Amazing Race Nov. 27 -- "Release the Brake!"

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by shan, Nov 28, 2011.

1. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Is anybody on time?? I think there's a good 20 min. of 60 Minutes left to go.
  2. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

Facebook said it was starting at 7:54.
    shan and (deleted member) like this.
  3. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:cheer: Thank you, I was tired of checking every ten minutes.
  4. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

On time in Eastern Canada :)
  5. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Cindy is a little excited to find that the next leg is beginning. :lol:
  6. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

7. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I could have done without seeing the bodybuilding task for a second week.
  8. shan

shan Well-Known Member

9. PrincessLeppard

10. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:fragile: NFL being lost...

I missed how fast they have to finish the slalom course in.
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  11. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Bigger Ford commercial than usual...will the end of leg prize be a car?

I appreciate that the snowboarders don't ask for God to help them to win, as they seem to be more serious in their religion than many on the show, but I really don't need to hear him asking Christ come forgiveness for his sin of jealousy.
  12. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I wouldn't jazzed to actually ride a raft that I I had a hand in building. It would probably come apart mid ride. :lol:

Did the boarders get two halves of the same clue?
  13. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

Worried for Ma and Pa. :( I assume the unknowns will figure out what was wrong with the waffles shortly...

Is there going to be a third task then? We got a roadblock and detour.
  14. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Love the farmer's attitude..."it's our first date, I'm taking her down the canal"
  15. shan

shan Well-Known Member

That is the cutest little clue! :lol:
  16. PrincessLeppard

Ding ding ding!

:p
  17. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Wow, that's quite a prize.

:rofl: at Marcus pumping himself up!
  18. shan

shan Well-Known Member

19. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

Ditto. :( But remembering their first leg they sure went a long way.

Glad we got to see the pit stop lit up at night, very cool.
  20. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

21. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

Atomium looks cool.
    I just don't like Sandy & Jeremy, hope they are next to go. They truly are the generic dating couple of this show, so unmemorable.
    Sad to see mom and pop go, love their attitude and how cool a relationship they have.
    Snowboarders brought in Christ, which annoys me. Once you get a mustang, get over the jealousy of not doing the task.
    Amani and Marcus - I really like them, but in a way it is amazing they are still there. Really nice people, nice relationship.
    Ernie snapped at Cindy - but still seem cool.
    Raft challenge - scary to me.
    As long as Jeremy and Sandy don't win, I am ok.
  22. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

:wuzrobbed Ma & Pa! Just never had much of a chance to catch up without a bunching point, and all hope was lost when they couldn't find the bird place. Really thought they had a shot at the F3. Long live Meredith & Gretchen as the most successful grandparent team... if Bill & Cathi couldn't make it farther, I really doubt we'll have any teams in the future be able to do so without tremendous amounts of luck.

Ernie & Cindy making waffles is exactly how Mr. Fridge Break and I are in the kitchen. "Why didn't you do it this way?" "I don't know, maybe because that's how I've always done it..?" or "You spilled/dropped that!" "Do you think I did it on purpose??" We'd have been awful at that task.

Boarders are probably going to win the whole thing :blah:

Cheering for Amani & Marcus now, if they can pull it out then they really fought hard to do so. They've been hanging on by the enamel on their teeth for numerous legs all season long.

Feck football.
  23. UMBS Go Blue

UMBS Go Blue KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!

