Amazing Race 3/27 "I Feel Like a Monkey in a Circus Parade"

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by shan, Mar 28, 2011.

1. shan

shan Well-Known Member

So who's going to be on time this week?
  2. Jenya

Jenya Well-Known Member

I just saw that it's supposed to start 17 minutes late on the East Coast and in the Central time zone.
  3. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

I'm not. Sigh.
  4. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Yeah I see 60 Minutes still on a regular story. They haven't gotten to Andy Rooney yet....
  5. CarolineL

CarolineL Member

It has already ended in Canada as we have the Junos tonight. If anybody wants to know who went home let me know
  6. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Don't wanna know. But, I already know who WINS the leg, courtesy of TAR's overeager sponsor Snapple, who pre-released the bathmat scene. Don't worry, not gonna spoil who's standing there.

I wonder if the episode will play any/all of the "Phil-as-Snapple-Salesman" stuff! On the leaked clip, the poor guy has to give a 30 second "Snapple is delicious and fantastic, and you should really try it right now racer 1 and racer 2!"
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2011
  7. Lilia A

Lilia A Well-Known Member

It just finished here (1 hour early because of the Juno awards).

Here's what happened:
    at the beginning they were given some tea made of papaya and mango, but what they didn't know was that the tea would later be part of a challenge.
    Then they all go to Kolkata, India. They all get there at the same time and have to wait until the next day (watch for a fun moment as they wait).
    The next morning: the Roadblock. The racers had to be taste tea from a table with hundreds of cups and when they identified the one that they had had in China they'd get the clue. Ron got it very fast. The rest seemed to struggle, but in the end it was a Globetrotter and Luke. Luke had a very difficult time and broke down several times. Once he was the only one there, the locals who were present started cheering him on (that was cute), and when he finally got it they all hugged him and lifted him up (that almost made me cry).
    The detour involved a delivery task and a painting task. Gary and Mallory won the leg, followed by Cowboys, Ron & Chris, Zev&Justin, Kynt&Vyxin, Kisha&Jen, and Globetrotters. When the Globetrotters finished the detour, Margie and Luke had arrived already, so before they left they stopped to give them a hug. I though that was nice.
    Margie and Luke did very well in the detour but were too far behind the rest and were eliminated. Poor Luke was clearly frustrated and felt responsible, he said he never thought he'd in the Amazing Race in a million years and that he really enjoyed it.

Major :huh: moments:
    -When Kisha and Jen got their clue after the roadblock, they had no idea what to do with it. They had to uncap the bottle of tea and read the clue on the bottom of the cap. Instead they decided they needed to go to where the tea is made. It wasn't until much later that they realized their mistake. They didn't lose much time though.
    -At the pit stop, Phil announced that Gary and Mallory had won the leg and their price: you'll be the first people ever to taste the new tea made by the company that provided the tea for the race :rofl:. Mallory was like "OMG OMG OMG THAT IS SO GREAT", yeah right. Anyway, he then told them what the rest of the price was (including money).
    -Cowboys, Ron&Chris, and Zev&Justin arrive almost together at the mat. Phil announces that they are 2, 3, and 4. Shortly after, Kent&Vyxin arrive too while the other teams were still there. Phil asks one of the cowboys to tell the goth their placement and says "you're team number......4", Phil then questioned his ability to count :lol:

Anyway, enjoy.
  8. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Go Goths. One more leg then you can rest.
  9. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Woah- that was a quick transition to India!

(I'm worried because Cord talked about sacrifices to be there the cowboys are out this round. And interested to see if Christina's speaking to the tea shop woman and finding out "Papaya Mango" will be an advantage."
  10. PrincessLeppard

I like tea. But I don't know that I could identify a flavor after trying a whole bunch of them. :yikes:
  11. rfisher

Do they get a pee break while drinking?
  12. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I feel bad for how much tea they're having to drink. I would be floating...
  13. rfisher

:rofl: that Keish and Jen haven't taken the lid off yet.
  14. Skittl1321

Oh Poor Luke- the table is half empty! At that point, just start downing tea and running up to the front. Man that's gotta suck. I think the "smelling" technique is the best idea.
  15. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Yeah and :blah: to them being all snappy to the guy who was trying to take the lid off...
  16. rfisher

I didn't realize Flight Time was from very near my hometown unitl I recognized his t-shirt. :cheer2:
  17. rfisher

(((((Ron's wife)))) Can you imagine being married to such a whiner?
  18. PrincessLeppard

You know Snapple has to be ecstatic that Mallory won this leg. Everyone else would probably be all, "okay." :rofl:
  19. tchaikovsky_177

tchaikovsky_177 New Member

Ron is so amazing! He just wants to disco y'all! :rofl::rofl::rofl: Love that old dude.

Oh dear. Jet and Cord counting fail! Priceless.
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  20. PrincessLeppard

I am guessing that Snapple will not use the clip of Kent dancing with his can of Snapple.
  21. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

Holy Season 14 cleansing.. Kisha & Jen, you better not follow the trend and be the next ones out!!
  22. PrincessLeppard

What was that about "in two weeks"?
  23. Fridge_Break

Yeah, WTF? I can't wait that long!!

