Amazing Race 2/26 You Know I'm Not as Smart as You

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by FiveRinger, Feb 27, 2012.

1. FiveRinger

FiveRinger Well-Known Member

No thread?

2. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

The queens are all watching the Oscar red carpet. Er, all but one. :shuffle:

Go Border Patrol! Keep up the good work [pissing off the twatty Big Brother pair].

3. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Twatty Big Brothers have already annoyed the rest of the pack. I'm sort of hoping the Hicks make it to the final. I'll be sad when they go.

4. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

"I'm not good at math." Someone beat her, please.

Oh, dear Lord. If she can't handle day two of the race, that doesn't bode well for long term success.

On the other hand, she's totally annoying, which usually does.

So.

Yeah.

5. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

I LOVED watching Rachel from BB saying "I'm not good at math" and crying about it. She spent all of BB lording over everyone how smart she was (but not as smart as Brendan), and how she was a chemist...

6. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

She claimed to have been a chemist? Really? Or is cooking meth all it takes to obtain that designation?

7. rfisher

I will cry if the Clowns are eliminated tonight. I don't want to go down on the first attempt. :wuzrobbed: Stupid bus window. I'm sort of competitive like the NoRioGrande boys. :shuffle:

8. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

I just want the hawt twins to make it. I don't even care if I go out. (I have the Tools.)

9. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

tivoing TAR to watch the Oscars live.

10. Skittl1321

OMG- I hate the little cheer the girls in the pink tops just did.

11. rfisher

It'll be twins, tools or clowns and it's not looking good for the clowns. Oh, well.

12. Kelleys6th

Kelleys6th Active Member

Rachel: :wuzrobbed

We are awesome! :cheer2:

13. Skittl1321

Wait - BB Rachel just called someone else's make up overdone? She might not be wrong, but pot meet kettle.

14. Bev Johnston

Bev Johnston Well-Known Member

Why in the heck was Rachel having such a melt down? God, that was annoying!

Team Kentucky needs subtitles at all times. I probably missed 3/4 of what they were saying.

Jersey Tools still not as annoying as I originally thought they might be.

Not sad to see the Sad Clowns out. I can't respect anyone who runs the race in khakis.

15. Prancer

Prancer Jawwalking Staff Member

She's supposedly a graduate student in chemistry.

I found this on another message board:

I used to know her a few years back, and she was so incredibly stupid, but she would always use the line that she is a chemist and she is "like totally super smart, people just think I'm a ditz." I witnessed her inability to even do basic math.

Haven't we all? :lol:

But if Wiki is to be believed, she does indeed have a chemistry degree from Western Carolina University.

Yes, but it was Vanessa, who is (IMHO, of course) prettier than Rachel and got the math question right.

:cheer2:English majors unite! WE can do basic math!:cheer2: Just don't ask us to do anything like, you know, algebra.

But I can't see Rachel being too fond of Vanessa :shuffle:.

"Stop yelling at meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" :wuzrobbed

I love it when dating couples fight like that :lol:. He actually tried to appease her. My husband might apologize once, but if I kept whining, would tell me to get a move on and cry in the taxi.

I wonder how long it will be before Brendan's friends stop telling him he has a booger on his nose :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:.

16. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

I wonder if the Clown guy (sorry, still don't know names :shuffle:) never did get the math problem right, but everyone had already checked in so the producers just told the guy to give him the clue? He looked like he had no idea how to solve the problem. Although neither did I, until I played it back like 4 times to hear it over and over again, so who am I to judge. Plus I suck at math to so it woulda taken me forever to do the math each time I counted the cows. :lol: Counting the cows correctly seemed to be the biggest problem.

How exactly did the bus window break anyway? Did someone throw something at it? How does the window "just break"?

17. Skittl1321

I'm guessing a rock kicked up on the road.

I had a window break on my car when a mowing machine threw a rock at it. It was terrifying and the film from the tinting held most of the glass together (though it was broken into a million little pieces). I can't imagine how no one was hurt when that window clearly shattered.

18. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised that the producers informed the clue giver just to hand the clue over to the clown (don't remember his name either) after all of the other teams have checked in, to save some time and not have Phil do the elimination at the stock yard.