Let's hope the college football gods didn't hear that, with the Big Ten BCS spot on the line next week. :p
  24. Fridge_Break

I was going to say "Feck NFL" but I'd be taking down Marcus with it and I didn't want to do that. :p
  25. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

I remember visiting Brussels after Worlds in Dortmund and stopping to take photos at the base of the Atomium!
  26. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

27. ks1227

ks1227 Well-Known Member

28. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I'm impressed with how well the boarders navigated and moved up in the standings! :cheer2:
  29. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

Hopefully the good guys (and we all know who they are :D ) win easily and nothing will be delayed. Go State!
  30. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

I'm really enjoying the variety of tasks this season. And the movement up and down the ranks.
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  31. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

:wuzrobbed I knew I should have kept them as my next pick after the first NEL. I can't win now. :wuzrobbed

But, they ran an excellent race overall. I'd like to see Amani and Marcus win the whole thing. Ern/Cin are a little too intense :yikes: and it amuses me to see them come in 2nd or 3rd. I hope the Invisibles are the next to go and the finals are between NFL, Boarders and Er/Cin. I'll cheer for them all.
  32. Bev Johnston

Bev Johnston New Member

It was so funny when he was giving the inspirational speech in the car... So tired... Amani just staring into space... They must've been exhausted!

Too bad about Ma and Pa. Physical tasks (well, unless you count the body building thing) weren't what did them in and that's really awesome! I don't think age had anything to do with the reason they were eliminated. The boarders had just as hard of time with the body building, and anyone at any age can get lost.

Invisible are free to go now that they have survived my suicide pick. Although, I did think Jeremy and his budding bromance with his instructor was cute when he was driving the Mustang.
  33. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Loved that!

I'm so sad for "Ma and Pa"...

That must have been an exhausting day.
    Now rooting for Amani and Marcus.
  34. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:( But a classy exit, punctuated by Cathi's statement about how seniors are seen (or, as it were, "unseen") in society today, and how that helped motivate them to join TAR and to push harder. :respec:

Of course, I had to chuckle at her use of the word "invisible" to describ the above.
  35. allezfred

allezfred Prick Admin Staff Member

That was truly :rolleyes:

Probably. Yuck. :blah:
  36. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:p What's wrong with God's Bros winning?

They're only my third favorites among the F4, eeking out the Invisibles ...

... but I'd relish the drama out there after a victory by a win by a team possessing both of the top 2 dastardly traits :drama: in the TAR Fans List of Dastardly Traits best seller -- alpha maleness and unabashed Christianity. :watch:
  37. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I don't have a problem with the Boarders comments about Christianity any more than I would if a Muslim racer thanked Allah or any other personal comments such as thank the moon and stars or gods or whatever. I didn't think Tommy's comments were OTT in the least. He's entitled to his beliefs as much as anybody.

The Boarders are excellent racers. They pay attention to the clues, they take risks and they succeed. I want Amani and Marcus to win because Marcus is hysterical and Amani is rock solid. I'd like to meet them. They are people I'd be friends with. Ernie and Cindy are so over prepared (well Cindy is) that they shoot themselves in the foot. As long as the Invisibles don't sneak into the finals, I don't care which team wins. I find something enjoyable about all the other three teams.
    Habs and (deleted member) like this.
  38. Fridge_Break

The Invisibles really aren't even that bad of a team in comparison to some of the other disasters that have graced our TV screens in the past. Jen & Nate, anybody? Certainly they are better than Rob & Kimberly, Allison & Donny (OMG), Nicky & Vicky, etc. They're just too boring! I won't raise a stink if they sneak into the finals, but they're my choice for being out #4 (even over the Boarders who I am not too fond of -- they've proved to be an excellent team and as much as I dislike them, they 100% deserve one of the 3 spots).
  39. Erin

Erin Well-Known Member

Can't argue with this. I find them annoying, but I won't be upset if they win because they totally deserve it.

This just happens to be one of those seasons where I don't want the best racers to win. Kind of like how happy I was that Colin & Christie didn't win Season 5 even though they were easily the best racers.
  40. Dragonlady

Dragonlady Well-Known Member

I like the Boarders. They remind me of the Hippies who won a few seasons back. I knew as soon as there was a challenge involving rafting, they'd be back on top by the end of the episode. They killed the canoeing challenge and this was hardly any different.

Sorry to see Ma and Pa go. I wanted them in the final because no older couple has every made it before and well, :shuffle: I'm older.
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.