Amazing Race 3/27 "I Feel Like a Monkey in a Circus Parade"

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by shan, Mar 28, 2011.

1. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I know I'm in the minority, but I like Margie/Luke :shuffle: I'm sorry they got eliminated that way. That was a nightmare task.

OMG Kisha/Jen not looking at the cap :duh: But also :lol: that asking people to take them to the place where their bottle of tea was made pretty much worked. With all that tea drinking, I'm surprised we didn't get comments about how K/J blew it last time on the pee break.

2. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Luke had me sniffling tonight. I'm stunned by that.

:lol: @ pink paint on globe head.

India looks like wall to wall people. Taxi drivers there seem to be just like Jersey drivers, so I'd fit right in. :yikes: @ the near misses with trains, pedestrians, cars and trucks though.

3. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Bu-bye Margie and Luke! :cheer2: Now if only Ron and Christina would get off my TV, I would be a happy camper.

(hey, that posting worked for me last week, hopefully it will work for next elimination!) :p

4. tchaikovsky_177

tchaikovsky_177 New Member

The only team left I dislike is the cowboys, so go away Jet and Cord, and the rest of the show will be very enjoyable indeed! :cheer:

5. Bev Johnston

Bev Johnston Well-Known Member

When did Calcutta become Kolkata? I feel out of the loop in my geography skills!

When Phil was telling Gary and Mallory about their prize, I was thinking how mad I'd be if all I got was a stinkin' bottle of Snapple when other teams won money and vacations. I don't even like Snapple! I was glad to hear there was more to it than just tea. lol

The only team I really disliked in this race was the Reds, and then it was really only 1/2 of that team that I didn't care for. I like everyone who's left and I'm rooting for the Cowboys, but I have a sneaking feeling (due to editing) that Kisha and Jen bring home the win. And darn it - I already chose them in the Suicide game.

6. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

I think the same time Bombay reverted to Mumbai.

Gary and Mallory's prize sounded awesome (Indian feast, and food- plus ooh first taste of tea!), but I don't think I'd want an Indian feast in the middle of the race, and I LOVE Indian food. I tend to overeat, which makes me stuffed, and sometimes sick because of it, and 2) if I was actually in Indian, I imagine the unfamilar food would make me a little sick.

7. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

The renaming is ongoing. As for Kolkata, that's in the last 10 years. Chennai (for Madras) and Mumbai (for Bombay) were done in the 90s, I believe.

8. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

ITA. Justin is great - he's so calm, patient and kind. Justin & Zev have a great friendship.

9. love skating

love skating Clueless American

I like all the teams for once. I couldn't stand Margie and Luke the last time around, but I felt so bad for Luke this time. It was so touching that the Indian tea guys liifted him up when he finally got it and Flight Time hugging him was sweet and classy. I even felt bad for Jaime last week (or was that Cara) who had trouble with the dinosaur task. I'm really enjoying this year's Race.

10. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Another terrific episode! :) Loving that this season is sustaining the quality and excitement ... for me, at least, most seasons begin to puter out at midseason.

Luke is off-puttingly immature, much much younger than his age (22), and this makes me uncomfortable (I blame Margie). He's gay, but I can't imagine dating him without feeling like Chris Hanson would be knocking on my door. But, anyway, I too admit to being a little gutted for the boy -- I mean "man" -- during his troubles and at the elimination pitstop.

Bev, I've got a strong feeling about Kisha & Jen, too. Any of the teams remaining could make finals, except for the "dating" "goths", so it's gonna be a lot of fun to watch. But K&J, though lacking the leg wins/runners-up finishes, are racing the most consistently. Mallory & Gary, too, but I don't trust their sense of direction.

All of the boy/boy pairs in particular -- Trotters, Z&J, and the Cowboys -- are making mid-leg goofs all over the place, then rocking the challenges and/or getting lucky to finish safely. Of course any could make finals and win this season, but they need to race better.

Ron. Ah, TARAS's own little ADHD sixtysomething boy. :cold:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2011
  11. Capella

Capella Guest

Finally watched last week's (3/21) "Harry's Law" and did a double-take when I saw the "dating" "goths" as extras dancing at a nightclub. The episode was about a drag queen (played by "Queer Eye"'s Jai) who was fired after the owner's wife found out her hubby was having an affair with Jai's character.

As for TAR, I did feel really bad for Luke, but he can be a big baby. I also wondered if they were allowed bathroom breaks, because when one of the Indian men picked Luke up and was shaking him around, I was like -- no!!!! Don't squeeze his bladder!

Keisha & Jen have been really under the radar this season. Obviously we've had no swimming tasks. And I <3 the Globetrotters.

12. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

They were also extras in an episode of the Big Bang Theory when Howard and Raj went to a goth club. Did a double take when I saw them in the background. :lol:

13. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

After I realized that Flight Time came from a small town very near my home town, I did some searching and he gives large sums of money back to the school. He also graduated with honors from Centenary. That is really an accomplishment for a college basketball star. Most drop out when the last game of their senior year is over. So, rock on Flight Time and Big Easy. Now, that I think about it, Flight Time does well with the logic tasks. He should just let BE do the physical stuff.

14. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

Awww...I knew I loved these guys during both TAR's they've been in for a reason.

Even though I picked them in the Suicide Game this week. :eek:

That is pretty amazing and also proof his Mama raised him right. :)

15. Prancer

Prancer Dysteleological Staff Member

I have a real soft spot for Flight Time because when my kids were little, they were part of a group that got to spend some time with the Globetrotters. My daughter and a friend were matched with Flight Time, who taught them how to spin a basketball on one finger, dribble and shoot a basket. He was SUCH a sweetheart; he really focused on the girls like he was enjoying what he was doing and he had nothing better to do in the world than teach them a little basketball.

16. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:respec: Flight Time. Definitely seems to be a sweetheart (even when he was being ornery, e.g. "empathetically" imploring Miss Floaties to not force herself down that water slide, LOL), and he's :grope: to boot.

Big Easy? Well, er, he's tall too. :shuffle:

17. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

I didn't know that.

I still find him (Zev) annoying and won't be sad to see them go. :shuffle:

18. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

19. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Four hours??!!!?! No wonder he was crying! :scream:

20. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

21. Bev Johnston

Bev Johnston Well-Known Member

Not to mentioned, was that tea decaf? Yikes, I hope so!!

It will be interesting to see just how far back the Globe Trotters are from the rest of the pack.

22. JumpinBug

JumpinBug New Member

Watching it seemed like MORE than 4 hours, I'm surprised it was that short for him.