And I saw a large tire near the 2nd bus when it was pulled over on the side of the road so it looked like a tire came loose from another vehicle, causing the window to break. Keep an eye out for post show interviews with the clowns to just see how long they were on the side of the road with the other 3 teams.

Since I've watched both seasons of Rachel on big brother, her random tears over nothing doesn't bother me. I'm actually kind of fond of her in some weird way.

I also love team Kentucky, just cause I lived in eastern Kentucky for 3 years and Booper & Mark remind me of that time of my life. The hot twins, team Jersey and the cousins are other teams I like.

19. liv

liv Well-Known Member

I was lucky. Here in Canada they put TAR on at 7 so we could watch Oscars live.

Laughed out loud when I saw they had to do a math problem... many people would probably have trouble with that one, not because the math was hard but because of the stress of the situation which can make you forget basics.

Can not understand Bopper half the time. Mark is ok, but, the other guy, funny as he is, has just too much twang that I'm not yet used to!!

BB Rachel is an idiot.

Didn't find the clowns that funny, but then they were around too short a time to really learn much about them.

You could kind of tell who was going because even though other teams were also in the bottom, they didn't ever focus on them, letting you know you'd learn about them later.

20. Bev Johnston

God help me, I actually think the Jersey Tools are cute!! :lol: I liked the comment/low drama re: the blood running down the one guy's hand.

21. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Oy, Catherine (/ anybody!), how could you be anywhere near fond of BigB Rachel? That woman is thoroughly completely excruiatingly EXHAUSTING! :drama: :scream:

She WON Big Brother? The rest of the cast must have been horrible and/or ignorant people.

:lol: Border Patrol is overly macho-confident, and that will probably cost them the Race down the road, but I love how they'v got BigB 100% pegged. "No, we're not going to follow those nimrods" :rofl:

Loving Bopper and Pukey, and ... well, actually, this cast is a "win" so far . Strong and probably strong racers abound, interesting "real lives," and clear heroes and villains. Good job, TARPTB.

Glad that the clowns went, as I found them to be like all clowns -- sad on the inside, and desperate to convince themselves and us that they're "the happiest couple in the world." (His words, not mine.) I didn't want to watch that any longer ... yuck.

22. Skittl1321

She won BB because she is GOOD at challenges, and BB has an odd mix of needing people to like you vs. respect you for playing the game. People didn't like her. Also, the producers totally gave it to her.

23. The Village Idiot

The Village Idiot Demon Barber

I need to say for the record that Team Jersey is from Long Island, NY. Let's give credit where credit is due.

24. Bev Johnston

And two episodes in, we heard "Tears of Clown" twice. Oy. Glad it's over. Plus, can't get over that they ran the race in what passes for business casual attire for some in my office.

25. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Not related to this episode, but was talking TAR with someone, who 'claims' that whenever they are in countries where they drive on the opposite side of the road than in the USA, they never have them drive themselves due to preventing accidents since racers would not be used to it? That they always have to take either taxi's, walk, public transportation or some way other than driving themselves when they are in countries that drive on the left? That sounds bogus to me. They go to an awful lot of countries that drive on the left but that's something I would never pay attention to to notice. I say not true, she says true. Who be right? ;)

26. allezfred

allezfred Old and Immature Admin Staff Member

You. They drove in Japan and the UK before (Ireland too?) as far as I recall.

27. Bev Johnston

One season they had to get a driver's license in India as a roadblock. India drives on the left, yes?

28. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

I got around to watching the episode last night, as my Sunday evening was spent in airports :drama:

BB Rachel - oof. "But I don't know anything about cows!" Yeah, you obviously don't know much about simple division as well. I love that the other two teams there worked together and left her out to dry. Then I loved it that Mark & Bopper beat them to the mat even though they left the roadblock at the same time.

Those two girl teams got lucky. I'm glad they ended up 5th and 6th because I like both of them. And their genuine excited-ness when they were told they weren't last was awesome.

Vanessa & Ralph have been great entertainment so far. I was completely :rolleyes: at their intro clip, but turns out that so far I was wrong on my original reception of them. "Son of a monkey's uncle!" :p

Ratings sucked, mostly because of the Oscars. I hope they bounce back next week.