ETA: Is this because of the NCAA tournament?
  24. rfisher

CMA awards are next week.
  25. Fridge_Break

...I love, love, country music. But :lynch:
  26. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

So are Ron & Christina and Jet & Cord the only ones left that can join Eric as those that have run the entire race twice?!?!

Never been a fan of Luke & Margie so not sorry to see them go. Have to wonder if they had chosen to deliver the books if they would have been ok. That task didn't look too time consuming, if you got good directions.
  27. rfisher

Ron and Xtina need to depart next week. Or the Goths.
  28. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

:wuzrobbed I actually got teary. (Means great editing :lol:)

Seriously, I would much rather had seen whiner team #1 (Justin and what's him name) or whiner team #2 (Ron and Christina) gone.
  29. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. Last time around M/L couldn't get off my tv fast enough, but this time I felt sad (and not just b/c I chose them this week).

I've always liked G/M, but Mallory is starting to grate on my nerves.
  30. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

I don't think Justin is a whiner at all. It seems like it would take a lot of understanding and patience to run this race with someone like Zev, who has Asperger's. I'm constantly impressed with Justin. He never seems to lose patience.
  31. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I know I'm in the minority, but I like Margie/Luke :shuffle: I'm sorry they got eliminated that way. That was a nightmare task.

OMG Kisha/Jen not looking at the cap :duh: But also :lol: that asking people to take them to the place where their bottle of tea was made pretty much worked. With all that tea drinking, I'm surprised we didn't get comments about how K/J blew it last time on the pee break.
  32. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Luke had me sniffling tonight. I'm stunned by that.

:lol: @ pink paint on globe head.

India looks like wall to wall people. Taxi drivers there seem to be just like Jersey drivers, so I'd fit right in. :yikes: @ the near misses with trains, pedestrians, cars and trucks though.
  33. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Bu-bye Margie and Luke! :cheer2: Now if only Ron and Christina would get off my TV, I would be a happy camper.

(hey, that posting worked for me last week, hopefully it will work for next elimination!) :p
  34. tchaikovsky_177

tchaikovsky_177 New Member

The only team left I dislike is the cowboys, so go away Jet and Cord, and the rest of the show will be very enjoyable indeed! :cheer:
  35. Bev Johnston

Bev Johnston New Member

When did Calcutta become Kolkata? I feel out of the loop in my geography skills!

When Phil was telling Gary and Mallory about their prize, I was thinking how mad I'd be if all I got was a stinkin' bottle of Snapple when other teams won money and vacations. I don't even like Snapple! I was glad to hear there was more to it than just tea. lol

The only team I really disliked in this race was the Reds, and then it was really only 1/2 of that team that I didn't care for. I like everyone who's left and I'm rooting for the Cowboys, but I have a sneaking feeling (due to editing) that Kisha and Jen bring home the win. And darn it - I already chose them in the Suicide game.
  36. Skittl1321

I think the same time Bombay reverted to Mumbai.

Gary and Mallory's prize sounded awesome (Indian feast, and food- plus ooh first taste of tea!), but I don't think I'd want an Indian feast in the middle of the race, and I LOVE Indian food. I tend to overeat, which makes me stuffed, and sometimes sick because of it, and 2) if I was actually in Indian, I imagine the unfamilar food would make me a little sick.
  37. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

The renaming is ongoing. As for Kolkata, that's in the last 10 years. Chennai (for Madras) and Mumbai (for Bombay) were done in the 90s, I believe.
  38. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

ITA. Justin is great - he's so calm, patient and kind. Justin & Zev have a great friendship.
  39. love skating

love skating Clueless American

I like all the teams for once. I couldn't stand Margie and Luke the last time around, but I felt so bad for Luke this time. It was so touching that the Indian tea guys liifted him up when he finally got it and Flight Time hugging him was sweet and classy. I even felt bad for Jaime last week (or was that Cara) who had trouble with the dinosaur task. I'm really enjoying this year's Race.
  40. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Another terrific episode! :) Loving that this season is sustaining the quality and excitement ... for me, at least, most seasons begin to puter out at midseason.

Luke is off-puttingly immature, much much younger than his age (22), and this makes me uncomfortable (I blame Margie). He's gay, but I can't imagine dating him without feeling like Chris Hanson would be knocking on my door. But, anyway, I too admit to being a little gutted for the boy -- I mean "man" -- during his troubles and at the elimination pitstop.

Bev, I've got a strong feeling about Kisha & Jen, too. Any of the teams remaining could make finals, except for the "dating" "goths", so it's gonna be a lot of fun to watch. But K&J, though lacking the leg wins/runners-up finishes, are racing the most consistently. Mallory & Gary, too, but I don't trust their sense of direction.

All of the boy/boy pairs in particular -- Trotters, Z&J, and the Cowboys -- are making mid-leg goofs all over the place, then rocking the challenges and/or getting lucky to finish safely. Of course any could make finals and win this season, but they need to race better.

Ron. Ah, TARAS's own little ADHD sixtysomething boy. :cold:
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2011