Amazing Race Nov. 27 -- "Release the Brake!"

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by shan, Nov 28, 2011.

1. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

:wuzrobbed I knew I should have kept them as my next pick after the first NEL. I can't win now. :wuzrobbed

But, they ran an excellent race overall. I'd like to see Amani and Marcus win the whole thing. Ern/Cin are a little too intense :yikes: and it amuses me to see them come in 2nd or 3rd. I hope the Invisibles are the next to go and the finals are between NFL, Boarders and Er/Cin. I'll cheer for them all.

2. Bev Johnston

Bev Johnston Well-Known Member

It was so funny when he was giving the inspirational speech in the car... So tired... Amani just staring into space... They must've been exhausted!

Too bad about Ma and Pa. Physical tasks (well, unless you count the body building thing) weren't what did them in and that's really awesome! I don't think age had anything to do with the reason they were eliminated. The boarders had just as hard of time with the body building, and anyone at any age can get lost.

Invisible are free to go now that they have survived my suicide pick. Although, I did think Jeremy and his budding bromance with his instructor was cute when he was driving the Mustang.

3. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Loved that!

I'm so sad for "Ma and Pa"...

That must have been an exhausting day.
    Now rooting for Amani and Marcus.

4. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:( But a classy exit, punctuated by Cathi's statement about how seniors are seen (or, as it were, "unseen") in society today, and how that helped motivate them to join TAR and to push harder. :respec:

Of course, I had to chuckle at her use of the word "invisible" to describ the above.

5. allezfred

allezfred Hideous Admin Staff Member

That was truly :rolleyes:

Probably. Yuck. :blah:

6. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:p What's wrong with God's Bros winning?

They're only my third favorites among the F4, eeking out the Invisibles ...

... but I'd relish the drama out there after a victory by a win by a team possessing both of the top 2 dastardly traits :drama: in the TAR Fans List of Dastardly Traits best seller -- alpha maleness and unabashed Christianity. :watch:

7. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I don't have a problem with the Boarders comments about Christianity any more than I would if a Muslim racer thanked Allah or any other personal comments such as thank the moon and stars or gods or whatever. I didn't think Tommy's comments were OTT in the least. He's entitled to his beliefs as much as anybody.

The Boarders are excellent racers. They pay attention to the clues, they take risks and they succeed. I want Amani and Marcus to win because Marcus is hysterical and Amani is rock solid. I'd like to meet them. They are people I'd be friends with. Ernie and Cindy are so over prepared (well Cindy is) that they shoot themselves in the foot. As long as the Invisibles don't sneak into the finals, I don't care which team wins. I find something enjoyable about all the other three teams.

Habs and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

The Invisibles really aren't even that bad of a team in comparison to some of the other disasters that have graced our TV screens in the past. Jen & Nate, anybody? Certainly they are better than Rob & Kimberly, Allison & Donny (OMG), Nicky & Vicky, etc. They're just too boring! I won't raise a stink if they sneak into the finals, but they're my choice for being out #4 (even over the Boarders who I am not too fond of -- they've proved to be an excellent team and as much as I dislike them, they 100% deserve one of the 3 spots).

9. Erin

Erin Well-Known Member

Can't argue with this. I find them annoying, but I won't be upset if they win because they totally deserve it.

This just happens to be one of those seasons where I don't want the best racers to win. Kind of like how happy I was that Colin & Christie didn't win Season 5 even though they were easily the best racers.

10. Dragonlady

Dragonlady Well-Known Member

I like the Boarders. They remind me of the Hippies who won a few seasons back. I knew as soon as there was a challenge involving rafting, they'd be back on top by the end of the episode. They killed the canoeing challenge and this was hardly any different.

Sorry to see Ma and Pa go. I wanted them in the final because no older couple has every made it before and well, :shuffle: I'm older.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  11. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

Seriously? You're just hating on them because of their beliefs. :rolleyes:

You should learn to be a more open person.

12. allezfred

allezfred Hideous Admin Staff Member

Yes. Because their belief (that their god is the one and only true one) is obnoxious.

But hey it's all good because Jesus helped them win a Ford Mustang! :cheer:

I won't be taking tips from you when I do. :p

I'm fine with people believing what they want to believe when it comes to religion. Just don't be bothering me with it. I'm not interested.

smurfy and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Erin

Erin Well-Known Member

Yeah, they remind me of the Hippies, too. But I didn't like the Hippies either. :p Same situation with that season...couldn't argue with the result, the best racers won, but I found the best racers obnoxious.

14. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:cheer2: BJ & Tyler! Yes, they were definitely obnoxious, but I friggin loved their brand of obnoxiousness.

Like most here, I'll still applaud a strong team who wins no matter how :cold: odd or abrasive I find their personalities. I've only come across this myself, once (Kendra & Freddy), as most teams that have made me :scream: have gone out in before the finale ... but I know that other viewers have problems with multiple winners.

It's only when poor racers (Flo or Danielle) or boring non-entities (the alpha male ex-druggies/models who won TAR10 ... or Danielle, again) win that I want to throw something.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2011
  15. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

I loved Flo. :lol:

She was horrifically amazing.