - albeit a more exclusive, much smaller, American version of Harry Potter's Hogwart's, more of a clique if you will - they could come up with all sorts of interesting episodes. But if this is the end, then I hope it goes out with a bang! :kickass::encore:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  3. my little pony

i think fiona planted a false vision of her death. that vision cordelia had where fiona was the only one left, i think that is true. she will pop up after the 7 wonders take them out. then she has to, i forget what they called it, some sort of sacrificial act, that's the vision fiona had where she was shot. then fiona will still be the supreme, albeit of no one.

4. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Spin Alissa Spin!!!

Entertainment Weekly hinted next season takes place in the 1950's and Lange has a German accent.

5. CynicElle

CynicElle Well-Known Member

At this point, I'd be far more shocked if Fiona actually stays dead tonight. Death's pretty much been nothing but a minor hiccup for most of the characters this season anyhow.

6. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think she would be the first character to die and not come back with the exception of the cute boy next door and I half expect to see him before the end of the finale.

7. CynicElle

Stevie Nicks is probably the Supreme. Hasn't the entire season pretty much been leading up to that? ;)

8. my little pony

i said that to my hair dresser and he laughed at me. he thought it was ridiculous. but ridiculous things happen there every week.

9. my little pony

im not in love with the finale

favorite moments: what is this knotty pine?

runner up: up next liza minnelli talks about her hip

10. CynicElle

I liked the finale, but it really drove home to me how unfocused and messy the whole season has been up to this point.

Ryan Murphy's claimed there were clues about next season in the finale, so does that mean Liza is going to be a cast member?

Oh, and BALENCIAGA!

11. my little pony

that would make my life!

i am not crazy about the finale for two reasons. one, it was kind of normal. like a really amped up episode of charmed. i expected more. and two, so fiona who is a mediocre witch (couldnt make out misty's sounds in the graveyard, married to a freakin witch hunter), suddenly finds her inner supreme because myrtle says "yes, you can."

i would have loved it if myrtle had been the supreme.

12. Sasha'sSpins

Sasha'sSpins Well-Known Member

I loved the Finale for the most part but I was really bummed about Misty's end - why her in her own hell and not the Axe-man? Unless he's just a representation in Fiona's hell. I don't like that Nan ended up with Papa Legbo either. :/ The rest I thought was fab though. My favorite line "KNOTTY PINE?!" :rofl: Also "Crown me - or KISS MY A$$!" :lol:
    I think you meant her daughter, Cordelia. :) Delia was suppressed by her mother for years. I think that played a part in Cordelia not being able to tap into or fully realize her true powers until Fiona was nearer death with her cancer.

I wish they'd consider doing another 'Coven' season. So many places they could take this! They could somehow bring both Nan and Misty back and go on from there.

I think it would have ROCKED if Myrtle could have been Supreme too but alas! Oh yes - she too had one of my favorite lines - at her burning - "BALENCIAGA!" :drama:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  13. Evilynn

Evilynn ((Swedish skating dudes))

I thought the finale of AHS:Coven was kind of weak. It's American Horror Story, not American Home For Lost Goths. ;) So far I think I liked Haven best - less random than s1 and sharper writing than s3. :)

They had a fantastic cast in Lange, Bates, Basset and Conroy though. :respec:

And :rofl: at BALENCIAAAAGAAAA!! and "What is this!? Knotty PINE!???"

14. La La Candy

La La Candy New Member

I loved Coven and felt it was a nice contrast to the intensity of Asylum. I think Coven was meant to be campy and definitely succeeded!
    What's Haven?

15. chantilly

chantilly Active Member

Coven was by far my least favourite season. I mean the acting was amazballs except for Sidibe but I found it really hard to root for any character. I just found the evil and darkness and violence relentless. And any of the few good characters were wimpy, only mildly interesting or killed by the end. I love Sarah Paulson but I thought the ending of her arc was weak in the finale. Although it did make sense her being repressed by her mother, I would have like a little more forshadowing to make it more plausible. I also found Taissa's character and acting incredibly flat. I loved her in the first season. Meh. This was its most successful, buzzed about season critically but it just didn't grab me.

I was definitely more invested and moved in the other season's characters. I do hope Bassett is back. As well as Bates. I know it is Lange's last season and I am fine with that. Rabe and Paulson should come back as well. I have heard a rumor that next season is vampires. I kind of hope not because TV is littered with them these days

I found the finale rather fizzled out.

16. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I vaguely remember an article after season 1 in which Ryan Murphy said he was up to anything besides vampires. Of course, he could have changed his mind...we should find out soon.

17. chantilly

chantilly Active Member

I hope so. But Ryan Murphy changes his mind all the time. Just ask any fans of any of his shows.

18. AliasJohnDoe

19. CynicElle

Cool! They can make it be like the third season of HBO's "Carnivale."

20. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I haven't read his exact words but is it at all possible that it will be set during Carnivale!? As in Mardi Gras? I could see this being a big mix up if all he said was "carnival" in a spoken interview and people just assumed A carnival and not the event that goes on in Louisiana. The reason I ask is because I heard they are filming in New Orleans again but we haven't gotten confirmation that it is actually set in New Orleans. It just brought Mardi Gras to my mind. I think being set at A carnival would be amazing, though. All the freaks!

21. chantilly

chantilly Active Member

I think it means Carnies which I think would be way cool. I could see Ryan loving a show like Carnival. The man loves his freaks and underdogs.

22. kwanatic

kwanatic Well-Known Member

I don't think it will have much to do with New Orleans again. They tend to do a 180 regarding themes/locations from season to season. Like Georgia (where I live) there is a lot of filming in Louisiana (I think it's b/c of the tax breaks the studios get though I could be wrong). Either way, I don't think the filming location has as much to do with the actual location the story takes place in.

I think a haunted carnival would be an excellent setting. There's something inherently creepy about carnivals, especially ones in the early 1900s with their freak shows and whatnot. I liked last season though I thought they could have ended it a little better. It did start of great and fizzle a bit toward the end...

23. AliasJohnDoe

I believe I read in EW earlier in the year that it will take place in the 1950's and Lange will have a German accent.

As for carnivals, the funhouse was always creepy. There has to be a fortune teller. Kathy Bates would make a good bearded lady.

The last season of Heroes took place in a carnival. It will be like deja-vu for Zachary Quinto if he's in this installment.

James Cromwell or Joseph Fiennes would make a good ring master.

24. steve skater

steve skater Member