Amazing Race Canada has started filiming

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Castlerock, May 3, 2013.

1. Castlerock

Castlerock Member

KatieC and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

Do they have to sign some kind of secrecy agreement? No chance of knowing whether or not they made it beforehand?

I'm not a fan of the show at all but I'll definitely watch if they're in it.

ETA: no info on the teams on the official site yet, or even air date other than "summer", but they do hint about some of the locations.

3. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

Reality Fan Forum has blurry pics of the teams up on their site and I don't see John & Craig in them.

They found one of the male/male teams audition tapes and its a brother team with one brother who lost his legs in the Afghanistan war. The rest of the teams haven't been ID yet.

4. Norlite

Norlite Well-Known Member

This radio station says that they think Phil is the host. Hope so.

I was afraid it was going to be Mulrooney.

5. Norlite

It airs Monday, July 15th

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

Phil tweeted awhile ago that he wasn't involved with TAR Canada. Maybe that changed?

7. Norlite

I'm only going by what the radio station said. Maybe they haven't a clue and just assumed.

8. liv

liv Well-Known Member

I wish Phil would be in it. To me it's not TAR if it's not Phil... and it's not TAR if they don't go overseas (the family edition was pretty lame), but we'll see. Maybe they'll surprise me and it'll be good.

9. allezfred

allezfred Old and Immature Admin Staff Member

So, there's just staying in Canada? That's a bit...lame. :shuffle:

10. halffull

halffull The most wonderful time of the year :)

Me too :) I'll watch for sure if they are on. Otherwise I probably won't.

11. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

Well, Canada is a pretty large country with a lot of diverse geography. The previews/promos that ran during TAR finale implied that there might be dogsled racing and it would appear, if they actually went off to BC first, that they will visit the breadth of the country as I spotted the Confederation Bridge which joins Prince Edward Island to the mainland in the video. Good luck to all the teams.

12. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

The US is a large country with diverse geography, but we don't talk about the season that won't be named because it sucked so badly....

:scream:

13. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

I'm going to be optimistic. The TAR Canada promos actually look pretty promising.

I still think the season that shall not be named sucked more for the cast/theme than it did because of the locations.

14. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

My guess is it's all about budget. For a fledgling show, getting the budget to send the cast and crew around the world is a lot. In addition, most Canadian productions rely heavily on subsidies and government funding, which usually comes with a lot of requirements re the percentage of production dollars being spent in Canada and paid to Canadians. Wouldn't be surprised if we see some obvious sponsorships/product placements as they did to augment the budget for Big Brother Canada.

I'd give it a shot though - this is the same production company that did Canadian Idol, Battle of the Blades, Big Brother etc - their track record is quite good.

15. shutterbug

shutterbug Well-Known Member

This website seems to be monitoring social media for all things Amazing Race Canada. No sign of Craig & John yet. :( But Hal & Joanne from Body Break might have made it! :)

16. Parsley Sage

Parsley Sage Well-Known Member

17. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

18. Spazactaz

Spazactaz New Member

Lots of figure skaters auditioned.. hoping any of them made it in!!

19. Artemis@BC

20. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

I was joking last night I heard millions sigh in relief that the host was not Ben Mulroney. ;)

Talk about a perfect choice. Jon will be outstanding.

Quite the two days for Canadian Olympians moving into new careers in TV Hosts. City/Rogers announced the coming Breakfast Television Montreal will be co hosted by Alexandre Deparite.

Congratulations to Le Petit Roi on his new job too!!

21. halffull

Only ones I can think of who applied that would be any good would be John and Craig. It would be so fun if they made it :)

22. victorskid

23. Artemis@BC

Teams announced, and no John and Craig. :(

I wonder if they thought having more than one known athlete type team would be unfair? (the other team being the Body Break couple) Whatever the reason, I'm bummed. And I won't watch -- not out of spite, but it's not my type of show and the only reason to watch would have been John & Craig.

24. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

On one hand, I'm sad for John and Craig. On the other hand, I'm glad I don't have to watch yet another show out of obligation.

25. halffull

^^ this lol. I'm sure I won't watch now but I would have if John and Craig were on the show.

26. Artemis@BC

^ LOL good point!

And maybe we'll see Craig and/or John on Battle of the Blades when it comes back in the fall. Tessa Bonhomme can't be the only female hockey player willing to give it a go!

27. KatieC

KatieC Going in circles

I'm watching - anybody else?

28. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

I did! and I thought at times that Jon Montgomery almost sounded like Phil. I think they did a pretty good job and the prizes are nothing to sneeze at either.

What I found almost funny was that not one but TWO teams didn't read the instructions on getting the TWO envelopes from the ??? place (butterfiles). Thirty minute penalty was OK for the father (Sr) and the son (Jr) as they got there so early but when the final two teams reached the mat and the initial placing was that the "gay cowboys" arrived last you could see their sad faces. Then there's a penalty to the twins and boom, the gay cowbows are still in the race. The two guys seemed kind to the girls, giving them hugs good-bye.

29. victorskid

My only complaint (so far) is that there are too many commercials. I get the "product placement" but really!

30. KatieC

KatieC Going in circles

I was blown away by the father who had Parkinsons walking that girder. And after the two girls talked about beating the fellows on the run in, I was happy they finished last.